P4P Obsidian ND Filters
1193 12 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KTDrone
lvl.1
United States

Will any P4P ND filters work on the Obsidian or do I need specific filters for it.

Also any recommendations for filters?
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They will work as exactly the same size and design but will look a little odd as different colour/material
2018-1-29
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5945 ft
Portugal

A CW Posted at 2018-1-29 00:12
They will work as exactly the same size and design but will look a little odd as different colour/material

Hi !

What ND filters will work fine with P4P Obsidian ?
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RSS Posted at 2018-1-29 01:49
Hi !

What ND filters will work fine with P4P Obsidian ?

The DJI ND's designed for it will be perfect alternatively, look at polar pro cinema series for the P4P
2018-1-29
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi..

These filters should be good.. I'm going to buy a set one of the next days

https://www.sandmarc.com/product ... r-dji-phantom-4-pro

2018-1-29
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

Thanks for your answers

I do photography with P4P+

I will have any improvements if I use ND filters ?

What are the differences between ND and ND/PL versions ?

Which one will be best for photography ?
2018-1-29
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-29 02:39
Hi..

These filters should be good.. I'm going to buy a set one of the next days

Any reason to choose that ones instead PolarPro ?
2018-1-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

RSS Posted at 2018-1-29 03:18
Thanks for your answers

I do photography with P4P+

They are mostly used for film but can be handy if you need to take long exposure shots without getting overexposure shots, ex. shooting waterfalls and streams.

The PL filters are used to reduce reflections, can make the water more transparent or the sky more blue. also good for reducing the shining from leaves giving more detail and colors.
PL are hard to use on drones as they need to be rotated in order to get the right angle for the desired effect but with effort and some testing good results can be archived.
2018-1-29
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-29 04:59
They are mostly used for film bus can be handy if you need to take long exposure shots without getting overexposure shots, ex. shooting waterfalls and streams.

The PL filters are used to reduce reflections, can make the water more transparent or the sky more blue. also good for reducing the shining from leaves giving more detail and colors.

Thanks !

The PL filters have position, like up/down ?
2018-1-29
Use props
KTDrone
lvl.1
United States

RSS Posted at 2018-1-29 08:50
Thanks !

From what I read the NDPL filters require you to rotate them to get the desired effect and amount of glare reduction that you want. It's not as simple as purely up and down ever 15 or 30 degrees makes a difference.

If you shoot a lot of reflective surfaces such as snow, ice or water the polarized lens will cut down the glare coming off them.

I think the difficult thing about them is that depending on the height/angle you are shooting at corresponded with the angle of the sun and how the light is being reflected determines what degree of rotation you need on the lens. Some people say that its not worth the trouble using PL filters on a drone because you will be spending too much time messing with the lens while the angle of light is constantly changing as you fly the drone around.

Seems like its only really useful for very specific shots.

Would like to point out I have no experience with NDPL filters this is just information I have gathered through some research.

I am still also unsure which filters I should get so would be great if someone who has experience with the different types to give their opinion.
2018-1-29
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Portugal

KTDrone Posted at 2018-1-29 09:16
From what I read the NDPL filters require you to rotate them to get the desired effect and amount of glare reduction that you want. It's not as simple as purely up and down ever 15 or 30 degrees makes a difference.

If you shoot a lot of reflective surfaces such as snow, ice or water the polarized lens will cut down the glare coming off them.

Thanks !

I also have no experience with ND or ND/NL filters !

I think that I'll buy a pack of them and make tests with my OSMO

I would like that someone who has experience with it can give a little help...

I live in Portugal, no ice, no snow, just sun... lot of sun :-)
2018-1-29
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Thanks !

As I know, You can turn the outer ring on the PL filter from Sandmark, just as a focus ring
on a DSLR camera objective.
2018-1-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Thanks !

N.P.
If you have missed it please read this thread it has some more thorough explanations.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules