2nd hand spark has synced with previous user's info.
1823 12 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wkdandyly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29705 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

First post and loving the spark but I have got an issue with my account. I purchased the spark 2nd hand and it must of had the previous users account on it as after I made a few flights and synced the app, the two accounts have merged and I have their detail in with mine so it looks like I have done a lot more than I actually have. I don't want their information and only want the expereinces that I have had, is there anything I can do to delete their details? It also shows their account side by side on the app and we now have exactly the same information as it updates both every time.
2018-1-28
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

synced with the cloud?  Delete the cloud data and your flight logs and start again.  Interesting that the database is using the drone's serial number as the key instead of the owner's email.  So it is really a FAA type of aircraft log with the entire history of the aircraft.  You can see how many take off and landing cycles the engines have so you know when to overhaul them  
2018-1-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Suggesting to report this to "DJI bounty program". You might even get paid for discovering such serious security flaw and privacy threatening bug.
2018-1-28
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8378937 ft
  • >>>
Canada

On the log entries you don't want touch and slide to the left.  A red Delete box appears, press it to delete the record.  Afterwards sync the log to the cloud.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please follow the advice in 4#. You can delete the flight records if you don't need them anymore. Please contact us if you still have doubt. Thanks a lot.
2018-2-2
Use props
wkdandyly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29705 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-2 01:35
Sir, please follow the advice in 4#. You can delete the flight records if you don't need them anymore. Please contact us if you still have doubt. Thanks a lot.

I have done this but still have the other guys account on the app which I can't delete and still have way too much experience points against flights I have done.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

wkdandyly Posted at 2018-2-4 00:03
I have done this but still have the other guys account on the app which I can't delete and still have way too much experience points against flights I have done.

I see. Please provide me the accounts so I can locate the problem. You can also PM me. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_zhmeqYGkWO9u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2123 ft
Norway

Did you find any solution?
2018-7-2
Use props
Igguiim
New
Flight distance : 7011 ft

Brazil

I have the same problem. The previous user is appearing in DJI GO.
2018-12-15
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

Sounds like a bad thing to buy a second hand spark. Even harder to sell it as 2nd hand. I hope they find an easier option for reset
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dencio1976 Posted at 12-15 18:08
Sounds like a bad thing to buy a second hand spark. Even harder to sell it as 2nd hand. I hope they find an easier option for reset

Hi, thanks for the inquiry.  I would recommend checking the performance of the aircraft to see if there will be a problem before buying it. It would be better if we could determine if the aircraft was repaired before and check the warranty as well. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-16
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 12-16 14:42
Hi, thanks for the inquiry.  I would recommend checking the performance of the aircraft to see if there will be a problem before buying it. It would be better if we could determine if the aircraft was repaired before and check the warranty as well. Thank you for the support.

I did plan on buying a 2nd hand spark before but opted to buy a bnew one instead. This post has me more convinced I did the right decision. Though yeah, if you know what to check when buying a 2nd hand drone then you're good. But this post has made me think twice about the flight record you'll be sharing around as it isn't username attached but rather ac attached. That could be an issue for me if I bought 1 2nd hand. I wouldn't want somebody else's flight record on mine. Even more so when I decide to sell it and say get the Spark 2 when it comes out.
2018-12-17
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

This seems like a flaw and it should be fixed as it reveals customers information, including locations. I am sure now you have access to the locations the previous owner flew his Spark.
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules