Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic maintenance?
1914 12 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Hey guys,

I have about 25 flights with the Mavic and always take off from hard surfaces like asphalt (never from grass or dirt).

Is it recommended that I spray my motors regularly to ensure that they're clean and dust-free even though my motors haven't been in contact with dirt? Do I have to remove some parts in order to spray the motors?
Also, what other maintenance do you recommend? I have heard that spraying the battery connectors with an air duster is good, but how do you do that exactly?  You just spray the air on the connectors?

2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi mate, please don't spray the motors or the whole drone and clean it with water, it is not a waterproof drone. You can use your fingers to move the motors and check if they go smoothly, if it seems stuck when rotating it, you might need to send it in and we can help to take care of it.
For the maintenance, we have battery maintenance and RC battery maintenance for your reference, you can refer to the tutorials below.

2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use a landing pad to launch/land from grass etc. Never wash the motors due to the ESC's
2018-1-29
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-29 01:30
I use a landing pad to launch/land from grass etc. Never wash the motors due to the ESC's

Same for me, will also add sandy, gravelly and snowy areas. For me i thought it had more to do with the fan sucking dirt inside the bird then and issue with the motors.
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-29 01:46
Same for me, will also add sandy, gravelly and snowy areas.

Indeed, in fact it is always the first thing I take out of my bag.
2018-1-29
Use props
eddieNoob
Second Officer
Puerto Rico

Oh, and change the oil every 3,000km or three months, whichever comes first.....
2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I'd try clean the motors with compressed air first if you notice any problems when you turn the props by hand.
2018-1-29
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-29 01:22
Hi mate, please don't spray the motors or the whole drone and clean it with water, it is not a waterproof drone. You can use your fingers to move the motors and check if they go smoothly, if it seems stuck when rotating it, you might need to send it in and we can help to take care of it.
For the maintenance, we have battery maintenance and RC battery maintenance for your reference, you can refer to the tutorials below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siE2j6Ruj2k

LOL sorry for the confusion. I meant spraying as in spraying compressed air.

Thanks for the videos!
2018-1-29
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Canada

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-1-29 05:19
Oh, and change the oil every 3,000km or three months, whichever comes first.....

That's a joke right
2018-1-29
Use props
Surface2Air
First Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Confirmed, op is telling a joke.
2018-1-29
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Canada

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-1-29 06:43
Confirmed, op is telling a joke.

Thanks. OP had Noob in his name so I wasn't completely sure if he was kidding or not...
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

If it needs a dusting, just turn on Sport Mode.
2018-1-29
Use props
eddieNoob
Second Officer
Puerto Rico

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-29 07:28
If it needs a dusting, just turn on Sport Mode.

This, however, is NOT a joke....
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules