1498 34 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

This is my 4-th time I do not switch camera on for whole life of my Mavic, what scares me is that it's second for last 2 days
So, long story short - strong wind brief flight over beautiful lake huge fight with the wind to get it back home And then realize camera is OFF
rise the "bird" just to tape a glimpse of what was missed but have no time, guts and battery to do it again

2018-1-28
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I sympathise with you! But I was only over a dirty field, practising flying. Nowhere as beautiful as Iskara.
2018-1-28
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

It won't be last time either !!!!!!!! :-) :-)
2018-1-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Fred F Posted at 2018-1-28 12:56
It won't be last time either !!!!!!!! :-) :-)

I am pretty sure You are right
I really need some autostart of filming in my had (I also forgot to turn back exposure compensation I tuned way up Yesterday, luckily it's not excessive and easily correctable in post, but steel forgetting important thing is not good - old chap ;)
2018-1-28
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Alex: One thing that I do to always remember to format my SD card on startup is to put a Post-It Note™ (sticky note) on my device screen ("Format Card"). You doing the same for "Start Video" might also be helpful.

Now I am in the habit (more or less...), but I still keep the note around...
2018-1-28
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

Happens to me all the time - I end of being super satisfied with a flight path, camera panning smooth and smooth drone controller, only to realize I wasn't recording!  
2018-1-28
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-1-28 13:22
Alex: One thing that I do to always remember to format my SD card on startup is to put a Post-It Note™ (sticky note) on my device screen ("Format Card"). You doing the same for "Start Video" might also be helpful.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest!!!
2018-1-28
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

Alex: One thing that I do to always remember to format my SD card on startup is to put a Post-It Note™ (sticky note) on my device screen ("Format Card"). You doing the same for "Start Video" might also be helpful.

I had stickers all over my remote and tablet......and I still forgot at times! Trying to get muscle memory so I do it automatically at startup.
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think everyone does this from time to time - so easy to get too focused on the image on the screen and flight that you forget to tap that red button staring right at you!
2018-1-28
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Make a checklist to follow before each flight.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_KArvnu0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34472 ft
United States

nice video
2018-1-28
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Great video, but as someone said, do a check list
2018-1-28
Use props
Matthew Chirico
First Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

nice views none the less
2018-1-28
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I used some velcro to attach a red ribbon to my gimbal guard.  Now, I never forget to remove it.  You might do the same on your remote - attach a ribbon using some velcro to your remote near the record button.   Do not pull it off until you press the record button.   Hope that helps.  
2018-1-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2018-1-28 13:04
I am pretty sure You are right   
I really need some autostart of filming in my had (I also forgot to turn back exposure compensation I tuned way up Yesterday, luckily it's not excessive and easily correctable in post, but steel forgetting important thing is not good - old chap ;)

Many of us have asked (begged) for a setting in the app that would automatically start recording when the motors started.  DJI doesn't seem to care about doing that.
2018-1-28
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-1-28 18:17
I used some velcro to attach a red ribbon to my gimbal guard.  Now, I never forget to remove it.  You might do the same on your remote - attach a ribbon using some velcro to your remote near the record button.   Do not pull it off until you press the record button.   Hope that helps.

Great idea re: the gimbal clamp! Removing the clamp before flight is the one thing I'm most likely to forget.
2018-1-28
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-28 19:55
Many of us have asked (begged) for a setting in the app that would automatically start recording when the motors started.  DJI doesn't seem to care about doing that.

Well, to get the best quality you need to set and lock the exposure, so having the camera start recording before you've done that would not be a big help, IMHO.
2018-1-28
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Litchi has that function.
2018-1-28
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

It might be a better solution with a popup on the screen asking if you want to start recording.
2018-1-29
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-29 03:59
It might be a better solution with a popup on the screen asking if you want to start recording.

Or asking if you dont!!!! So you set a task in the menu, 'Auto REC on motor start.'
Then, a message flashes up saying...
"you are in video mode, confirm record.."
YES/NO
2018-1-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today I forgot twice but this time rerun flights - obviously I am afraid of strong winds
2018-1-29
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-28 15:33
Make a checklist to follow before each flight.

I did but now I forget to check my flight list
2018-1-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

phillbarnes Posted at 2018-1-29 07:57
I did but now I forget to check my flight list

There Organized people like You and there like me I am improvising All my life when was paragliding, I was the only one flying with short trousers and sleaves - unprepared
Fate
2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh my. Do I have that memory also....
2018-1-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-29 03:59
It might be a better solution with a popup on the screen asking if you want to start recording.

Excellent idea.
2018-1-29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Unfortunately, DJI is the only company which makes me Stop "upgrades" I do not do neither FW nor DJI GO updates as since 8 months I saw only implying restrictions and problems so I definitely do not count on future software goodies
2018-3-1
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Another Great One
2018-3-1
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 2018-1-29 09:12
There Organized people like You and there like me  I am improvising All my life  when was paragliding, I was the only one flying with short trousers and sleaves - unprepared  
Fate

I’ve done that before, and it’s pretty cold at cloud base
2018-3-2
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 2018-1-29 09:12
There Organized people like You and there like me  I am improvising All my life  when was paragliding, I was the only one flying with short trousers and sleaves - unprepared  
Fate

I’ve done that before and it’s pretty cold at cloud base
2018-3-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Wyke Posted at 2018-3-2 01:44
I’ve done that before, and it’s pretty cold at cloud base

Cold and there are sunburns either
2018-4-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I am delighted I am not the only person dumb enough to forget to hit record sometimes, or tap to focus sometimes too lol
2018-4-16
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Focusing on framing a great image,route and scanning for drone hazards can make you forgetful. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
2018-4-16
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

from 13 seconds to 16 seconds you have done a fast pan - yet the picture reains good looking. Thats nice. nice clip too.
2018-4-16
Use props
Pinkerfloyd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153248 ft
United Kingdom

Time and time again I have not started recording! I am repeatedly not learning from this mistake since it happens a lot. I think some of the best cinematic footage I have done is while not recording. Such a disappointment to get back and find no footage - usually after extraordinary lengths eg a long hike to get to the location & invariably a very early start to get to the location and then flying in difficult/tricky conditions.

Why oh why can we not have a default setting to start recording upon take-off and in-app option? I will try the stickers and ribbons but is not 100% like an auto-record would be!

Love the Video.
2022-3-21
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

Beautiful images you've captured anyhow. Thank you for sharing.
2022-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules