2217 4 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

Hi,

I've seen a bunch of videos of the Mavic Air online where people are using multiple quickshot modes in locations that have multiple obstacles (trees, rocks, etc.) or in very tight spaces. In all of these these quick shots, whether it's Boomerang, or some other type, quickshot seems to work perfectly, and the drone doesn't hit anything.

During a quickshot is the Mavic AIR using APAS activelly to correct the trajectory of the quickshot to avoid those obstacles, or did these people just get lucky and the Mavic didn't hit anything by chance ?

As an example, in the live announcement, there's an example of a boomerang shot with DJI's Director of NA facing the ocean with a couple of palm trees behind him. The Mavic goes around the person, over the palm trees and then over a fence and ends facing this person again without hitting anything.

Thanks !
2018-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tried APAS briefly today, it copes ok with obstacals, I did note that when you switch to Tripod it turns off APAS I didn’t have the space to try out the quick shots today, may have a go tomorrow.
2018-1-29
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-1-29 09:46
I tried APAS briefly today, it copes ok with obstacals, I did note that when you switch to Tripod it turns off APAS I didn’t have the space to try out the quick shots today, may have a go tomorrow.

Ok, thanks for your reply. It would be great to know if APAS is enabled during quickshots. Thanks.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans27bf5b58
New
Flight distance : 46286 ft
United States

I was using QuickShot Boomerang today and my drone crashed into the house!  I NEED to know if APAS is disabled during Quickshots modes!
2018-3-10
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Mavic air doesnt have side obstacles avoidance fans27bf5b58! And it does tell u to make sure u have sufficient space
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules