Osmo for X5S
4225 19 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Octavian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56158 ft
Romania

Any news about for X5S. I need it. Or some solutions to use X5S without , even if is from somebody else then DJI.
2018-1-28
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Also interests me and will be my purchase as it becomes available
2018-1-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

All the prores/DNG licence reside on the cinecore chip. It seems using x5s on another platform will attract another payment for licence fee. Whether it is cost effective to do so may need some serious consideration.
2018-1-29
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there any official update on this? I noticed the wording has changed on the inspire 2 page:
"An all-new handheld camera mount is compatible with the Zenmuse X7, X5S and X4S, bringing these cameras down to the ground for more flexible filmmaking." *coming soon.
2018-1-29
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

DTK Posted at 2018-1-29 00:43
All the prores/DNG licence reside on the cinecore chip. It seems using x5s on another platform will attract another payment for licence fee. Whether it is cost effective to do so may need some serious consideration.

I don't care about license, I will use only H264 / H265 in 4K.
2018-1-29
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

'Coming Soon'
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Octavian, sorry that currently we have no info regarding this, please pay attention to our website about the future release. Thanks for your attention.
2018-1-30
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 01:44
Octavian, sorry that currently we have no info regarding this, please pay attention to our website about the future release. Thanks for your attention.

Can you recommend a device or adaptor who can use X5S on the ground???
2018-1-30
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

It's been "coming soon" for as long as the inspire 2 has been out... Was really hoping to have this when I bought my X5S..
2018-1-31
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

lolders Posted at 2018-1-31 03:46
It's been "coming soon" for as long as the inspire 2 has been out... Was really hoping to have this when I bought my X5S..

Me too. Anyhow I don't really care if I can't use it in 5K. 4K H264/H265 will be good enough for me. I don't know why DJI don't release it yet, or some kind of adaptor. I understand that the video is processed inside Inspire 2. However how much it can be that processor??? 10-20$??? Add that in Osmo price. Many will buy it even if is more then current Osmo.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Octavian Posted at 2018-1-31 04:01
Me too. Anyhow I don't really care if I can't use it in 5K. 4K H264/H265 will be good enough for me. I don't know why DJI don't release it yet, or some kind of adaptor. I understand that the video is processed inside Inspire 2. However how much it can be that processor??? 10-20$??? Add that in Osmo price. Many will buy it even if is more then current Osmo.

We have Inspire 2 Handle Grips for sale in our online store, which helps turn your Inspire 2 into a handheld camera, so you can easily capture ground shots. Please check more info here: https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2-handheld-grips
2018-1-31
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-31 05:41
We have Inspire 2 Handle Grips for sale in our online store, which helps turn your Inspire 2 into a handheld camera, so you can easily capture ground shots. Please check more info here: https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2-handheld-grips

No, I don't want those. I want something like Osmo for X5. Even if I will need to buy again the Cine Core processor.
2018-1-31
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

The estimate price for such handle would probably around 1.5k to 2k, given the cinecore processor and ssd ready hardware.
2018-1-31
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

DTK Posted at 2018-1-31 23:59
The estimate price for such handle would probably around 1.5k to 2k, given the cinecore processor and ssd ready hardware.

I will pay 1.5 for the handle. I don't need SSD. I will use SD card.
2018-2-1
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Octavian Posted at 2018-1-31 04:01

yeah I don't get it they could have been selling for a long time now.. I know the process is on the drone but put it in the damn handle if this is how its all going!
2018-2-2
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

We have Inspire 2 Handle Grips for sale in our online store, which helps turn your Inspire 2 into a handheld camera, so you can easily capture ground shots. Please check more info here: https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2-handheld-grips

OK, not a bad idea I never saw that before.. When will it be back in stock?
2018-2-2
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Octavian Posted at 2018-2-1 00:18
I will pay 1.5 for the handle. I don't need SSD. I will use SD card.

I would spend that no problem and sell my Ronin...
2018-2-2
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy, the grips are a good idea. However this will lead to people exerting too much force on the main arms causing the glue to break that holds the carbon fibre arms in their sleeves.. Just like what happened to the landing gears from the force causes by it opening on surfaces.
2018-2-3
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the image here so I won't. But there has been leaks and it looks like our years of waiting is finally about to pay off
2019-3-27
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Interesting, I saw the image on another site If it will be released, I will consider it. However I already got a BMPCC4K for ground work. But if the prize and functions are right, maybe.
Too bad it is released so late in the product cycle of the Inspire, though... I guess it might be compatible with an eventual Inspire 3 camera, too. But personally I'm hesitant to buy a new Inspire 3 drone if it will be released, due to the many issues the Inspire 2 have had (still has). While technically it is a wonderful machine, and have great cameras for its price - the software/firmware development hinder its potential. Still no Real news about the battery issues and how DJI will fix it for us customers, still no ProRes RAW for the X5S although it was promised by a european DJI executive. The Inspire 2 have had a lot of promised of functions but they where released late, very late, or is still not released. Several buggy firmwares with high impact have been released, and the customers have been forced to wait months for fixes. For a Pro drone (at least according to DJI) - it is not ok.

Hopefully we will see quality releases from DJI, both from a hardware perspective as well as for firmware/software.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules