Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
my Phantom 2 decided to commit suicide.
1566 15 2015-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zubeko
lvl.1

United Kingdom

this is what just happend to me:

5 minutes flying with no issues and when i tried to climp up to 100 metres sudden loss of power and crash.

fell from 80 metres.

shell, motors, props, gimbal, immersonrc, gopro display damaged...
2015-4-26
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like total failure of the battery, the quad just turned off, sorry to hear it by the way, I just read about a friend in USA who had a similar thing happen to him, he was up hovering when the quad, a P2V, just powered off and hit the deck, can you check your batteries with the assistant at all and see if they show any issues.
2015-4-26
Use props
Yug
Second Officer

Australia

Hello Zubeko

Firstly sorry to hear this.

Were you able to check the % of the battery (both life and level)?
How many flights has your Phantom done and also the battery?

I won't bombard you with questions at this stage because it does look like battery failure of some sort.

Yug
2015-4-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Wow!...sorry to see that, it appeared to just cut right out!
Possible battery failure/poor battery contact or inadvertent CSC command initiated?
How much battery was left and how much charge when you took off?
I noticed or they seemed to be carbon fibre props?
Were you flying a GS mission?
Anything else you can tell us?
2015-4-26
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Sorry to hear this.  That neighborhood looks familiar.
2015-4-26
Use props
zubeko
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yug
Battery seems to be fine, just the plastic is damaged in one place after the crash. When i get to the phanton the battery was still switched on - lights on the battery were on.
67% of the battery left, 91% of health. I've done 22 flight on this battery and about 40 flights in total on this phantom.
Phanton is only 2 months old and battery is genuine.

I do always check if the battery sits tight and clips right into place, so i'm sure it was fitted correctly.

Northofthe49th
No, they are not carbon fibre props, just dyed them black.
What do you mean by GS mission? ground station?

Do you think guys that DJI should repair my drone under warranty with this movie?

2015-4-26
Use props
Yug
Second Officer

Australia

zubeko@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-27 04:31
Yug
Battery seems to be fine, just the plastic is damaged in one place after the crash. When i get  ...

You should certainly try. You will need to contact them.

support@dji.com

I feel because you were climbing you could not have performed a CSC. Is this so?

Yug
2015-4-26
Use props
Raybro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I hate to see that. I feel for you. I would think it would be a warranty repair.
2015-4-26
Use props
Larry L
lvl.4

United States

sorry to see your misfortune. It seems like you just totally lost power.  It was still climbing when it just shut off. I hope with the video you can get it repaired under warranty.
2015-4-26
Use props
dCon0ne
lvl.1

United States

Check the RETURN Policy of the store that you bought it from...
2015-4-26
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.4

United States

Yeah it looks like complete power loss.
2015-4-26
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-26
Use props
zubeko
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yug
What is CSC?

Axeman
The white thing in the sky is the moon, not phantom pieces. I thought the same in the first place.

I bought this Phantom directly from DJI webstie in UK. I will speak to them and we'll see what they say.
2015-4-26
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-26
Use props
kb4vwa
lvl.1

United States

I had the same catastrophic failure this morning with my P-2.   She was hovering at 60' ready to fly autonomous mission when I got an error, then failure of power.  She dropped like a rock.  Broke the gimbal completely.  The aircraft seem to still fly manually.     I was getting an error the past few days after a new charged battery was installed and taking off, the error would say, not enough power to safely return home.   I knew that was incorrect, for it has a new charge.  It did this with both batteries.  I somehow suspect there was a battery intermittent power loss which contributed to this crash and maybe the error was an indicator.  Question, is this something DJI will honor in their warranty?  Has anyone had success with DJI in resolving this type of fatal issue?   Thanks
2015-6-17
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

You did not have a full  battery failure as go pro was still recording and had video. That is unless it had a separate power source. You did have engine power failure as props stopped spinning. You would have to do more diagnostics to determine what failed. If and ESC failed she could shut down. Main Board failure could shut down. Naza failure could shut down. Do a little investigating but send DJI the video and see if they will cover it.
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules