Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Signal drop outs with the new update
970 8 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

So I decided to go and fly the spark after the new DJI Go app update. It went good until it said disconected when I was about 20 high and 20 meters away! Line of sight no obstcles in between me and the drone. After about five seconds I got signal back and continued with the flight. 20 seconds later again signal completely lost at 100 meters away, but then five seconds later I got signal back. First battery down, second one out. It happened again! I had about 60% left when I decided to come back and just go through the settings (Spark was on the ground less than a meter away from the RC when I was going through the settings) Signal got completly lost! How? Explain that.I had the anntenas out, my phone was fine, everythng was charged, and this is all with the Remote Control. Ive gone 1.5km out with the RC but i couldnt go more than 330 meters now with the new app update. Also I had 14 sats.

Any ideas if I did something wrong or if its the software?
2018-1-27
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Sorry for my bad spelling.
2018-1-27
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you on Android or iOS?  Are you using WiFi or OTG cable?  And just to be clear, the new DJI Go app update you are referring to is v4.2.4?  I flew yesterday with v4.2.4 connected to an iPhone 6s (iOS 11.2.5) with DJI Go 4.2.4 and had a great experience.  I tested it both via WiFi and OTG cable and had a great flight with each method.  I went up 393ft and out just over 1000 feet with great signal.
2018-1-27
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

i had numerous "weak transmission signal" warnings post-update, too. android/dedicated phone - also had no map. i've refrained from much in the way of beefing about the little things, but i might be getting ready to now.
2018-1-27
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-1-27 12:48
Are you on Android or iOS?  Are you using WiFi or OTG cable?  And just to be clear, the new DJI Go app update you are referring to is v4.2.4?  I flew yesterday with v4.2.4 connected to an iPhone 6s (iOS 11.2.5) with DJI Go 4.2.4 and had a great experience.  I tested it both via WiFi and OTG cable and had a great flight with each method.  I went up 393ft and out just over 1000 feet with great signal.

I have the LG G5 running android 7.0 and im using the wifi of the RC and latest version of everything
2018-1-27
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Loosing the signal that close is puzzling.  Remote's antenna lose?  Someone on your wifi channel with a strong transmitter?

Try a new location and watch your signal strength meter.  It is also telling you the amount of data bits that are lost in the noise and not just the signal strength.  Your area might be noisy.  
2018-1-27
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-27 14:13
Loosing the signal that close is puzzling.  Remote's antenna lose?  Someone on your wifi channel with a strong transmitter?

Try a new location and watch your signal strength meter.  It is also telling you the amount of data bits that are lost in the noise and not just the signal strength.  Your area might be noisy.

The area that I flew this morning was the area that max I get about 700 meters because of the houses and interference but never a signal dropout that close and in line of sight. This time again I got less range but I dont really care about that. The aircraft disconnected when its in line line of sight which is very annoying.
2018-1-27
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I tested 4.2.4 android, lost connection on samsung A5(2017) and asus K007 tablet @ 150 mtr , NO OTG!! support.
Back again to 4.1.15 pffff
2018-1-28
Use props
DMY
lvl.2
Philippines

I experienced lost signal too after I upgraded to the latest firmware. I decided to roll back to version .701 and signal was back to normal.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules