Battery charging problem
5847 5 2014-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sharklab
New

Turks and Caicos Islands

I just got a Phantom FC40, but I'm having a problem charging the battery. The charger seems to be okay; the Charge Status flashes green prior to connecting the battery. However, when the battery is connected, the Charge Status flashes red, and so does the 1S LED. The flashing alternates; i.e. red flash from the Charge Status, red flash from 1S, red flash from the Charge Status, red flash from 1S and so on. They just keep flashing in sequence. I thought it might be doing this beacuse it's the battery's first charge, so I left it overnight. However, next morning it was still doing the same thing. I managed to get about 15 seconds of flight from my Phantom before I got low voltage warning and had to land it. So, the battery definitely doesn't have any juice in it. I have the charger set to LiPo and 2A, and everything is connected as it should be, so I don't know what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2014-9-18
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Do you have another lipo that you can try on the charger?
It will charge almost any similar lipo that has the correct connector...
Also, do you have another charger that you can put the first, problematic lipo on to see if it will charge?
That charger could be one of the P1 stock chargers or a more advanced balance (computer chip) charger...
2014-9-18
Use props
Sharklab
New

Turks and Caicos Islands

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-19 03:42
Do you have another lipo that you can try on the charger?
It will charge almost any similar lipo tha ...

Unfortunately, I don't have either. I'm living in a very rural place, so I can't go out and pick these things up. It will take me a couple of weeks to get anything ordered online, so I'm hoping there's some simple explanation.
2014-9-18
Use props
lrneidig
lvl.1

United States

Sharklab Posted at 2014-9-19 04:21
Unfortunately, I don't have either. I'm living in a very rural place, so I can't go out and pick t ...

I to have similar action on the battery and charger.  I do not have a solution for you but wanted to post so that I can get updates to this thread.  

I have new batteries on the way in an attempt to resolve.  Personally I think that the battery has a problem with one of the cells.  

Les
2014-9-21
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is your problem the same as the one in this video?  
2014-10-1
Use props
nschmidt
New

India

I believe I am having the exact same problem.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=914
2014-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules