2136 19 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 516237 ft
Estonia

Hey guys!

So a while ago, I crashed my P4. It was maybe a 2 meter fall. After that, when i put my securing bracket back on, the gimbal is bent to the left from the body. I believe that its a bent yaw arm? Anyone knows, where could i get a replacement? Anyone has tried those 20$ ebay CNC “aicraft grade” ones?
2018-1-28
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Estonia

Here are a couple of pictures.

I was thinking of ordering one of those:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Gimbal-Ya ... :g:8SgAAOSw42dZEvvt
2018-1-28
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Buy in tàobao. Very cheap
2018-1-28
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

【Phantom精灵4维修配件 云台保护架 7字YAW上支架ROLL下支架电机盖】http://www.dwntme.com/h.ZbSEH8G 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥rFDY0m39vv3¥后打开
2018-1-28
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Estonia

First of all, that site seems kinda sketchy. Also, i want feedback from people, who has bought them or know anything about it. I dont need just another link.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoT
lvl.4
United States

I purchased one from Amazon, but I am fairly certain that they are the same. The paint doesn't quite match and the paint was not perfect in a few spots, otherwise it fit just fine. The biggest thing to realize is that the screws on the gimbal are terrible, and will strip very easily. If the yaw motor screws strip, as they did for me, they are recessed and pretty much impossible to get to. And, no, drilling the screw out will not work. Same for a screw-removal kit. Those cheap screws cost me a whole new yaw motor and a screw kit, as well as the time for swapping motor caps. In the end, a $20 swap ended up costing me almost $100.
2018-1-28
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Estonia

djiuser_iGJqCoT Posted at 2018-1-28 18:27
I purchased one from Amazon, but I am fairly certain that they are the same. The paint doesn't quite match and the paint was not perfect in a few spots, otherwise it fit just fine. The biggest thing to realize is that the screws on the gimbal are terrible, and will strip very easily. If the yaw motor screws strip, as they did for me, they are recessed and pretty much impossible to get to. And, no, drilling the screw out will not work. Same for a screw-removal kit. Those cheap screws cost me a whole new yaw motor and a screw kit, as well as the time for swapping motor caps. In the end, a $20 swap ended up costing me almost $100.

Was it hard to remove the gimbal flex cable?
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

MartK Posted at 2018-1-28 23:25
Was it hard to remove the gimbal flex cable?

No, it is quite simple. You grab the flex cable closest to the adhesive and peel it up. Use heat for anything stubborn, as too much force will tear the cable.
2018-1-29
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Estonia

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-1-29 08:44
No, it is quite simple. You grab the flex cable closest to the adhesive and peel it up. Use heat for anything stubborn, as too much force will tear the cable.

Oh well thanks for the heads-up. I orderd mine from eBay, so it should arrive in 2-3 weeks. I try to remember to write my experience to here, too once it's all done. Wouldn't really perfer to do it, since it doesn't look that bad, but the video is so shakey with even the slightest of wind and it also seems to cause this jerky movement while trying to do smooth turning.
2018-1-29
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Taobao is the biggest shopping mall site in China. You will get all spare parts of p4 much cheaper then ever. If you can't use, ore don't know how, let me know. I can help. Can buy and send to u..as a sample.
I'm German who is living in China.
2018-1-29
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Estonia

T-R Posted at 2018-1-29 23:17
Taobao is the biggest shopping mall site in China. You will get all spare parts of p4 much cheaper then ever. If you can't use, ore don't know how, let me know. I can help. Can buy and send to u..as a sample.
I'm German who is living in China.

Thanks anyway for the link. Altough it is 3 dollars cheaper, I didn't understood a word in the site. And it seemned like it didnt accept PayPal. So i think i'll stick with eBay for now, because the 3 dollars isn't so much of a difference.
2018-1-30
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_iGJqCoT Posted at 2018-1-28 18:27
I purchased one from Amazon, but I am fairly certain that they are the same. The paint doesn't quite match and the paint was not perfect in a few spots, otherwise it fit just fine. The biggest thing to realize is that the screws on the gimbal are terrible, and will strip very easily. If the yaw motor screws strip, as they did for me, they are recessed and pretty much impossible to get to. And, no, drilling the screw out will not work. Same for a screw-removal kit. Those cheap screws cost me a whole new yaw motor and a screw kit, as well as the time for swapping motor caps. In the end, a $20 swap ended up costing me almost $100.

Hi there mate...I can relate to your post doing a yaw arm repair on P4,  I too cannot remove the yaw arm motor because of those damn crappy screws (stripped)...looks like i up for a new yaw motor..where did you get that screw set from?
2018-2-1
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-2-1 20:25
Hi there mate...I can relate to your post doing a yaw arm repair on P4,  I too cannot remove the yaw arm motor because of those damn crappy screws (stripped)...looks like i up for a new yaw motor..where did you get that screw set from?

Amazon, but you can find them on eBay and other drone sites, too. But, it's a waste of money. Find a specialty bolt shop and see if they can get you M2 x 2.8mm. If not, M2 x 3.00mm should be fine. You can shave some off if it's too long.
2018-2-2
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-2-2 12:46
Amazon, but you can find them on eBay and other drone sites, too. But, it's a waste of money. Find a specialty bolt shop and see if they can get you M2 x 2.8mm. If not, M2 x 3.00mm should be fine. You can shave some off if it's too long.

Thank you persistance is the key when doing repairs eh!
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MartK Posted at 2018-1-30 00:46
Thanks anyway for the link.  Altough it is 3 dollars cheaper, I didn't understood a word in the site. And it seemned like it didnt accept PayPal. So i think i'll stick with eBay for now, because the 3 dollars isn't so much of a difference.

Mart, since your drone crashed, please send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-2-4
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Estonia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-4 19:16
Mart, since your drone crashed, please send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.

I would gladly do it if DJI would pay for the repairs and shipping. But im more than certain that it wouldn't go under warranty, since it crashed due to faulty firmware/interfearence or pilot error, but since there is no way to prove what really happened(the so-called black box shows that i steered the aircraft straight to the threes), then i wouldn't waste your time and my money and nerves.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MartK Posted at 2018-2-5 04:48
I would gladly do it if DJI would pay for the repairs and shipping. But im more than certain that it wouldn't go under warranty, since it crashed due to faulty firmware/interfearence or pilot error, but since there is no way to prove what really happened(the so-called black box shows that i steered the aircraft straight to the threes), then i wouldn't waste your time and my money and nerves.

I see. Did you get any error message in the app? Any malfunction after the crash? Thanks for your support.
2018-2-9
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Www.wish.com
And www.geek.com sell online aftermarket dji spares and accessories
2018-2-9
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Estonia

Well you guys were right. The motor screws are really crap and very tight. I don't know if it was intentional for DJI to do it like that, but it's really big issue for people who just want to repair their drone and not pay the premium to DJI for a repair. "Luckily" i managed to strip only the yaw roll motor screws, so a new motor and a screw set is in order....
2018-2-14
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

MartK Posted at 2018-2-14 09:13
Well you guys were right. The motor screws are really crap and very tight. I don't know if it was intentional for DJI to do it like that, but it's really big issue for people who just want to repair their drone and not pay the premium to DJI for a repair. "Luckily" i managed to strip only the yaw roll motor screws, so a new motor and a screw set is in order....

Yeah MartK probably was intentional like some of those motor screws on P3/P4 shells way too tight causing stress cracks.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules