lost transmisson and air craft disconected
1737 18 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1654 ft
Italy

Hi all, pretty new to the forum. just wanted your input on something. yesterday i was flying my drone height 111ft distance 1,348ft in gps mode total line of sight over fields no trees or buildings suddenly lost connection to aircraft flashed up on my screen. (fyi) i noticed when i played my flight log back it never logged that my aircraft disconnected. anyway it just hung there then thankfully returned to home. now this mavic is supposed to have a range of 4,3 miles i was no where near that so why did it disconnect. i have to say as it hung their mid air my heart was beating ten to the dozen. scary. these are alot of money and to lose connection at that range is ridiculous. and why is it saying on here im in united states i'm in the uk lol.
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you post your flight records - and FYI - the max range in CE compliant areas (UK) with no obstructions or electromagnetic interference is 4KM. It's 7KM in FCC areas (USA).
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, i would if i knew how lol
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/V1U1SU2NRDORRKMDC9B5/
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

frequent flyer 46 Posted at 2018-1-29 00:39
Hi, i would if i knew how lol

update!!! i have posted link to flight log. and yes looking at the map im stood next to a building but in front its open land with perfect line of sight.
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

4km is 2.5 miles i know the range is further than that. what i'm saying is if i wanted to push the mavic it should fly 4 miles
2018-1-29
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Let me guess, you are on latest firmware  and dji go app 4.1.22 or 4.2.4??
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

frequent flyer 46 Posted at 2018-1-29 02:02
4km is 2.5 miles i know the range is further than that. what i'm saying is if i wanted to push the mavic it should fly 4 miles

dji app the latest one and latest firmware and also refreshed it as was told by dji as i was having auto focus problems.
2018-1-29
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you have PM
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

LOL, good luck with that. DJI is the worst
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

cheers bulldog, but at least you're honest lol
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

frequent flyer 46 Posted at 2018-1-29 07:00
cheers bulldog, but at least you're honest lol

I try. I was real nice for months. Tired of being nice and patient over months, for people that don't even take the time to give a response. We were all told DJI customer service sucks, but I now have found out first hand.
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

everybody has a breaking point. thought about getting the new mavic air then thought nah lol then again whats a measily £799 when he's got billions lol
2018-1-29
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

frequent flyer 46 Posted at 2018-1-29 08:19
everybody has a breaking point. thought about getting the new mavic air then thought nah lol then again whats a measily £799 when he's got billions lol

Mavic air is Wi-Fi only, if you fly anywhere near a populated area, look out!
Mavic pro i find distance is truly amazing, i;ve done a number of flights over 4-5KMs, mind you , i fly/live in the sticks, cows don't intfere with signal at all!
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please tell me the model of your mobile device and please try to change an environment for further check. Please ensur ethat there is no interference around your drone. If the problem remains, please  export the flight data and the black box for analysis.  You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-3
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're lucky to have it back. It happened to me once and I can relate to what you're saying about your heartbeat. Good luck man! Safe flying!
2018-2-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey frequent..seems to me that disconnects are mostly due to user error (i am not saying other issues do not apply ) but user error is the one thing you can do something about. To reduce risk of disconnect 1.ensure that you are facing your drone at all times 2. ensure that the antennae are facing flat to the drone (not tips of antennae pointing to drone) 3. if you feel a disconnect comming on, raise your altitude. 4. remember that if drone is disconnected for 3 seconds plus then it automatic returns to home (ensure proper setting for this) In summary: watch your position and your rc position relative to your drone - if you are moving your body to shield the sun off your screen then you are probably negatively affecting your signal situation.
2018-2-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

yes mavic does have that range but only applies in absolute ideal conditions - there a list of facotrs, each of which takes a little from that potential - put a bunch of factors into the same flight and the potential reduces accordingly.
2018-2-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

yes mavic does have that range but only applies in absolute ideal conditions - there a list of facotrs, each of which takes a little from that potential - put a bunch of factors into the same flight and the potential reduces accordingly.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules