Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark with RC and iPad mini in EU
1140 10 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jukov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38563 ft
Slovakia

I decided to buy for flying with spark iPad mini. With my Android phone, I was not able to connect on 2.4 GHz and max distance was below 100 meters. These are some first experiences after two days of flying with iPad mini
With iPad, I'm able to connect on 2.4 GHz. I have not tested max distance, I won't push too much because I was flying near people, rough terrain, and road, so my max is around 150 meters.

There was some signal loss, but I was able to retreat back. But there was one moment. The first fly today was very exciting. With drone in maybe 50 meters distance and 30 meters alt I had a brief signal disconnection message and after that black screen on my iPad. The drone began with RTH, so I was no trying to reopen app or something. I believe RC still worked but because  RTH continued very well I don't interrupt and let the drone fly on its own. It set a meter and half from starting point. I turned drone of a look at iPad. It looked like it was in a sleep mode. After touching the home button DJI GO4 app was back, still disconnected. Very wired. After that, I noticed that I can see RC wifi on my iPad. I had to turn wifi on my iPad off and on again, after that it has started to work

Two point about accessories - Sun hood is a very big help even with soft winter Sun. I bought Spark's portable power pack and it is simply great. Can only recommend

The temperature today increase to 5 degrees Celsius. The flying time increased from 12 to 13/14 minutes with at least 20% battery reserve. (without propeller guards)

At the end, just two notes

1. As a photographer, I would really appreciate if I can in the moment of the final composition turn of or signs, maps, and radars in the DJI GO 4 app and be able to see just the picture.
2. Today I forgot to turn off wifi on my phone (the phone I used to fly Spark before, so it knows RC wifi). Maybe that was the source of the problem I described above

Today, in a vineyard with Maggie

Today, in a vineyard with Maggie

Today, in vineyard with Maggie

DJI_0471s.jpg

2018-1-28
Use props
Grmachine
Second Officer
United States

Great story, glad everything worked out for you.
I am using the same Ipad mini 4, I really like the big screen compared to phone, and the bonus is, it fits in the controller, and works with the OTG wire.
2018-1-28
Use props
jukov
lvl.3
Slovakia

Grmachine Posted at 2018-1-28 10:00
Great story, glad everything worked out for you.
I am using the same Ipad mini 4, I really like the big screen compared to phone, and the bonus is, it fits in the controller, and works with the OTG wire.

ad OTG cable - after your post I have tested connection and it looks to be working.

This is really great news!

2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. The dog is cute. I think you can put your phone in airplane mode and see if it works better. I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green before flight. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-2
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

Interesting capture and in regards to your first note ((1. As a photographer, I would really appreciate if I can in the moment of the final composition turn of or signs, maps, and radars in the DJI GO 4 app and be able to see just the picture. ))
I believe its possible Check this out here
2018-2-2
Use props
jukov
lvl.3
Slovakia

ArnoSpark Posted at 2018-2-2 04:07
Interesting capture and in regards to your first note ((1. As a photographer, I would really appreciate if I can in the moment of the final composition turn of or signs, maps, and radars in the DJI GO 4 app and be able to see just the picture. ))
I believe its possible  Check this out here

Thank you very much. It is really working, I just have to use (iPad mini4), double fingers movement

thank you again and have a good day

j
2018-2-2
Use props
roberteb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Nigeria

Distance is no issue in EU, important is to point the antennas correct.

See my distance test 6 months ago: https://forum.dji.com/thread-107091-1-1.html  
2018-2-2
Use props
jukov
lvl.3
Slovakia

roberteb Posted at 2018-2-2 05:21
Distance is no issue in EU, important is to point the antennas correct.

See my distance test 6 months ago: https://forum.dji.com/thread-107091-1-1.html

how should I point RC antennas?
2018-2-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for saring, nice pictures
2018-2-2
Use props
roberteb