following an moving object controlling inspire from inside a vehicle
1366 11 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hi,
i have recently taken my inspire on a safari expedition in Zambia and Tanzania, we did with some of our vehicles. I tried to  follow and film one of the 2 vehicles on the move, while sitting inside the second and following it. It worked out fine, except for the fact that, although I had set the homepoint to be the controller, the gps reception of the controller itself inside was not sufficient inside the vehicle, so every 500m or 1000 m, the inspire would stop as it reached the maximum distance allowed to the receiver. I had to hold the transmitter out of the vehicle window and update the home position, before it would proceed.
Despite this results were not too bad. No time to train, but next time it should be much better.
you can see yourself:

2015-4-25
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

here is a pic as well
DJI_0009b.jpg
2015-4-25
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

Did you manage to get any footage of the wildlife with your Inspire? It would be amazing to see you fly over a herd of wildebeest, buffalo, or even a group of lounging crocodiles!
The footage was fun to watch, it's amazing how luscious the landscape is along the river.
2015-4-27
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

I had to hold the transmitter out of the vehicle window and update the home position, before it would proceed.
The other option is updating the home point using the Inspire's position instead of the controller's.  This should almost always work.  Just a thought.
2015-4-27
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Wow what a beautiful picture! I am jealous!
2015-4-27
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Where you in beginner mode or have maximum range turned on?
2015-4-27
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

thanks Mistician,
did purposely not fly over any wildlife as did not want to harass / disturb them... such a peaceful  atmosphere...
I did film ( by coincidence, did not see they were there till I reviewed the footage) a couple of crocodiles jumping into the water.. but nothing special.. will try and post in coming days.
Should be back in Africa in a couple of months for some more adventures and hopefully some more exiting footage!
2015-4-27
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hi Pete,
that is a good idea... to be honest the idea to film the vehicle was sudden and there was not much time to get organised. I just tried out, and then while flying discovered the inspire was stopping every so much. will try again with better planning next time !
2015-4-27
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

here is a pic of the crocodiles .. will upload section of video soon..but nothing special, just a glimpse !
crock.jpg
2015-4-27
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

2015-4-27
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mark, I am unsure at this stage of my settings..was a bit of an improvisation unfortunately !!
2015-4-27
Use props
twbigshap
lvl.2

United Kingdom

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules