OTG cable is qorking with latest ios and lastest DJi Go App,
1671 12 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roshi23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271575 ft
Argentina

i just tested the latest version 11.2.5 on my ipad air 1 and the telemetry is working plus i was in aeroplane mode...i took a screen shot of with and without the cable ...at first my cable was not working then i tried a different cable and it worked ..i did the same on my sonyz5 phone and the otg calbe connects but it no telemetry data ...i hope they sort that out soon  so now i have options ....PS, a quck tip ...launch pad or landing take off matt i use a computer mouse matt nice and small and it rolls up ...i tend to land in my hand so its just for take off.
2018-1-28
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

2018-1-28
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

2018-1-28
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

remember you may have a wack cable it works and put it in aeroplane mode you will get a prompt saying this may not work with this accessory just ok it and your in ...if you dont get the prompt its a cable issue otg or iphone ipad cable...i even switch it around to see if one side works better than the other becacuse you can insert the ipad cable any way up does this have an effect maybe one side is more worn
2018-1-28
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

I tested my spark with and without the OTG cable today after the latest updates and yes the Weak Video Transmission error is now gone...  I also decided to do a distance test with and without the cable and found that since the Wi-Fi- freq in both cases is now 5.8g there was no difference in the range, in both configurations they had to be RTH because of battery life, the turnaround mark was a little over 2 miles (I had slipped on the Parabolic Range Extenders to get that range)..  There was NO video degradation on both of those tests and that was also a plus.

The biggest benefit I can see to use the OTG cable is to be have less of a lag in the real time video feed on the screen but even that is hardly noticeable.

I used the IOS screen recoding feature and recorded the flight data vid feed on the Go4 app and once I edit it down to a decent viewable time I will post a link to them for those interested.
To be able to get a controllable range of over 2 miles is pretty impressive with this little bird and it being Wi-Fi...  Again, I used the antenna range extenders to do that.

Here is the link to the OTG test I did today...  

2018-1-28
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

Does the OTG still limit the height to 50m and distance to 100m?
2018-1-28
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
United States

fansfa9c1c91 Posted at 2018-1-28 12:29
Does the OTG still limit the height to 50m and distance to 100m?

Not at all....   I had a range of over 2 miles and cruised at over 300ft agl
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for thr feedback. Please keep us updated, if there is anything wrong.
2018-2-2
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-2 00:39
Thanks for thr feedback. Please keep us updated, if there is anything wrong.

Is OTG now officially fixed for iOS?
2018-2-2
Use props
fans8a13941d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33862 ft
Spain

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-1-28 12:20
I tested my spark with and without the OTG cable today after the latest updates and yes the Weak Video Transmission error is now gone...  I also decided to do a distance test with and without the cable and found that since the Wi-Fi- freq in both cases is now 5.8g there was no difference in the range, in both configurations they had to be RTH because of battery life, the turnaround mark was a little over 2 miles (I had slipped on the Parabolic Range Extenders to get that range)..  There was NO video degradation on both of those tests and that was also a plus.

The biggest benefit I can see to use the OTG cable is to be have less of a lag in the real time video feed on the screen but even that is hardly noticeable.

That's amazing, I wonder the result doing the same test in Europe, that's why could be interesting in using the OTG cable in Europe.
2018-2-2
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
United States

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-2-2 00:46
Is OTG now officially fixed for iOS?

Cant say it was "Officially" fixed...  DJI has in the past has fixed one thing only to find it unhinges something else and vice-versa.  Since I did not see any mention of OTG cable use in the Change log I'd say that a tweak made on something unrelated "accidently" fixed the OTG cable use issue..  Who knows what will happen on the next update.
2018-2-4
Use props
jrfarrar
lvl.1
United States

I wish. 3000 ft at my best with NO cable and NO parabolic range extenders.  I'd love to just get 1 mile out of it in this mode. I'd be very happy.

2018-2-4
Use props
Langner91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

is there a certain cable that works best?  
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules