crazy motor
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mGibRfc
lvl.2
France

Hi
I have this new problem. I have a P3 Advanced. Everything powers up and connects no problem. However, one of the clockwise motors when I throttle up spins at full speed, gets very hot and is no longer controllable. I can control and stop all the others no problem. Even the suspect motor is controllable until I give it some throttle. The only way to stop it is to take out the battery. Could this be a ESC problem? I was going to try and swap the two CW motors around to test this theory. It's a second hand drone so I don't know it's history, but looking at the traces of salt on it, it may have been for a swim. The motor has been cleaned of salt traces.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
2018-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

This is why I prefer to buy only new products.

We never know for sure if the item was abused or possibly misused.

As you stated, finding salt residue. That motor may have to be replaced.

They are cheap enough, not to bother with switching motors around.

Good luck. Please report back your findings. Thanks

RedHotPoker

2018-1-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Unfortunately RHP maybe correct sounds like you bought a dud.
I dont believe the motor to be the cause of your fault but swapping motors over to test your theory of a faulty esc does make sense.
If the drone has been for a swim it may be only a matter of time before it fails completly and i fear that failure may happen during flight whilst the circuits are under load.
I would be extremly cautious of any future flights with that drone that is of course if you can repair it.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules