1066 9 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrJayd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1717133 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I just got a P4P Obsidian and a CS 5.5. Got all the updates done and went to try it out in the back of my house and it didnt ask my to calibrate. I looked through the menus but cant figure out how to manually do it.
Thoughts? I dont want to fly to far until I know all is good.
2018-1-27
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was the same with my Obsidian - I did a compass calibrate, even though it said all was ok, it wont hurt and it solved a load of GPS error messages I did have straight from the box. You calibrate in the app theres a calibrate compass button on one of the screens to activate it. Then you do the compass dance with your drone.
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

I can't find it either (P4)...
2018-1-27
Use props
MrJayd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-1-27 11:14
I was the same with my Obsidian - I did a compass calibrate, even though it said all was ok, it wont hurt and it solved a load of GPS error messages I did have straight from the box. You calibrate in the app theres a calibrate compass button on one of the screens to activate it. Then you do the compass dance with your drone.

The only calibrate I find in the menus are for the controller calibration. Basically it shows to do the same kind of dance with the controller.
2018-1-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should read through the manual couple of times, which you can download from Here.

If you're not familiar with the calibrations (Five different ones in total), then you will not be familiar with the other workings and quirks of the Phantom, particularly the Return To Home function, which is not failsafe and very dependant on your understanding how it works.

Edit:- Lots of other good instructional videos etc on that web page.
2018-1-27
Use props
MrJayd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-27 13:58
You should read through the manual couple of times, which you can download from Here.

If you're not familiar with the calibrations (Five different ones in total), then you will not be familiar with the other workings and quirks of the Phantom, particularly the Return To Home function, which is not failsafe and very dependant on your understanding how it works.

I am familiar with phantoms. I had A phantom 2 a few years ago. And I have read the manual here for the P4P but I get no calibrate options when I hit the activity bar on the app.
2018-1-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MrJayd Posted at 2018-1-27 16:33
I am familiar with phantoms. I had A phantom 2 a few years ago. And I have read the manual here for the P4P but I get no calibrate options when I hit the activity bar on the app.

Look in 'Main Controller Settings' / 'Advanced Settings'/'Sensors' then tap on 'Compass' tab and you will see a calibrate compass option at bottom of screen.

If the system had requested a calibration then the calibrate option is made available in the aircraft status menu as described in the manual.
2018-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MrJayd Posted at 2018-1-27 16:33
I am familiar with phantoms. I had A phantom 2 a few years ago. And I have read the manual here for the P4P but I get no calibrate options when I hit the activity bar on the app.

Go back and read p57 of the manual to find out when you should calibrate your new Phantom.
2018-1-27
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is under "Advanced Settings" Compass and IMU calibration, you can toggle between the two.
2018-1-28
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1
United States

You are suppose to use DJI Assistant2 to calibrate Phantom 4 Pro/+ forward looking sensors, then down looking sensors and one additional calibration.  My brand new PP4+ would not calibrate other than forward looking.  Once support was aware of this they authorized return.   Upon inspection, they replaced the drone rather than try to repair it.  Beware; CALIBRATE USING DJI ASSISTANT 2 !
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules