Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Selling DJI Spark; What to do on my side?
6314 39 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eman_vg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Hi DJI Family:

I am selling my DJI Spark on eBay. I have had a very fun run with it but its time to let it go for the Mavic Air. Anyways, I have set the starting bid at $245, and have all the specs, photos, and info already on my draft. What I am wondering before I post it to the site: What do I do with my DJI account? Do I have to unregister the drone? Won't the drone still be under my name? How can I change this? What other steps should I take before sending it off to its new owner?

I appreciate any help anyone may have. Thanks!

2018-1-27
Use props
XAFAfterShock
Captain
Flight distance : 40771 ft
United States

Good question!!! I'm putting mine on ebay in a few days and was wondering the same thing so I'll be keeping an eye on this.
2018-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

From previous times this was asked, the DJI folks have said that there currently isn't  a way to de-register it, it will stay with the email you used to activate it forever. Also, they have said that Care Refresh follows the serial number so whoever buys it can still use any remaining coverage. Whoever buys it just needs to create their own DJI account and login the app to it. It will fly just fine.
The only thing that will have to be de-registered is the FAA (or whatever it is in your country if not the USA) registration if you've done that. Otherwise the new owner won't be able to register it to themselves.
2018-1-27
Use props
Scott V.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241791 ft
United States

RE: Selling DJI Spark; What to do on my side?

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-27 13:16
From previous times this was asked, the DJI folks have said that there currently isn't  a way to de-register it, it will stay with the email you used to activate it forever. Also, they have said that Care Refresh follows the serial number so whoever buys it can still use any remaining coverage. Whoever buys it just needs to create their own DJI account and login the app to it. It will fly just fine.
The only thing that will have to be de-registered is the FAA (or whatever it is in your country if not the USA) registration if you've done that. Otherwise the new owner won't be able to register it to themselves.

Unless you are flying under Part 107 your Spark is NOT registered with the FAA. YOU are. You would remove any stickers on the Spark that have you current registration # on them. When you get your new Mavic, you will then use the same number you already have been using on your Spark. As a matter of fact, if you own multiple drones at the same time, the same number is used on all of them.
Part 107 is different and all of your drones have a different registration #.
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-27 13:16
The only thing that will have to be de-registered is the FAA (or whatever it is in your country if not the USA) registration if you've done that. Otherwise the new owner won't be able to register it to themselves.

Thanks for the answer. I wish there was a way to scratch it off my account. So when they receive it they will have to log into DJI Go4 with their account and there won't be any problems, right?
2018-1-27
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

don't forget to post the ebay link..i may be interested
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-27 17:01

What is a good price in your opinion? Used, never damaged, very well kept, fly more combo. I'll post the link but do you think I should go auction or buy now?
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Here is the link for anyone interested, it will be put into an auction if not sold in a certain timeframe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-VE ... inners/142670818143
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1426708 ... d=p3984.m1558.l2649
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

This is the link for the auction starting at $220. Put your bid in to win! https://www.ebay.com/itm/1426708 ... d=p3984.m1558.l2649
2018-1-27
Use props
XAFAfterShock
Captain
Flight distance : 40771 ft
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-27 16:58
Thanks for the answer. I wish there was a way to scratch it off my account. So when they receive it they will have to log into DJI Go4 with their account and there won't be any problems, right?

Yeah they will have to make their own account so whatever they do with the drone will never come back to you.
2018-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
  • >>>
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-27 16:58

That is what my understanding is.
2018-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Scott V. Posted at 2018-1-27 14:23
Unless you are flying under Part 107 your Spark is NOT registered with the FAA. YOU are. You would remove any stickers on the Spark that have you current registration # on them. When you get your new Mavic, you will then use the same number you already have been using on your Spark. As a matter of fact, if you own multiple drones at the same time, the same number is used on all of them.
Part 107 is different and all of your drones have a different registration #.

I guess you didn't read my reply very carefully. I said 'IF' YOU'VE DONE THAT', if he had registered himself as a recreational pilot, then the IF would not be true, right?
2018-1-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3270079 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man, there are going to be a lot of cheap Sparks for sale.  Gonna have to buy a few dirt cheap.
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-27 20:58
Man, there are going to be a lot of cheap Sparks for sale.  Gonna have to buy a few dirt cheap.

Yup. I have some competition on eBay
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-27 19:35
That is what my understanding is.

alright thanks!
2018-1-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5831237 ft
Thailand

>Do I have to unregister the drone<

Have you registered your drone to any authorities?
THERE you need to unregister.
But afaik not @ DJI
2018-1-27
Use props
Rickyber
Second Officer
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-27 20:58

That's cool and you could have a small fleet.....lol

I can't see myself getting rid of mine because I have never had any problems with it and really enjoy flying it. Also, it is great to have a little guy like this for certain videos or photographs you would like to capture. Also, it is one you can keep in your vehicle at all times and have it ready to go, in no time.
Who knows what kind of situations you might stumble upon somewhere and capture the video of a lifetime.
2018-1-28
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-27 17:01

Spark Fly More Plus Accessories

Here’s mine in case anyone’s interested.
2018-1-28
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417 ft
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-27 18:15
This is the link for the auction starting at $220. Put your bid in to win! https://www.ebay.com/itm/142670835826?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Just a word of warning eman......Be VERY careful with ebay and high dollar items like the spark. Make sure you only ship to a CONFIRMED Paypal address, get signature confirmation, and have pictures of everything. If a zero feedback new account bidder wins your auction, your risk losing that spark goes higher. Because you have zero feedback yourself, your pool of experienced buyers will be less than other auctions which could bring a lower than average price. Unfortunately, you would be more of a target by the unsavory because of your limited history. The fact that Paypal will give a buyer 180 days to change their mind after playing with your merchandise, is why I would never sell anything over $100 on Ebay. Only my opinion but just be careful.
2018-1-28
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
United States

Looks like the Ebay average going rate for a preowned Fly More Spark at the moment is $450 ± $50. Before the Mavic Air announcement, it was closer to $525.
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-1-28 08:34
Just a word of warning eman......Be VERY careful with ebay and high dollar items like the spark. Make sure you only ship to a CONFIRMED Paypal address, get signature confirmation, and have pictures of everything. If a zero feedback new account bidder wins your auction, your risk losing that spark goes higher. Because you have zero feedback yourself, your pool of experienced buyers will be less than other auctions which could bring a lower than average price. Unfortunately, you would be more of a target by the unsavory because of your limited history. The fact that Paypal will give a buyer 180 days to change their mind after playing with your merchandise, is why I would never sell anything over $100 on Ebay. Only my opinion but just be careful.

That is a very good opinion. I don't know where else to sell, if you have suggestions I am open to hearing them. Thanks for the feedback, I will consider what you said!
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-27 22:11
>Do I have to unregister the drone<

Have you registered your drone to any authorities?

The only way I could've registered is if Part 107. If you register with FAA they just give you a number for your drone, it is not permanently stuck to it.
2018-1-28
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-28 10:53
That is a very good opinion. I don't know where else to sell, if you have suggestions I am open to hearing them. Thanks for the feedback, I will consider what you said!

RC FORUMS is a good place.

FaceBook MarketPlace , as well as Spark groups, would be another decent place where you can get an idea of who you're dealing with before you ship it.

Don't get me wrong, Most Ebay transactions go well and you probably wont have problems. I've just noticed more fraud in recent years.
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-1-28 08:34
Just a word of warning eman......Be VERY careful with ebay and high dollar items like the spark. Make sure you only ship to a CONFIRMED Paypal address, get signature confirmation, and have pictures of everything. If a zero feedback new account bidder wins your auction, your risk losing that spark goes higher. Because you have zero feedback yourself, your pool of experienced buyers will be less than other auctions which could bring a lower than average price. Unfortunately, you would be more of a target by the unsavory because of your limited history. The fact that Paypal will give a buyer 180 days to change their mind after playing with your merchandise, is why I would never sell anything over $100 on Ebay. Only my opinion but just be careful.

So you're saying that they may purposely damage it to make me look bad? Or are you also saying that fraud on their part, that they may be able to defend money through PayPal without me knowing?
2018-1-28
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-28 11:30
So you're saying that they may purposely damage it to make me look bad? Or are you also saying that fraud on their part, that they may be able to defend money through PayPal without me knowing?

Not trying to be a total pessimist but there will be people at any venue to get things free for a living. The problem with Ebay and Paypal is their buyer protection policies. It is excellent protection for a buyer but sellers are usually left holding the bag. Disputes favor heavily toward buyers and some take advantage of that. If I were selling an iron grittle, a ps4 game, or something like a handmade scarf....Ok! The fact that a drone can fly away, malfunction, they crash it, or simply get buyers remorse  then still file a dispute within 6 months is too much for me. Maybe I'm paranoid. Google the 180 day dispute policy and seller complaints about it.

"Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment."

2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-1-28 12:21
Not trying to be a total pessimist but there will be people at any venue to get things free for a living. The problem with Ebay and Paypal is their buyer protection policies. It is excellent protection for a buyer but sellers are usually left holding the bag. Disputes favor heavily toward buyers and some take advantage of that. If I were selling an iron grittle, a ps4 game, or something like a handmade scarf....Ok! The fact that a drone can fly away, malfunction, they crash it, or simply get buyers remorse  then still file a dispute within 6 months is too much for me. Maybe I'm paranoid. Google the 180 day dispute policy and seller complaints about it.

"Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment."

I will defiantly consider what you said. I will film my drone flying for a whole duration of a battery, I will take many photos to try to not allow that to happen to me. Also, I haven't gotten a single bid yet. I have 7 watchers but no bidders, is it too early to worry? Or should I change something?
2018-1-28
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-28 15:01
I will defiantly consider what you said. I will film my drone flying for a whole duration of a battery, I will take many photos to try to not allow that to happen to me. Also, I haven't gotten a single bid yet. I have 7 watchers but no bidders, is it too early to worry? Or should I change something?

7 watchers already is a good thing. The bidders that will actually buy it bid on the last day in the last few hours, minutes, or seconds. If anything, I would change it to a 7 day auction and let it end around 6 or 7 Sunday PT (9 or 10 ET). I've gotten more consistant results ending those times. I don't think you would benefit from a 10 day auction especially since more Sparks are hitting the market driving down prices.
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-1-28 16:31
7 watchers already is a good thing. The bidders that will actually buy it bid on the last day in the last few hours, minutes, or seconds. If anything, I would change it to a 7 day auction and let it end around 6 or 7 Sunday PT (9 or 10 ET). I've gotten more consistant results ending those times. I don't think you would benefit from a 10 day auction especially since more Sparks are hitting the market driving down prices.

I'll change it now. Thanks. I lowered the starting bid too.
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

New Issue: My buyer didn't pay up. I sold it at an auction for $430 on Saturday but my buyer has yet to pay and hasn't responded to any of my messages I sent him. What should I do?
2018-2-7
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

I would say around 260 is the proper price!
2018-2-7
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-2-7 18:18
I would say around 260 is the proper price!

For the auction on eBay it sold for $430. The buyer hasn't responded to me yet though. It ended on Saturday and I am getting frustrated because other people bid up to $420 before it ended. I hope that this guy didn't troll me. I will be talking to eBay soon, because this is a high value item!!
2018-2-7
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
Second Officer
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-7 19:06
For the auction on eBay it sold for $430. The buyer hasn't responded to me yet though. It ended on Saturday and I am getting frustrated because other people bid up to $420 before it ended. I hope that this guy didn't troll me. I will be talking to eBay soon, because this is a high value item!!

you saving up for any magics?
2018-2-10
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
Second Officer
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-7 19:06
For the auction on eBay it sold for $430. The buyer hasn't responded to me yet though. It ended on Saturday and I am getting frustrated because other people bid up to $420 before it ended. I hope that this guy didn't troll me. I will be talking to eBay soon, because this is a high value item!!

you saving up for any mavics?
2018-2-10
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-2-10 15:48
you saving up for any mavics?

I was originally thinking about the Mavic Air. I might wait for the Mavic Pro 2 if it comes out March.
2018-2-11
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-11 07:42
I was originally thinking about the Mavic Air. I might wait for the Mavic Pro 2 if it comes out March.

Did the guy ever pay for your Spark?
2018-2-11
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-2-11 09:46
Did the guy ever pay for your Spark?

No they didn't. I am close to closing the case with eBay. They will pay for all expenses but I still need to sell my drone again.
2018-2-11
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-11 12:23
No they didn't. I am close to closing the case with eBay. They will pay for all expenses but I still need to sell my drone again.

The last legitimate bidder it seems you had was the one with the red star 3094 feedback @ $269. This is common with Ebay nowadays. Sad part is the change where you can't leave negative feed back on a buyer like this. The very bright side is...... You still have your Spark and didn't lose it to one of those scammers.
2018-2-11
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-2-11 13:25
The last legitimate bidder it seems you had was the one with the red star 3094 feedback @ $269. This is common with Ebay nowadays. Sad part is the change where you can't leave negative feed back on a buyer like this. The very bright side is...... You still have your Spark and didn't lose it to one of those scammers.

I know. I am just wanting to sell it, is it that hard to really do it? I added a new sale to see if there can be any legit buyers wanting it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-VE ... inners/142687540340

If there are no legit people, then I will figure another way to sell it.
2018-2-11
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

I sold mine to a friend, and he got a KILLER deal, but he is new to the hobby and has like 5 small children and was really only looking for a controller as his wife got him a Spark as a gift (without the controller).

He gave me $425 for the fly more combo (including everything), and the Spark was in top notch condition.  Also: 3 additional batteries for a total of 5 batteries. a Nanuck hardshell case (highly recommended), parabolic range extenders, gimbal protector, gimbal sunshade, and hand launch pad.

He is really enjoying using the controller and the extra batteries!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules