lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi all.

I’m writing this post because I want to tell that the first
month with my DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus has been a good
experience.
There is a lot of negative posts about how crappie the drone and firmware is, and I really feel with those people who got
a lot of problems. I really do, and I hope they will get things sorted out ASAP.

My experience has been positive and I got no issues of serious character. Only a bit with the propellers but nothing that I can’t solve by my self.

I bought the Obsidian in Plus edition, and the ultra clear screen is totally amazing. I’m stunned.  Yea there is some
downsides with the build in screen, but nothing I did know
about before I bought the drone.
At least I can hope for that DJI will look in the PLUS controller direction in the future so that we get the same
ability as the noneplus edition.
2018-1-27
Use props
NOA
lvl.2
Belgium

Glad to hear you are enjoying your P4P. Wish I could say the same. I've bought this device for both commercial and non-commercial projects and I have experienced nothing but troubles. The only time I didn't notice any issue was during my very first flight. Later that day I updated the firmware to the latest (recommended) version and things started to get bad- really bad!!!

- Reversed screen (image flipping upside down) when pointing the camera towards the ground. This is a very dangerous problem - getting completely disoriented during flight!
- Green lines and flickering screen during flight - EVERY FLIGHT !!!!
- GPS / disconnecting issues

I hate to ruin the party but I feel like I cant trust this device for non of my projects! Ever since I experienced these issues I have started to read the forums and contact DJI support via mail & chat and their support is just as problematic as their firmware! "What do you mean by ticket/case number??" How is a support representative able to follow up / report back on my case when they don't even work with case numbers? How can another support agent pick up from a previous conversation / escalate if there's no report of all the info that has been provided by a customer??? From the very first time I contacted support I immediately knew nobody was going to resolve my issue(s). This is the kind of "have you tried switching it off and on again" support and I'm really getting sick of it! I'm not a test user DJI !!!
If you want me to test your devices, please send me another device and put me on your payroll.

This is going on for weeks now (since I bought the device) and I'm losing my patients! Thinking to escalate this (together with other dissatisfied customers) if there is no proper response coming from DJI.
2018-1-27
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Good for you , glad you like your p4p+ .....enjoy and remember to fly safe
2018-1-27
Use props
fans9be3730c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53688 ft
United States

I have had mine for a month.  The first thing I did before I even took it in the air was update all firmware.  I have flown it several times and have never had an issue.  Was perfect.  Though even though I can be in the middle of nowhere, I still get interference at 2.4G and always have to fly in 5.8G
2018-1-27
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

NOA Posted at 2018-1-27 10:30
Glad to hear you are enjoying your P4P. Wish I could say the same. I've bought this device for both commercial and non-commercial projects and I have experienced nothing but troubles. The only time I didn't notice any issue was during my very first flight. Later that day I updated the firmware to the latest (recommended) version and things started to get bad- really bad!!!

- Reversed screen (image flipping upside down) when pointing the camera towards the ground. This is a very dangerous problem - getting completely disoriented during flight!

I’m sorry to hear about all those problems you experience
with DJI. I would be mad to!
I realy don’t hope I ever will end up in the same situation as
you.
I might have been in same boat as you if had done the update
to the most resent firmware. I did not because my drone was
flying without any problems so why update. The releasenote
did not announce any exiting news anyway.
Isn’t it possible for you to downgrade again?
I realy hope you get things sorted out as fast as possible so
that you can get the full out of your investment.
2018-1-27
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

fans9be3730c Posted at 2018-1-27 11:03
I have had mine for a month.  The first thing I did before I even took it in the air was update all firmware.  I have flown it several times and have never had an issue.  Was perfect.  Though even though I can be in the middle of nowhere, I still get interference at 2.4G and always have to fly in 5.8G

In the beginning I had interference problems to. I solved that
problem by turning off my cellphone before every flight. All
interference problem is now gone.
2018-1-27
Use props
Jim Redman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53688 ft
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-27 11:12
In the beginning I had interference problems to. I solved that
problem by turning off my cellphone before every flight. All
interference problem is now gone.

Thanks, I do typically do that, but not Thursday, but was about 200 feet from my cell.  I usually turn it on Air Plane mode.
2018-1-27
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just give it time, give it time and your tune will change ....LOL  sorry, don't mean to be a Debby downer!
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

I'm glad you are enjoying your drone. Happy flying!
2018-1-27
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-27 11:37
Just give it time, give it time and your tune will change ....LOL  sorry, don't mean to be a Debby downer!

That’s ok.. thanks for your 2 cents ;)
2018-1-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've been lucky as well. All my 3 birds (P3P, Inspire 1 Pro and P4P+) are flying fine, no major issue ever. Well, until I decided to expand my fleet by mighty Matrice 200 drone ... This machine refuses to fly reliably from day 1, due to faulty compass or GPS receiver, awaiting for shipment back to China. Coincidentally I purchased OSMO Pro set also to make better use of my X5 camera, and this device arrived DOA ... I'm facing my first ever conversation with DJI after sale support this Monday, and having a goose-bumps already ...
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules