1262 10 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Hi guys,

I see a lot of people asking about upgrading from the Spark and should they go MPP or MA. I was in the same situation and here's how I decided. My background is flying nitro helis. If you've never flown an old school nitro heli with a piezo gyro on the tail...well, ATTI mode on a DJI drone is waaay easier to fly! Anyway, heli flying was always done within line of sight, so thats how I fly. So for me the Enhanced WiFi of the MA seemed perfectly fine, since I was always fine with it on the Spark. Next, I love taking aerial videos. The Spark videos were great, but getting 4k seemed awesome, so I knew an upgrade was in the future. The MA gimbal seems more protected and robust than the MPP gimbal, and the fact that the MA uses screw-on lens covers/filters is the right way to do it! Putting sensors on the back was also great for safely taking video while flying away from your subject. Its easy to be distracted with keeping your subject in the frame and forget about the trees you may be backing up into! For battery life, I've heard people getting 18-20 minutes on the MA, which is great when coming from the Spark. I ordered the Fly-More combo and I'll get a 4th battery when available, so with this I'm set for an afternoon of flying. The size and portibility is really great, so for me the decision to get the MA wasn't that hard. And getting the MA Fly-More combo vs the MPP Fly-More combo saved me $440 - so now a CrystalSky 5.5" display may be in the future!

If I already had the MPP then I might be a little jealous of the features of the MA, but I realize that only the Mavic Pro 2 can truely replace the Mavic Pro...but that was released when I was looking to buy a new drone.   
2018-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good decision, next will be Mavic Pro 2.
2018-1-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Congratulations, exactly the same rationale has led me to order MA and I am sure I shall be very happy with it.
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the MA looks like a great new addition to the DJI line up but as an MPP owner I can assure you I am not jealous in the slightest LOL
2018-1-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-28 14:08
I think the MA looks like a great new addition to the DJI line up but as an MPP owner I can assure you I am not jealous in the slightest LOL

That's your well merited privilege. Your day will come still this spring I am sure ;-)
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love flying the Platinum - so refreshing after the original Mavic as very fortunate to finally have a Mavic that isn’t full of bugs and one I can not hear 150’ away - had to return 2 defective MP’s to get to that! As far as portable drones go the Platinum is me done for quite a while. I’m waiting for the next incarnation of the Phantom to replace my P4P later this year with a bit of luck!
2018-1-28
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve only had the Mavic Pro for a couple of weeks and I have to say, coming from the Spark, I am happier going with the MP with Occusync than the MA with WIFI. So many disconnects and screen cutouts with the Spark!

Although, I am hoping that the software based features make it to the MP (100mbps etc).  There are some features they can take away to make more memory room.
2018-1-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I can't wait to put a CrystalSky 5.5" display on my list of things to have for the Mavic Air.  I've been doing okay using my iPhone with the Spark, but having a ultra-bright screen outdoors would be nice.

My eyes aren't as good as they were when I was 18yrs old.  

2018-1-28
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I spent 4 months reseaching drones n i bought a cheap one from wal mart to test if id like one . the cheap one from wally world flew backwords from the min it took off n i never landed it , always crashed, but I liked it . so i know i was going to buy a better one . I was going to get the BeBop n the morning before i changed my mind to Mavic pro my wife was already going shopping so i told her what i wanted . she return knowing she was about to make me happy ... she pulled out a mavic air fly more package  , Oh No... But it turned out to be great! I love it , Love it so much i almost ran out to buy the mavic2 , but im holding out until DJI comes out with a 20+mega pixel camera that does X 4 zoom !
2019-1-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I spent 4 months reseaching drones n i bought a cheap one from wal mart to test if id like one . the cheap one from wally world flew backwords from the min it took off n i never landed it , always crashed, but I liked it . so i know i was going to buy a better one . I was going to get the BeBop n the morning before i changed my mind to Mavic pro my wife was already going shopping so i told her what i wanted . she return knowing she was about to make me happy ... she pulled out a mavic air fly more package  , Oh No... But it turned out to be great! I love it , Love it so much i almost ran out to buy the mavic2 , but im holding out until DJI comes out with a 20+mega pixel camera that does X 4 zoom !
2019-1-18
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the exact same thing, and even though my MA has some small issues it is possibly one of the best  compact aircraft on the market. IMO only parrots anafi is comparable given the size range we are talking about.
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules