Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do you believe in a New Mavic Pro just coming out?
12Next >
6689 58 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

What do you believe?
Feel free to explain your points of view.
Cheers!
Single SelectVote, Total 158 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

70.25% (111)
29.75% (47)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-1-29
Use props
SteWong
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

Just a matter of time, will have backward sensor like the Air, and hopefully the camera from P4P
2018-1-29
Use props
alex_bogdi1988
Second Officer
Flight distance : 631312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I give it 6 months and we'll have a new one ;)
2018-1-29
Use props
alex_bogdi1988
Second Officer
Flight distance : 631312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As@stevewong said, most likely backwards sensors, I would expect minimum 30 minutes of flight time if not more, similar props to the platinum, I would also expect the gimbal to be redesigned similar to the air and a bigger sensor similar to P4P and also all the shooting modes of the air.
2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Just coming out... nah probably not.
Coming later this year, i think so, yes.
I voted no
2018-1-29
Use props
Henry-M
lvl.3

Australia

i think around Aug/sep
2018-1-29
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Voted Yes, The MA sits between the Spark & MP/MPP, many MP users are itching for an MP II with camera features of the P4/P4P. There is some information/misinformation already starting to generate on You Tube
2018-1-29
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

I dont think you can physically fit a 1' sensor in a mavic size craft.
That being said, a new phone I bought from China has a 21 mp camera in it... the photos are crap, compared to my 12 mp samsung...
There is also a dude on Mavic pilots, that seems to know his stuff with these Sony chips, he reckons that the 'new' generation of chips might be the go? 100mb all that sorta stuff?
2018-1-29
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Myself was expecting a follow up for the Mavic pro with better camera to be released in August.. But it seems that "secret" information has leaked to the internet about this new Mavic II by a person that "predicted" the Mavic air a few weeks before the presentation.
Only time will tell if this is information to be trust. M
yself is believing that this information has leaked on purpose, we have to wait till the end of March to get a 1"sensor and 30 min. flight time.

Screen Shot 01-29-18 at 01.39 PM.JPG
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I expect that dji will be looking at sales of MavAir to choose when they will introduce Mavic pro2, a lot of new users of MavAir will want to progress as well as users of Mavic Pro, I expect within 6 months time giving plenty of time before the Christmas market.
2018-1-29
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

I voted No because we are sure of nothing. DJI just released a Mavic Air anyways.
2018-1-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Since Mavic air  was released with a better camera than Mavic pro, yet ( Pro ) should be the better grade, there should be Mavic pro 2 with a better camera than Mavic air or same.
2018-1-29
Use props
FlashGJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-1-29 09:29
Since Mavic air  was released with a better camera than Mavic pro, yet ( Pro ) should be the better grade, there should be Mavic pro 2 with a better camera than Mavic air or same.

Mavic Air uses the same sensor has Mavic Pro, so only slight improvement with the Air in only some aspects. In most regards, the image will not be much different than image from MP. DJI needs to release a MP with better sensor, but the question is, When? I thought Autel was going to compel DJI to do just that very soon because of the Evo, now I am not so sure.
2018-1-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

FlashGJ Posted at 2018-1-29 09:40
Mavic Air uses the same sensor has Mavic Pro, so only slight improvement with the Air in only some aspects. In most regards, the image will not be much different than image from MP. DJI needs to release a MP with better sensor, but the question is, When? I thought Autel was going to compel DJI to do just that very soon because of the Evo, now I am not so sure.

Agree, mostly!
2018-1-29
Use props
Charmande
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

Yeah I think it's just a matter of time. I can remember owning the P3P and thinking it doesn't get better then this and sure enough they released the P4. Then I was like no way what will they think of next ... and low and behold here's the Mavic. DJI does such an amazing job of improving on previous designs and filling so many niches within the market. A new mavic pro will come out and it'll blow us away with an insane amount of tech and lessons learned from the Air and previous generations. I would like to see a racing specific DJI drone. To me it's the only area they haven't truly covered although that Air is pretty fast.
2018-1-29
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.4
United States

Yes . . I believe the PRO has been out for a good while and enough background has been researched into its shortfalls (if any) to consider at least looking into what the next generation will hold ! I just hope they LISTEN to the good people here . . and LEARN from what is out there . . and just maybe . . even I will look forward to picking up the next generation DJI DRONE !!!
2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I do believe that the 'pro' in Mavic Pro deserves an update to justify for the price difference between the Air and the Pro.
So I believe (hope also) that a MP2 will arrive on the scene.
I have heard some rumors about something in March, but I doubt that is true. That would be close to the Air.
2018-1-29
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Brazil

I do believe!
And hope so!
2018-1-30
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think Phantom 5 next, probably March/April then Mavic 2 after the summer.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There will obviously be a new gen Mavic Pro or equivalent but 'when' is something we can all only speculate. This year - probably. March - I’d be very surprised but more than happy to eat my words here if that happens!
2018-1-30
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Who cares if the apps don't work? Don't need a new 1200$ paperweight.
2018-1-30
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
First Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

alex_bogdi1988 Posted at 2018-1-29 02:36
I give it 6 months and we'll have a new one ;)

Yes probably September
2018-1-30
Use props
Peaugh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105295 ft
United States

I hope it's a least a few months away, I only JUST got my Mavic Pro!
2018-1-30
Use props
Ivanski
First Officer
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

I hope so. Actually I am waiting for the Phantom 5 or Phantom X. But if the Mavic Pro 2 comes with a Phantom 4 Pro camera, I may just buy the Mavic Pro 2.
2018-1-30
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

probably in Sept 2018
2018-1-30
Use props
AGILA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45085 ft
Philippines

Maybe end of this year or early 2019. I want for the new Mavic Pro to have a new 1" sensor and at least 16 MP camera resolution. Also, please please do not remove the Portrait Mode.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Maybe they will actually honor release dates when it does become available.
2018-1-31
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Brazil

AGILA Posted at 2018-1-31 02:19
Maybe end of this year or early 2019. I want for the new Mavic Pro to have a new 1" sensor and at least 16 MP camera resolution. Also, please please do not remove the Portrait Mode.

I am expecting to be earlier then this!
2018-2-1
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seeing is believing,
2018-2-1
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I dont particularly want to get stuck in upgrade-itis ... Constantly looking for the next best thing.
2018-2-1
Use props
fans661839c7
lvl.1
United States

nottuppaware Posted at 2018-2-1 15:05
I dont particularly want to get stuck in upgrade-itis ... Constantly looking for the next best thing.

I was thinking the same thing.
2018-2-1
Use props
KingRexy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49856 ft
Sweden

This dude seems to know what is up
https://twitter.com/ositalv

He leaked the Mavic Air specs and so on almost a month before launch video, but hey he might be wrong about the DJI Mavic release dates so I don't taking anything for granted until I see DJI themselves make a video about it.
2018-2-1
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

+1 here
2018-2-1
Use props
Leftyguy
Captain
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Too Soon- Late Spring, Early Fall - To many baby Mavic Pro's coming out now. Need a Full Mavic Pro Upgrade.
2018-2-1
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I would expect an MP2 to be released in 4-6 months.
2018-2-1
Use props
TechGooch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413839 ft
United States

I believe we will see a Mavic Pro 2 this year sometime, as the competition is stepping up so should DJI. I am just hoping they incorporate a 1” sensor into the camera. I don’t really care if they update the look so much, just give a better camera and the additional sensors and flight modes you gave the Air and I would be more than happy. I would think they will also pull over a improved body design similar to the Air, just bigger with improved flight time and the OcuSync that is on the current Pro. Of course, I would love 4K 60p, but it is not a necessity for me at this point. I just don’t see them not having that capability.
2018-2-2
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

It's a no from me for now, maybe in a few months...
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

I believe in DJI, I believe in new bird for the spring and new fly season.
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
Second Officer
United States

Considering the Autel Evo has 4K60 FPS with a great Sony camera sensor, three-way collision sensors, and it's only $999... DJI better do something, otherwise they're going to lose out on Mavic Air and Mavic Pro sales.
2018-2-3
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

When news starts appearing on Dpreview you know something is coming!
https://www.dpreview.com/news/48 ... may-arrive-in-march

2018-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules