A Note on App Updates in iOS 11.xx
920 4 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

This may be known by some here, perhaps not all:
On iOS 11.xx (I am on 11.2.1), there is an option to allow apps to auto update (thinking about GO 4 here) or require a manual update.
I am using a Mini 4 as my dedicated device on the RC, and did not necessarily want the GO 4 app to auto update from .22 to .4, but the default setting on iOS 11 appears to be AUTO update, so the app has been updated. No apparent problems have appeared, but I'd like to be the one in charge of that update.
To enable/disable auto update:
Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads > Apps (switch to disable) > Updates (switch to disable).  Exit Settings.

Keep Calm and Carry On....
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, if you meet problems with the system, please inform us. Thanks for your support.  
2018-2-4
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-4 22:35
Sir, if you meet problems with the system, please inform us. Thanks for your support.

No problems with the system. Just want to inform iOS users about ability to MANUALLY update the GO4 app, rather than have it auto update without their knowledge.
2018-2-5
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Good point. Thanks for the heads up.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-2-5 04:22
No problems with the system. Just want to inform iOS users about ability to MANUALLY update the GO4 app, rather than have it auto update without their knowledge.

Thanks for your suggestion. We are working on improving our service.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules