mid-flight disconnect IPad -- Remote Control (Spark RTH)
925 6 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluedot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218471 ft
Germany

Hello Spark Pilots,

i have been flying yesterday - 25 minutes problem-free with 2 batteries - but then after flying 5 minutes with my 3rd Battery i had a nasty encounter while flying with my Spark Combo.

my set-up:

iPad Mini 2  (iOS 11.2.5)
DJO Go 4 App for iOS Ver. 4.2.4
Spark Firmware 1.00.0900
Remote Control Firmware 1.00.0400
Batteries Firmware 1.00.0085
(no OTG)

Suddenly during mid-flight - Spark was only 50 m away - my IPad Screen went grey and the "no connection" message appeared. The RC started beeping and Spark initiated RTH which worked well and Spark went "Home". This took approx. 60 seconds ( climbing to pre-set RTH altitude - moving to RTH point and descending ) during which my iPad and the RC did not manage to reestablish communication to each other. Interestingly the LED on the RC remained GREEN. While Spark was still RTH-ing, i had a look into the iPad WLAN settings and i noticed that the usual "Spark-RC-xxxx" WLAN name was not showing on iPAD.

After Spark has landed i switched the RC off and on completely and everything was fine again, i.e. the iPad and RC connected again via WLAN. ( I took a short flight just to make sure it is not a matter of battery levels etc, but was able to fly another few minutes just fine )

Any opinions on what could have happened here?

Thanks and regards!
UPDATE: i have just seen this DJI thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-131074-1-1.html "Notice on compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI GO or D..." and it very much describes what seemed to have happened to me. The only thing is, that "Spark" was not mentioned in the above message ?)

2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, sorry for the unexpected experience. I would recommend you try to download the IOS system to 11.2.2 and see if it works. Our engineers are working on this issues. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-4
Use props
Scott Moore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing just happen to me TODAY. Flew first flight with no issues.
Second flight about 7 minutes it just said aircraft disconnected and flew up to RTH between the power lines and thankfully did not hit them and returned home. Had 0 control of the drone.  It attempted to do this same thing a few weeks ago but I had control. But this time no control. I sent in a report to DJI and never herd anything back from them. I just sent in another report with flight logs.

I see no errors in the log. I was for sure it was going to fly away. Thankfully it did not.
Scared to fly this thing now.

iPhone 6S  (iOS 11.2.5)
DJO Go 4 App for iOS Ver. 4.2.5 (3072)
Spark Firmware 1.00.0900

Here is the flight log
AirData
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=LhlWTX

PhantomHelp Flight Log
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OLHAKEPWJWA0J49N4TYF/

This is the video of the event right up through the power lines.You will see me run under it in case it hits the power lines and falls.

2018-2-12
Use props
fansbe9ecc38
lvl.1

United States

This just happened to me. Mine never returned home.
2018-2-12
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Get disconnects all the time.
My Spark is useless.
2018-2-12
Use props
fansbe9ecc38
lvl.1

United States

My spark flew away a couple days ago and the more I read, the more I’m thinking that this is what happened to me. Never was able to find the drone.
2018-2-12
Use props
Chirpz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
United States

I set the wifi channel selection manual and select the strongest channel to fly.  In our hood, we have LOTS of wifi interferrence.  Doing this really helps.  I am always very aware of which direction my spark is pointed at all times.  That way I can fly home manually using the sticks if the problem is just with the ipad and I still have control.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules