Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X7 SSD 480G Card
952 2 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyer13
New
United States

Okay...

So we decided to pul the trigger and go with the new X7 camera and at the same time go with the SSD card so we could shoot with the best quality possible. Didn't have much time to test before a very important shoot today with a big client.

On set, we swtiched the format from the SD card to the SSD card and programmed our simples settings. We shot CDNG at 60 frames, but didn't see any other real inputs as to 4k versus 5.7/ 6, etc. Once in flight, I was able to hit record and we shot quite a few scenes with waht looked liek a time code and all of the usual signs that we were doing what we normally do when we shoot. I am now back here at my desktop with the card and there is absolutely nothing on the card... We did format it, we did everything we normally do.

Besides feeling like I am deep trouble with the client, I'm also feeling like a total screw up for having tested this before we went out. From all indications, it was recording.

What did we miss? How do we record on to the SSD card? I have looked at the forums and don't see anything on the subject.

Any suggestions, advice or help are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2018-1-28
Use props
dopey-tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hmm very odd. As soon as you hit record it records to available media both SSD & SD card. Did it record onto just the SD card?
2018-1-29
Use props
Steve H i2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

I have tried and tried with the SSD but never been able to  open any filmed video footage, on the computer, only the SD cards shows the film recorded. I have not been able to find any answers so stopped trying with SSD480. When I downloaded to then open it does not show videos just shows unopened files that will not play ???
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules