Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone tour around Gilette Stadium
556 5 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peselito
lvl.3
United States

Hey there,

I am planning a tour for tomorrow here in Massachusetts and found a airport/heliport free spot. The best part of it is that it is the Football stadium of the New England Patroits, the Gilette Statium. According to AirMap and B4Ufly, the area is clear and I do not have to inform any airports.

Now I know that flying over stadiums during an active sports event is prohibited, but tomorrow there is nothing scheduled so the restriction should not be active. However, I do not know for sure if I am 100% allowed to take some footage there.

I would appreciate some opinions of drone users who maybe have already encountered a situation like this.

regards,
peselito

2018-1-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Contact the FAA directly to be safe and get it in writing if they say OK. Be nice to see the footage if so.
2018-1-28
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Being a Patriots fan I am anxious to see the video when its completed
2018-1-28
Use props
EskildS
First Officer
Flight distance : 111650 ft
Norway

Hopefully it will work out, and we will se the video in here
2018-1-28
Use props
peselito
lvl.3
United States

I am sorry to disappoint you guys. I checked online with Gilette stadium and drones are prohibited on the property

I will, however, get some other footage with the DJI Osmo and will keep you posted ;)
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

peselito Posted at 2018-1-28 09:16
I am sorry to disappoint you guys. I checked online with Gilette stadium and drones are prohibited on the property

I will, however, get some other footage with the DJI Osmo and will keep you posted ;)

Better to be safe than... arrested! You did the right thing. Still post the Osmo footage though
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules