Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 2 coming in March
1234Next >
90597 148 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garia666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 265079 ft
Netherlands

i have mine mavic air pre-ordered which i will get on 12 march.   So if t his news will be true i will definitely  be annoyed.
I would expect it launched just before Christmas.  then i would be just ok with it...   time will tell..   if it does get launched at march i have a 30 day return policy on my air.
Ill probably make use of that
2018-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

United States

Not sure if it will be Mavic Pro 2, but it does make sense to launch new product for the spring, as this is pretty much when flying season starts in US, EU and Asia.
2018-2-6
Use props
David J.
Captain
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-6 07:18
Not sure if it will be Mavic Pro 2, but it does make sense to launch new product for the spring, as this is pretty much when flying season starts in US, EU and Asia.

See here: https://mobile.twitter.com/ositalv. Looks like it might be the Pro 2...
2018-2-6
Use props
slimharry
Second Officer

Canada

David J. Posted at 2018-2-6 08:05
See here: https://mobile.twitter.com/ositalv. Looks like it might be the Pro 2...

who is that guy and how does he have so much precised information?
2018-2-6
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-6 11:13
who is that guy and how does he have so much precised information?

Not sure, but his past predictions have been accurate. Also, it would be logical to see the Pro 2 be released.
2018-2-6
Use props
slimharry
Second Officer

Canada

David J. Posted at 2018-2-6 12:22
Not sure, but his past predictions have been accurate. Also, it would be logical to see the Pro 2 be released.

My guess is the Mavic Pro will go on sale March 1st at 899 and the fly more at 1149 to start liquidating ..

I'm hoping for that strategy hehe
2018-2-6
Use props
David J.
Captain
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-6 12:32
My guess is the Mavic Pro will go on sale March 1st at 899 and the fly more at 1149 to start liquidating ..

Yes. That will be a strong hint. Personally, I want a drone with the 1” sensor, so I’ll probably wait for the Mavic Pro 2. But, as a 15 year old, I won’t have the money.
2018-2-6
Use props
mmedia
New
Flight distance : 112073 ft
Spain

I wish and I hope a new sensor of 1 inch for the new DJI Mavic Pro 2
2018-2-7
Use props
BarrabasOnAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Germany

Mr Sparkle Posted at 2018-1-29 01:35
One of the leaks came from someone in China:
https://twitter.com/ositalv

I am sorry, but his leak was wrong in almost every aspect:

https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/953290802117013505
https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/954996039991226370

You must be kidding me to call him trustworthy.
2018-2-7
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

^^ i agree and he is saying price will be 1299USD+ that will kill its sales becouse most that are thinking of buying it as first drone will choose Air i will not pay such insane price if Air is 500USD+ cheaper even now Pro costs 300€ more than Air in my country
2018-2-7
Use props
djiuser_xy6tc2h3Xuh8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197123 ft
United States

[tr][/tr]
[tr][/tr]
I agree completely

2018-2-8
Use props
thevolvoguy35
lvl.1
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-1-29 06:07
I guess the next DJI drone can fly!
Like through the air.
Wowser

Wow that's so funny! lol, great pun.
2018-2-8
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep seeing a release date of March 22nd and a starting price of $1299USD.
2018-2-8
Use props
Mountain flyer
New
Flight distance : 8724 ft
United States

Too many people are holding off on buying the AIR waiting for the 2.  When it should the other way around.    Sell your Pro if you have one, buy an AIR, and then upgrade your current Pro to a Pro 2 when it comes out.     I think  each fulfill pretty different market segments that having them both will be complimentary.  Comparing the Pro 2 to the Air will not be necessary anymore. As you say, 2 separate drones for different purposes will probably be the way to go.  
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_kca9X8IYoTKM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180892 ft
United States

Garia666 Posted at 2018-2-6 05:44
i have mine mavic air pre-ordered which i will get on 12 march.   So if t his news will be true i will definitely  be annoyed.
I would expect it launched just before Christmas.  then i would be just ok with it...   time will tell..   if it does get launched at march i have a 30 day return policy on my air.
Ill probably make use of that

Watch that 30 day return window. If you purchase from DJI directly  it's 7 days and some of the other sellers charge restocking fees.
2018-2-8
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-1-28 23:12
I´m still exited with my spark mostly because of the size and weight.
But for sure they will also release an upgrade of the spark in summer. :-)

The upgrade of the Spark was the Air...
2018-2-8
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

The Pro will have 30min battery. 5km range. And a better camera. It will also be slicker than the OG Pro. It will be an upgrade over the P4P  and the Mavic Platinum. It will have more Pro features than the Air. And it will be aimed to those who want a good camera and not these toy features like the Air has.
2018-2-8
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
United States

Mr Sparkle Posted at 2018-2-5 21:46
The Air and the Pro are in the same price range, but Spark is half the price. I think the Air and Pro are competing with one another, Spark is in a different price category. Currently, the Mavic Pro is not so pro right now - the Air seems to have better video output. DJI will have to put that 1-inch P4P's camera sensor in a New Mavic Pro to make it a real Pro. Of course, after they did that, the P4P has less selling point so they will have to introduce the Phantom 5 then... and it goes on and on.

That's how it will turn out!
2018-2-8
Use props
Stealth-Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30463 ft
Australia

every day i recheck this for any more info on the mavic pro 2!! so god dam excited it's all i think about.
i really hope it come out in march.  the cost wouldn't bother me as it's supporting an epic company!!
2018-2-8
Use props
Garia666
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_kca9X8IYoTKM Posted at 2018-2-8 14:58
Watch that 30 day return window. If you purchase from DJI directly  it's 7 days and some of the other sellers charge restocking fees.

thanks but i am pretty sure

Gratis bezorgd op de releasedag: 12-03-2018  = free delivery on release day
Gratis binnen 30 dagen te retourneren  = Free 30 day return.

So what ever DJI there policy is i wil h ave that 30 day return policy.
They have the best customer service from the Netherlands so i am pretty confident i can return it and pre-order pro 2
2018-2-8
Use props
David44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30463 ft
Australia

Garia666 Posted at 2018-2-8 23:23
thanks but i am pretty sure  

there will be a restocking fee, otherwise people would punish this system
2018-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-8 15:47
The Pro will have 30min battery. 5km range. And a better camera. It will also be slicker than the OG Pro. It will be an upgrade over the P4P  and the Mavic Platinum. It will have more Pro features than the Air. And it will be aimed to those who want a good camera and not these toy features like the Air has.

If true, it might even replace the phantom p4p in some ways.
2018-2-9
Use props
Garia666
lvl.4
Netherlands

David44 Posted at 2018-2-9 04:00
there will be a restocking fee, otherwise people would punish this system

There is no fee.
There are no questions asked and money will be returned with in 3 days after receiving  the package.
They go out of the good of the people.   They also have a 9.3 / 10 on customer service.

2018-2-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Let's see what the future holds for DJI.  They've done a pretty good job at staying ahead of the competition and by far have the best selection of drones on the market (consummer to commercial to industriel).  my 2cents on this lovely Friday morning
2018-2-9
Use props
JD Simpson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2201050 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-1-29 06:26
Water resistant with some sort of safety buoyancy would be a really nice feature. I plan on doing a lot of flying at the lake, the tiny comfort of knowing a water crash is not fatal, would really be nice.

I agree totally.  Water resistant and buoyant would be great!
2018-2-9
Use props
LittleHorn
lvl.1
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-6 12:32
My guess is the Mavic Pro will go on sale March 1st at 899 and the fly more at 1149 to start liquidating ..

I purchased a Spark for my small business and its works just great for what I do with it..
Not interested in a Mavic Air as I knew DJI at some point would be releasing a new Mavic Pro.
I don't understand why they released the Air first and not the Mavic II but either way I will upgrade when the Mavic II comes out for sure.

I agree 100% with your comment.
2018-2-9
Use props
slimharry
Second Officer

Canada

LittleHorn Posted at 2018-2-9 07:46
I purchased a Spark for my small business and its works just great for what I do with it..
Not interested in a Mavic Air as I knew DJI at some point would be releasing a new Mavic Pro.
I don't understand why they released the Air first and not the Mavic II but either way I will upgrade when the Mavic II comes out for sure.

3 more weeks and we'll know for the price tag...I need it for end of April, so time is ticking
2018-2-9
Use props
LittleHorn
lvl.1
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-9 07:55
3 more weeks and we'll know for the price tag...I need it for end of April, so time is ticking

For sure ;) I bet the Mavic II will be a Beast!!! and will have the upgrades the air has plus more!! Cant wait.
2018-2-9
Use props
Mr Sparkle
Second Officer
Australia

LittleHorn Posted at 2018-2-9 07:46

By launching the Air first, it looks like an upgrade with better video quality than the Pro. If they sold the Air after launching Pro II, there's no advantages anymore - there will be a lot less sales. I think DJI planned these product launches very thoroughly.
2018-2-9
Use props
dji TO88
Captain
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I was thinking of getting the Air but will also wait to see what is released next it's still too cold here to fly anyways so minus wait a bit to see what happens.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans1fe756b3
lvl.1

United States

Mavic pro has already dropped to $779.00 on Amazon from DJI
2018-2-10
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-29 01:40
Why 10km range?  Where can you use even 4km range legally?  Antarctic?  I would say that is like building a 230mph car for our roads.  A specification that is all about bragging rights and never used.  But with drones, people routinely fly the current Mavic Pro well beyond legal distances.  The Pro 2 needs a nice short range wifi link to get photographers walking nearer to their subjects and keep the governments from banning them.

Now making the Mavic Pro 2 water proof and buoyant would solve a lot of DJI fraudulent warranty claim headaches.  I say it will float

Crippling the range would be a great way to sabotage sales.  Exactly why I held off on the Air. If you choose not to fly far then don't but please don't make that decision for  everyone.
2018-2-11
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

fansde510068 Posted at 2018-1-28 23:10
It will be interesting to see what comes of it! 40 minutes sounds crazy time but I think at this point it’s possible! I just have a Spark and am saving up for a Mavic, just playing the waiting game. Don’t want to buy one now and have a new one come out soon but I don’t want to wait for ever! I’ll be watching this news close.

the technology to keep the drone in the air for more than 7 hours exist without any complicated design.  It is just a marketing gimmick by manufacturers to lure the customers every year for buying a new drone !!
2018-2-11
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 271575 ft
Argentina

The Mavic pro 2 all it needs to do is shoot in 4k raw video 1.4aperture with a sensor the size of the phathoms
2018-2-11
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-11 08:35
Crippling the range would be a great way to sabotage sales.  Exactly why I held off on the Air. If you choose not to fly far then don't but please don't make that decision for  everyone.

Talk to the FAA about how far you decide to fly.  They control it for United States hobbyists and those that pretend to be hobbyists.  Not DJI.

I think DJI is just saving costs, and passing them on to consumers, by not implementing technology that is really not needed on drones flown legally (in eyesight).  Thereby, increasing sales.  That is why the Mavic Air is more capable than the Mavic Pro and also cheaper.  A bargain.
2018-2-11
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-11 13:02
Talk to the FAA about how far you decide to fly.  They control it for United States hobbyists and those that pretend to be hobbyists.  Not DJI.

I think DJI is just saving costs, and passing them on to consumers, by not implementing technology that is really not needed on drones flown legally (in eyesight).  Thereby, increasing sales.  That is why the Mavic Air is more capable than the Mavic Pro and also cheaper.  A bargain.

If the FAA was dictating range the controller would be 100 milliwatts.  The Air is 15 months newer than the Pro.  That's a long time technologically.  

Mark my words: In a few months when the Pro II is released you'll be reading a whole lot of regretful "Wish I would have waited!" posts.
2018-2-11
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-11 14:36
If the FAA was dictating range the controller would be 100 milliwatts.  The Air is 15 months newer than the Pro.  That's a long time technologically.  

Mark my words: In a few months when the Pro II is released you'll be reading a whole lot of regretful "Wish I would have waited!" posts.

You will likely be right if the Mavic Pro 2 base version comes in at $800-ish retail.  It will be a Spark replacement if the Pro 2 is $400-ish and can hand launch and recover.  With snow all around me, I don't have a nice runway for the big drones.
2018-2-11
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-11 16:00
You will likely be right if the Mavic Pro 2 base version comes in at $800-ish retail.  It will be a Spark replacement if the Pro 2 is $400-ish and can hand launch and recover.  With snow all around me, I don't have a nice runway for the big drones.

The Air base is $800.  The Pro II will be more.  Not sure about the space comment.  How much space do you need to launch a small quad?  
2018-2-11
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

I have plenty of open snow drifts I can launch other people's drones out of.  Not mine.  Or on warmer months, plenty of grass.  Acres even if the grass can be long or piled with horse manure (squishy landing).  My spark doesn't touch the ground.  I have a table on my deck that I thought of using but it is mostly metal.  

I have seen Casey N's videos of launching P4P's from tops of rocks.  But I have also seen him roll the P4P off the rock and into the water.

I think the bigger drones are meant to be launched from city sidewalks, roads, and parking lots. Maybe that is why they need the range.  I am always where I want to fly by hand launching, while others have to stand in their driveway's clear space, and fly to the distant scenic area.
2018-2-11
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3711 ft
United States

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-1-30 10:21
Hopefully  no wifi but ocusync, the chance of interference is too high in Holland. And a lot of compasses, I hate the atti mode!

I know! Radio is waaaaaaaay better than wifi
2018-2-11
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules