Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Adventures untold Customer service experience
2716 38 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chriswood718
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22198 ft
United States

After a week of Complaining about my customer service experience they’re finally going to take a look at my Flyaway event.Thank you to the Dji forum Community for all your help

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for contacting DJI support. Your case has been escalated, and is currently being investigated by a customer support supervisor. We appreciate your patience and will reply back shortly.

Best regards,
DJI Support

So While we wait I decided to make a little video. Because I know everybody works better with a timeline

How was your customer service experience?

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=vVGkSs
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/X5WPTY4BSHQFSOO2DEDT/

Flight data

2018-1-27
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Strange I had to reset my password for all my DJI accounts
2018-1-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm glad to hear that they're taking another look. I doubt that you'll be offered a free warranty replacement since it was outside the 1-year warranty period, but hopefully you'll be offered a discount coupon to offset some of the cost of the loss.
2018-1-27
Use props
vashon100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1671864 ft
United States

The second video shows zero satellites and no GPS very clearly.  Even the distance is in the millions of meters.  You can't expect the drone to work properly if not launched properly.
2018-1-27
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Honestly, I can't imagine why you are arguing over this one. The warranty has expired and you flew knowing there was very weak gps and interference.
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

I think that you did not take any precautious measures before the takeoff. 0 satellites and no GPS signal. I'm gonna say this is on you, and don't take out all your hurt feelings on some customer service person. You can't expect a drone to RTH when it has no idea where it is in the world. Don't blame DJI for bad support, this is 100% on you and that film about Adventure Untold is just capitalism, if you know what that is! Think before you fly, think before you talk. Have a good one!
2018-1-27
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Look like gps goto 0  10 second after motor start at this point eyes are on Mavic
2018-1-27
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-27 21:31
I think that you did not take any precautious measures before the takeoff. 0 satellites and no GPS signal. I'm gonna say this is on you, and don't take out all your hurt feelings on some customer service person. You can't expect a drone to RTH when it has no idea where it is in the world. Don't blame DJI for bad support, this is 100% on you and that film about Adventure Untold is just capitalism, if you know what that is! Think before you fly, think before you talk. Have a good one!

You’re right  I should’nt updated firmware . I believe the update had a different tune for the startup of the Mavic pro  platinum completely useless.

And capitalism ???? I’m out 2000 bucks over this lost drone Goggles batteries etc.
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-27 22:25
You’re right  I should’nt updated firmware . I believe the update had a different tune for the startup of the Mavic pro  platinum completely useless.

And capitalism ???? I’m out 2000 bucks over this lost drone Goggles batteries etc.

Thanks for your patience. Please feel free to contact us if you have any doubt in your case.
2018-1-27
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

It looks like the gps dropped out just as the motors started.

Even if gps had failed, you should still be able to fly it in atti mode or whatever it is that it reverts to.
2018-1-28
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Mavdude Posted at 2018-1-28 00:46
It looks like the gps dropped out just as the motors started.

Even if gps had failed, you should still be able to fly it in atti mode or whatever it is that it reverts to.

I try to gain control it didnt Seem to respond properly I never fly Mavic in ATTI mode but I have  flew other drones without gps and have a lot of flight sim experience and once flew a real Cessna 152. Between mode changes and If  notifications it was very over Whelming.
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-27 22:25

Did you not restart the craft after updating? And yes capitalism, thats money, you buy, they sell, they profit, thats how it works.
2018-1-28
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-28 10:57
Did you not restart the craft after updating? And yes capitalism, thats money, you buy, they sell, they profit, thats how it works.

I follow the on screen Instructions and yes the Mavic did restart. It went through it’s usually startup Routine play startup music an Twitch all for propellers and so on. The thing that was different was that it was stuck in ATTI for 5 min. Then gps with 13  satellites kick in controller was green So I started auto takeoff. Everything was fine until one minute 48 seconds. That went ATTI came back Starting to Drift drift backwards. I tried to regain control By throttling forward to no avail seems like I had no  lateral control
Elevation seem to be working I gain height to increase signal  and avoid obstacles. This was about 40 second  and then the downlink went off for about 10 seconds. And the rest is pretty much history
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-28 13:09
I follow the on screen Instructions and yes the Mavic did restart. It went through it’s usually startup Routine play startup music an Twitch all for propellers and so on. The thing that was different was that it was stuck in ATTI for 5 min. Then gps with 13  satellites kick in controller was green So I started auto takeoff. Everything was fine until one minute 48 seconds. That went ATTI came back Starting to Drift drift backwards. I tried to regain control By throttling forward to no avail seems like I had no  lateral control
Elevation seem to be working I gain height to increase signal  and avoid obstacles. This was about 40 second  and then the downlink went off for about 10 seconds. And the rest is pretty much history

Did you not have any satellites? Thats what the data said.
2018-1-28
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

I was preparing controller log an saw I had old firmware on controller V01.03.0900 and 4.1.22 on Mavic could this cause problems?
2018-1-28
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad it’s being reviewed again
2018-1-28
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's pretty obvious that there were No satellites / No GPS and should have never taken off in that condition . What's on your device is also,what's on your DJI GO4 App. Your should have rebooted everything to see if you could grain GPS/ Satellites before taking off.  I always look at GPS, RTH point, IMU and Compress readings before I ever take off. That should be standard practice as a UAV pilot.
2018-1-28
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Jbundy63 Posted at 2018-1-28 17:47
It's pretty obvious that there were No satellites / No GPS and should have never taken off in that condition . What's on your device is also,what's on your DJI GO4 App. Your should have rebooted everything to see if you could grain GPS/ Satellites before taking off.  I always look at GPS, RTH point, IMU and Compress readings before I ever take off. That should be standard practice as a UAV pilot.

If it that important then it should be on main controller . When I took off noting look different to me
Remember these drones are being market to consumer with no flight experience. If I have
0 satellites.It May mean I have a hardware failure.   I brought a drone with Gps not one with out
2018-1-28
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Hi all hope you enjoy? Thanks for all your help
2018-1-30
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Soon to follow a Review of DJI MAVIC PRO REFURBISHED
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-3 15:09
[view_image][view_image]

Soon to follow a Review of DJI MAVIC PRO REFURBISHED

Glad to know the issue turns out to be great, hope you will get the drone soon.
2018-2-4
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

. I’m having major problems DJI trying to pull fast one on me. first they send me a 15% of a Refurbish offer with overnight shipping. Mavic So I think great deal. Then last Minute they send me a shipping notice  that says  I’m receiving Mavic without battery or propellers with 5 day shipping.  So I ask  where’s the deal and they advice me that it’s impossible for me to return The Mavic because it a Virtual order and they ran it as a repair and its Warrantee is in question. So I think I’ll be re-posting that anti Dji video. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-6 21:56
. I’m having major problems DJI trying to pull fast one on me. first they send me a 15% of a Refurbish offer with overnight shipping. Mavic So I think great deal. Then last Minute they send me a shipping notice  that says  I’m receiving Mavic without battery or propellers with 5 day shipping.  So I ask  where’s the deal and they advice me that it’s impossible for me to return The Mavic because it a Virtual order and they ran it as a repair and its Warrantee is in question. So I think I’ll be re-posting that anti Dji video. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!
[view_image][view_image]

Hi Chriswood, sorry to know the issue still hasn't been sorted out, I have transferred your frustration to local team to verify if the battery and the propeller should be included, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-2-7
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Please let me know if the battery and propellers are included in this shipment as per the sales receipt. If I don’t have an answer in writing by the time of delivery, I will be forced to refuse shipment and file a claim with my credit card company that I did not receive what I was purchasing. Yesterday I called and customer service was not able to tell me if I have a warranty with this product. They also told me it was not returnable since it was filed as a “Virtual order”. I am not sure what that means?
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-7 12:01
Please let me know if the battery and propellers are included in this shipment as per the sales receipt. If I don’t have an answer in writing by the time of delivery, I will be forced to refuse shipment and file a claim with my credit card company that I did not receive what I was purchasing. Yesterday I called and customer service was not able to tell me if I have a warranty with this product. They also told me it was not returnable since it was filed as a “Virtual order”. I am not sure what that means? [view_image]

Chriswood, local team is following up your case, we will have someone to contact you after verification, appreciate your patience very much.
2018-2-7
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Just got off the phone with Dji Management Spoke to Tom out of Lakewood NJ they are overnighting a battery and prop’s for my Mavic Pro thing are  Starting to look up
Thank you Tom you resolved my issue in 30 seconds and restored my Faith in DJI. Mindy from DJI I’m assuming you are a Avatar of many different people at DJI thank you for being there at all different hours aiding and helping people with there  Relationships with technology. To DJI SUPPORT  I understand your position Between Customers frustrations and upholding company policy it is not a easy job “THANKYOU” for your time and Effort. To DJI MAVIC FOURM AND MAVIC PILOTS FOURM  A REAL BIG THANK YOU for you help and Intense scrutiny. I tried to answer everyone’s questions  in a respectful manner even when their words were not very kind. many Of you apologized after Decoding flight logs and dat. Files .When you realize something very wrong happen to my Mavic Pro gps.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-8 11:41
Just got off the phone with Dji Management Spoke to Tom out of Lakewood NJ they are overnighting a battery and prop’s for my Mavic Pro thing are  Starting to look up
Thank you Tom you resolved my issue in 30 seconds and restored my Faith in DJI. Mindy from DJI I’m assuming you are a Avatar of many different people at DJI thank you for being there at all different hours aiding and helping people with there  Relationships with technology. To DJI SUPPORT  I understand your position Between Customers frustrations and upholding company policy it is not a easy job “THANKYOU” for your time and Effort. To DJI MAVIC FOURM AND MAVIC PILOTS FOURM  A REAL BIG THANK YOU for you help and Intense scrutiny. I tried to answer everyone’s questions  in a respectful manner even when their words were not very kind. many Of you apologized after Decoding flight logs and dat. Files .When you realize something very wrong happen to my Mavic Pro gps.
[view_image]

Thank you for your update and glad that the issue is resolved. Hope you can receive the battery and propellers soon and enjoy your time. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2018-2-8
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: battery and props Received. things are coming together Mavic Pro Scheduled for Tuesday the 13th delivery.  Hmm I thing there’s a  ❤️ story brewing !!!
2018-2-9
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

But unfortunately I’m have another problem I sign up for Dji select program and have a 50% off coupon Dji care program and I got a message saying that the Mavic Pro has been activated for more than 48 hours (which is impossible since its still in transit to my home) and I purchased Dji care before on this Mavic Pro.  This has me worried that this refurbished Mavic is being sold to me without a warranty. In short I’m looking to Insure my investment. My Serial numbers is 08QDE1H01R030R I Check the web site and Confirmed that you are able to buy Dji care on refurbished Mavic Pro. So what’s going on if I have a problem with my Mavic Pro I don’t want to be told “Sorry we can’t help your Mavic Pro is Out of Warranty” After paying $650 bucks.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-9 12:02
[view_image] But unfortunately I’m have another problem I sign up for Dji select program and have a 50% off coupon Dji care program and I got a message saying that the Mavic Pro has been activated for more than 48 hours (which is impossible since its still in transit to my home) and I purchased Dji care before on this Mavic Pro.  This has me worried that this refurbished Mavic is being sold to me without a warranty. In short I’m looking to Insure my investment. My Serial numbers is 08QDE1H01R030R I Check the web site and Confirmed that you are able to buy Dji care on refurbished Mavic Pro. So what’s going on if I have a problem with my Mavic Pro I don’t want to be told “Sorry we can’t help your Mavic Pro is Out of Warranty” After paying $650 bucks.[view_image]

Hi there, I have replied your another post, let's update there. Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
Sparkflyer
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-8 22:46
Thank you for your update and glad that the issue is resolved. Hope you can receive the battery and propellers soon and enjoy your time. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.

I see the reference to a mention of Tom, out of Lakewood, NJ, as local DJI...
Does DJI have a facility in NJ?  Does this mean that I can get support from the East Coast (without sending to California)?  I had a Spark, briefly, and expect to get a M-A  (FMC) when they  become available at Best Buy.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sparkflyer Posted at 2018-2-10 15:28
Does DJI have a facility in NJ?  Does this mean that I can get support from the East Coast (without sending to California)?  I had a Spark, briefly, and expect to get a M-A  (FMC) when they  become available at Best Buy.

Hey there, as far as I know, there is no DJI Official Repair Center in NJ, if there is an issue with the drone, you still need to send the drone back to the DJI Repair Center (California). But if you don't want to send the drone in, you can also check if there is a recommended repair center nearby. Hope it helps.
2018-2-10
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Sparkflyer Posted at 2018-2-10 15:28

Tom in NJ was a  member of  DJI  management team the battery and props we shipped out of California
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-11 07:21
Tom in NJ was a  member of  DJI  management team the battery and props we shipped out of California

The number they call from is in NJ, but I believe Tom is in the DJI Cerritos, CA,  facility.m it was Tom who (supposedly) personally took my 5th Mavic Pro off the shelf and had the DJI fight team test fly it prior to shipping it to me (none of which actually happened).
2018-2-11
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-11 17:24
The number they call from is in NJ, but I believe Tom is in the DJI Cerritos, CA,  facility.m it was Tom who (supposedly) personally took my 5th Mavic Pro off the shelf and had the DJI fight team test fly it prior to shipping it to me (none of which actually happened).

All I really know is thing for me change for me in a good way after Tom got involved
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-11 19:40
All I really know is thing for me change for me in a good way after Tom got involved

Yeah, I thought the same, until he didn't do all the things he promised to do... except send me a new Mavic.
2018-2-11
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Guess what ?
2018-2-13
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2