4357 13 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antoine_g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56972 ft
France

Hi everyone,

I've recently switched my smartphone from an iPhone 7 to an One Plus 5T. All works very well, a great phone except for the DJI Spark.
Before my switch, I've never had any problem. The DJI Spark works very well with an iPhone or an iPad.

Yesterday, first fly with my One Plus 5T and the RC controller and after few meters, I've seen this message on the DJI app "Image transmission signal is too weak - Please adjust the antenna". I first thought of a problem with the place, maybe interference. So I decided to start again in another place and same message. A problem with my One Plus 5T… ? (Please see attached files).

Today, new drone session with 4 devices : iPhone 7, iPad Air 2, One Plus 5T and Honor 9. The result is very simple. In the same place, with same configuration of the antenna and RC controller : everything works well with iPhone/iPad but I've had again same message on Android devices after about 80 meters.

For your information :

- I've done an update yesterday of the DJI Spark and batteries.
- I've used the last version of DJI GO 4 on Android and iOS.
- When I use the RC controller, antennas are like the picture attached when the DJI Spark is in front of me.
- I've used auto configuration for the Wi-Fi (5,8 Ghz)

I'me little disapointed because I want to move on Android but in this conditions, it may be difficult… If someone have an idea, it'll be great
Thanks a lot.

Antoine.

Screenshot_20180128-161100.jpg
IMG_20180128_155244.jpg
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_a674wNv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12267 ft
France

The angle of the antenna is not great (if you really hold it this way while piloting). On the photo antennas are pointing at 0° (horizon).
For 42 meter heigh and 90 m distance, trigonometry learn us that the optimal angle is 25°.
Maybe you can gain a little more range by holding the remote control in a better way.
No need to push the antennas to the "limit" as is in the photo. The angle should depend on the position of the drone.
2018-1-28
Use props
antoine_g
lvl.1
France

djiuser_a674wNv Posted at 2018-1-28 09:54
The angle of the antenna is not great (if you really hold it this way while piloting). On the photo antennas are pointing at 0° (horizon).
For 42 meter heigh and 90 m distance, trigonometry learn us that the optimal angle is 25°.
Maybe you can gain a little more range by holding the remote control in a better way.

For sure, it was to take the picture but when I used the RC controller, I've a small angle to aim the DJI Spark.

However, when I was on iOS devices, I've never take care of the right position or not of the antennas and everything works well.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_a674wNv
lvl.2
France

Also the range is better on 2.4 GHz ( the drone should works on 2.4 GHz), that means that your phone should communicate on 5.8 GHz with the remote controller.
With Apple devices this dual-band Wi-Fi works pretty well. With other devices it's more complicated. On your screenshot the drone is working on 5.8 GHz which is not optimal.
You can also turn off Bluetooth and 4G when you are piloting your drone to avoid interference.

Basically lower frequency (2.4 instead 5.8 GHz) means less information (less resolution) but a wider range.
2018-1-28
Use props
antoine_g
lvl.1
France

djiuser_a674wNv Posted at 2018-1-28 09:59
Also the range is better on 2.4 GHz ( the drone should works on 2.4 GHz), that means that your phone should communicate on 5.8 GHz with the remote controller.
With Apple devices this dual-band Wi-Fi works pretty well. With other devices it's more complicated. On your screenshot the drone is working on 5.8 GHz which is not optimal.
You can also turn off Bluetooth and 4G when you are piloting your drone to avoid interference.

For Android devices, I've deactivated all connections like cellular data or bluetooth.

You're right for the 5,8 Ghz but 89 meters is so close no ? I've realized a flight to 269 meters in 5,8 Ghz with iPhone. Hard to understand !
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_a674wNv
lvl.2
France

antoine_g Posted at 2018-1-28 10:02
For Android devices, I've deactivated all connections like cellular data or bluetooth.

You're right for the 5,8 Ghz but 89 meters is so close no ? I've realized a flight to 269 meters in 5,8 Ghz with iPhone. Hard to understand !

Apple had to face several "antenna gate", i think now they are extra-careful with interference and transmission power. Maybe your new device interfere with the remote controller and reduce the range ?
I actually don't know, many on Android use OTG cable to avoid any interference.
2018-1-28
Use props
steve_in_TX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112871 ft
United States

Read a thread in this forum called "DJI Go 4 fixed???". It has many good ideas for Android.
2018-1-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I am using an OP5
With the Go4 version 4.1.15 and an OTG cable (Even if it "is not officially supported")
Which I would suggest you to try.

On Nougat it worked very well, since I updated to oreo I have some problems.
But can't say for sure, what it is about. I am still trying to find out.
But: It works good enough! ;-)
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

antoine_g Posted at 2018-1-28 09:58
For sure, it was to take the picture but when I used the RC controller, I've a small angle to aim the DJI Spark.

However, when I was on iOS devices, I've never take care of the right position or not of the antennas and everything works well.

Sir, did you use OTG cable when you fly your drone? Please ensure that your drone flies in a place without interference. I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green. Please turn off the bluetooth devices around your spark. If you change an environment with the same result, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis.  You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

2018-2-2
Use props
fansd6f0cda1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11804 ft
United States

I was getting the  same error message with my Mavic Air. I turned off the bluetooth in my Samsung Galaxy S7, and that fixed it.
2018-2-8
Use props
Smark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-28 10:31
I am using an OP5
With the Go4 version 4.1.15 and an OTG cable (Even if it "is not officially supported")
Which I would suggest you to try.

Yep. This is the only thing that worked for me with my Android phone.
2018-2-9
Use props
Piton91
lvl.1
Italy

at the moment what is the solution for this problem with my galaxy s6? The connection that I get is only 5.8 and if I manually select a band between 1-13 (those of 2.6 right?) After the phone can not find the wifi of the rc.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Piton91 Posted at 2018-6-20 00:20
at the moment what is the solution for this problem with my galaxy s6? The connection that I get is only 5.8 and if I manually select a band between 1-13 (those of 2.6 right?) After the phone can not find the wifi of the rc.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to verify if we're using a Wi-FI connection? Please provide the DJI GO 4 app version as well. Thank you.
2018-6-20
Use props
gspr
New

United Kingdom

hi i also have a problem with image transmission signal to weak.
i had no problem whatsoever until i have upgraded to android 12 on my galaxy s10+.
app start crashing, so
i have downloaded app from dji website "dji go 4" ver 4.3.46 i have started drone when i flu for about 20meters up i get information "image transmission signal is to weak adjust you anttena"

to check what is happening i have connected drone  to my mrs phone a70 with a app dji go 4 ver 4.3.37  and  android 11 and everything works fine, obviusly app 4.3.37 is crashing on android 12.
i would like to add that i am using phantom 4 pro ver 2.0
i hope dji will sort this out otherwise i might need to downgrade android version to 11   
2022-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules