Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Filming and photography in portugal
8644 10 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello

Has soneone in this forum ever applied for a film permit in portugal?

I know all the drone rules in portugal but you need a permit if you want to film with the drone.

I only want to film for recreational as its my holiday , so not for youtube, commercialky etc etc

I just want to know , if it takes long for them to approve or if the are difficult in this?

I already emailed the filled out application.

Anybody has experience in this?
2018-1-28
Use props
Stupac
New
United States

I have not personally completed the process, although I plan to for an upcoming vacation in June.  So far, the best resource that I have found is by YouTuber Ronnie Funke.  He made an awesome video that explains the whole process, the time required, and cost.  Hope this helps!

2018-1-30
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh super thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to know
2018-1-30
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Its a good find and interesting video
2018-1-30
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

Good work , thanks for the heads up
2018-4-16
Use props
fansb2aaa381
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34741 ft
Spain

I'm living in Portugal and as long as you don't fly over groups of people, near airports or above 120 metres you'll basically be ignored by the authorities. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.
2018-4-16
Use props
fansb2aaa381
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34741 ft
Spain

Under Portugal’s new rules, drones may thus only “effect daytime flights, in the line of sight, up to 120 metres (400 feet), in cases in which the aircraft are not flying in areas subject to restrictions or in the proximity of airports.”
Restricted areas are mapped out on the website www.voanaboa.pt
Flights above 120 metres can only be undertaken with the express authorisation of ANAC.
Drones must at all times maintain a safe distance from persons and property, so as to avoid damage in case of accident, and the remote pilot must give priority to crewed aircraft and keep the drone away from them whenever they might exceptionally be flying at an altitude close to the drone.
Drones must also always have their identifying lights on and may not be operated by anyone whose physical or mental capacity is impaired in any way.
Drone users are not required to register themselves or their equipment under the new rules.
2018-4-16
Use props
Mars5150
First Officer
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

I'm in the same position. Holidays this summer in Portugal.
Check this out http://dronerules.eu/en/professional/regulations (link says professional, but  all infos are reported).
2018-5-8
Use props
alexsavin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 373661 ft
United Kingdom

Helloo! It's been a year since the last post in this thread so can anyone confirm that registration is not needed for flying hobby drones in Portugal? Where can I see the official rules?

I've managed to register myself with AAN and even sent them a paper letter to confirm my account. However I'm unable to register my drone on that site since it requires a registration number issue by ANAC - national aviation authority - and I have no idea how to register my drone with them.
2019-3-3
Use props
awestruckwander
New
United States

I just got back from Portugal and had a great time flying my Mavic Air. It was difficult to find information online regarding regulations and necessary applications, so after a lot of my own research I wrote a blog here: Comprehensive Guide to Drone Laws in Portugal (https://www.awestruckwander.com/blog/comprehensive-guide-to-drone-regulations-in-portugal). It was actually a pretty straight-forward process once I knew what to do. Hope it helps, and let me know if you have questions that I can help answer! Flying in the Algarve was amazing!
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules