Poll: Battery holder - Are u worried about the battery falling out?
5922 73 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I always wait for the click and then I pull gently on the battery. I'm afraid that over time the small clips will be broken...
2018-5-15
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

we tested two of the 3d printed battery clips available online with a battery where the latches were damaged and did not lock the battery in place , both the 3d clips held the battery so well we were unable to get the battery to fall out or the spark to power off.

I always fly with the 3d printed clip , at best its secondary protect from battery falls and i like to think a protection for my investment.........

we tested the setup at a vibration test facility MIL-810
2018-5-15
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

By the time my spark breaks, I'll have another drone.  I figure one year's time w the spark is all I need.
2018-5-29
Use props
Kaiku
lvl.2

Mine are always secure
2018-5-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nah I will check the battery before flying
2018-6-18
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

I've had any issues so I don't need this.
2018-6-18
Use props
TsukoYomi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23422 ft
Philippines

battery holder always on every flight... better safe than sorry...
2018-6-18
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Third option!
I triple check to see if its fit tightly.

2018-6-19
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

I am worried so I did buy those Battery Holders.
2018-7-1
Use props
mhw#209
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96319 ft
United States

Battery holder on every flight!  Better safe than sorry!
2018-7-1
Use props
PRock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15344 ft
Germany

I always checked the battery is tight in the slot, but had an issue last year. Spark's battery ejects and fell from about 6 feet to concrete floor. I realized that one of the latches is missing. I don't know whether it was already before the accident. Since then I always fly only with this battery holder
2018-7-1
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

I've just bought a holder. Too many stories of batteries detaching. I'd rather not have to worry about it!
2018-7-2
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

DJI needs to make this accessory , give them a chance to right there wrong
2018-7-30
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Happily using a battery clip holder, peace of mind.
2018-8-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

are people still experiencing the battery fall out issues?  Are people double checking to make sure the battery is clicked in?  I've been lucky enough not to have this happen, i always check that its secured in place
2018-8-3
Use props
Mark S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

When I saw the first reports I started snapping the battery in carefully tugging a bit to make sure it is tight.  It is a bit awkward to provide sufficient pressure on the front of the battery since this is where the power button is located on the battery.
2018-8-20
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I have 3 Batteries for my Spark and never had an issue with a battery falling out.   Having said that I tend to double check that each time I connect the battery I have pushed it in and get the click that it has locked in.   I have read elsewhere you can also use a simple rubber band over the drone and Battery to hold it in place.   I guess you have to make sure you don't cover the exhaust vents on the side.
2018-8-20
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

I have one on order as I am reluctant to fly in 'sport' mode without one.
2018-8-21
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265016 ft
Netherlands

normally 3. But when flying over water i use the battery-holder, just in case...
2018-8-27
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

My Spark was dropped by the battery that has a new and larger clamp. Not reliable either! 98m did not fall, but he did not get injured because he fell in the grassy area and had the propeller defenders, which I printed 3D myself.
2018-8-28
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Grmachine Posted at 2018-1-28 17:30
Not worried, both batteries click in tight and cannot be pulled out, I am a substantialy strong guy, and they are not coming out. Make sure you have the longer locking tabs, if you don't, you might want to buy the battery holders.

Big mistake!! I also thought if I heard the click, then the battery would not fall. I was wrong! He dropped off and Spark was falling down from 98m high. Fortunately, he did get caught in grass, he fell on soft soil. This construction is defective and weak, and with wear it becomes wear and tear, so it is only a matter of time and falls. I'm using a fixer now (I've printed one in 3D).
2018-8-28
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

After the crash. Only one prop guard survive, but save it the my loved Spark.
IMG_20180825_195200.jpg
2018-8-28
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

I got a battery holder for a couple dollars on Amazon and strap it to the Spark every time I fly.  Better safe than sorry I say, better to spend a couple bucks on a battery holder than replacing the Spark.
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_oMJOvFW3Yqj4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8002 ft
United States

First post to the sight.  I have 14 flights on my Spark with no issues. Took the drone out to the country today to fly while daughter was at a 4 hour softball practice. I launched the drone in beginner mode and went out about 100 feet and 25 up. As I was turning the drone the battery fell off. I saw it come down to the ground and spent an hour searching the field, but I was unable to locate the drone, grass was about 4 feet tall. Used the app and last known locations but for the life of me I was not able to locate it. I am not a frequent flyer and I would say much a beginner and I am extremely cautious when flying the Spark . I have never had any issues until today and viewing the forum this seems to be an issue I was unaware of. I bought the Spark in November 2017 with the DJI Care, not sure what to do at this point. Pretty frustrstung to spend $700 only to have it lost from an issue with DJI Spark batteries. Extremely disappointed in DJI, I see now there is an aftermarket accessory to hold the battery in place, but if this was an issue perhaps DJI should have included this is their Fly More Combo.  Sorry about the rant, but big failure for DJI!
2018-9-20
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

I recently bought my spark which means all three of my batteries are new ones.
2018-9-20
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

i have 2 of the old and one of the new , i ordered the battery holder but has not arrived yet .it's better to be safe than sorry .
2018-9-20
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

I wanna hear a good click when putting in place and i make a visual and slight mechanical check that the battery is placed securely. And i avoid all pressure when taking out just to prevent excessive wear on the notches. I really wanna avoid extra clips more than only propguards once in a while since extra weight has effect on the flight time.
2018-9-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Grmachine Posted at 2018-1-28 17:30
Not worried, both batteries click in tight and cannot be pulled out, I am a substantialy strong guy, and they are not coming out. Make sure you have the longer locking tabs, if you don't, you might want to buy the battery holders.

Since I have 2 older batts, and since they gettin "pregnant", a bit, every now and then:
it is not about pulling, it is about "popping".
In case the batterie "belly" grows, it is just a question of time, till the locks are "to short".
With the old one, the shorts, it is proven, methinks.
Will it never happen with the actual sized locks? We'll see later
2019-1-30
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I hold the two quick release back so I don’t hear the click because hearing the click is wearing on the two prongs. Then I pull the battery firmly to see if it’s in place. After reading about batteries falling out, I think I’ll be getting some kind of strap.
2019-1-30
Use props
Atomicodex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

Please see my post on the solution to this problem for less than a dollar.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-179862-1-1.html

20190131_110529.jpg
2019-1-31
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Battery seems to stick in its spot very tightly, no issues so far but I and my spark are still very new.
2019-2-15
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as it "clicks" im all good.
2019-2-15
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

for the price of a battery holder and the amount of time it takes to put it on , it's a no brainier , use it we know there is a problem why be the next one making a post , battery fell out in mid flight .  
2019-2-17
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I just got a battery holder last week. I’ve been using it and it does feel like a big relief. One less thing I have to worrie about.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules