Front left leg support.
2129 27 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Hi, had a propellar come off just after take off, my first real crash, was only a few meters up and it fell like a sack of bricks luckerly into a field with snow on the ground but still hit with some force and bent the support.

It looks like the leg support is seperate from the actual arm which is good news I would have thought.

Anyone know where I can buy a new leg support?

I might be able to straighten it out but would rather new.

Thanks.

Leg damage.

Leg damage.
2018-1-29
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

DJI can you send me one please.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, did you crash your drone? I would recommend you contact our support, send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support and understanding.  
2018-2-4
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Can you not send me the part?

Thanks.
2018-2-4
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2018-2-4 02:59
Can you not send me the part?

Thanks.

Maybe you can find something on eBay.
2018-2-4
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Thanks had a look on the net , seems the whole arm is available for 35 euro but it seems I can just replace the leg strutt at a fraction of cost.  Should be about 2 euro or something.

There just seems to be 3 connection screws that are so small and fine I cannot see if they are rivets, allen or hex key or a type of Phillips screw etc can anyone verify if it is just a leg strut needed.

My eyes aint what they used to be.  Is there full break down image of the Mavic like you would get on a motor bike with part numbers etc?

I worked in a themal plastics company for years  and the strutt seems to be PVC  ( a cheap plastic ) so trying to straightening it will not help but make it worse.

DJI please use polycarbonate in the future or carbon fibre if poss but I guess that is asking to much but impacts are a breeze when you use the right materials in 'aircraft' as you say your products are.

Any way DJI can you please send me the part and a bill?

Thanks.

2018-2-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

FlyDk, thanks just checked your specific link   As the CARS once sang.  Just what I needed.

2018-2-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Bet the guys who work at dji spares are fiddling like crazy, cool.
2018-2-5
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

tip for the old eyes.. take a photo with your cell phone then zoom in... typically the very very small screws are philips then torx are a bit bigger like T4 etc.
2018-2-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

DJI response send your beloved drone to us, which will cost a fortune and get someone elses drone back.

That has to stop, my drone and serial number is my property.  Chinese need something to learn.
2018-2-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

AIister Posted at 2018-2-5 09:51
tip for the old eyes.. take a photo with your cell phone then zoom in... typically the very very small screws are philips then torx are a bit bigger like T4 etc.

Thanks, but geez they small and all I see is circlish hole lol.
2018-2-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-4 00:52
Sir, did you crash your drone? I would recommend you contact our support, send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support and understanding.

Yeah I crashed it, propeller came off.
No lives lost.
2018-2-5
Use props
fans80621f6b
New
Flight distance : 200157 ft
United States

My drone has that exact same crack in the exact same location.  It didn't crash but did come down a little hard and kind of "skidded" sideways a little bit.  When that skid happened is when the crack happened.  Holding off on sending it in for repair via care refresh as it flies just fine, only a slight tilt to the left on the ground.
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is strange why they don't do a list of spare parts on the Mavic - you can on the Phantom and Inspire series
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2018-2-5 10:04
Yeah I crashed it, propeller came off.
No lives lost.

I see. Hope your drone can be fixed quickly.
2018-2-10
Use props
chopperphil
lvl.2
United States

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-DJI ... 3H5HkMbXiGfBK71cOtA
2018-2-10
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

TY.  Not sure why the prop fell off guess I just did not mount it correctly?
2018-2-10
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Any chance of a parachute deployment when loss of prop etc?  Be cool feature, little chute to lessen impact.  After all the Mavic Pro is pretty smart.
2018-2-10
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2018-2-5 09:42
Thanks had a look on the net , seems the whole arm is available for 35 euro but it seems I can just replace the leg strutt at a fraction of cost.  Should be about 2 euro or something.

There just seems to be 3 connection screws that are so small and fine I cannot see if they are rivets, allen or hex key or a type of Phillips screw etc can anyone verify if it is just a leg strut needed.

Screws are Hex 1.5mm when you take the leg off, the antenna will slide out, simple fix, just note where the antenna slides into the leg.

Replacing the arm will require some soldering skills, along with opening up the drone = no warranty.
2018-2-10
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

I guess you can try your luck at drone orthopedic shop.
2018-2-10
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-10 09:05
Screws are Hex 1.5mm when you take the leg off, the antenna will slide out, simple fix, just note where the antenna slides into the leg.

Replacing the arm will require some soldering skills, along with opening up the drone = no warranty.

Thanks for info Buzz.  Do not think I need to touch the arm.
2018-2-10
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-10 09:40
I guess you can try your luck at drone orthopedic shop.

Lol, watching fugitive tonight.
2018-2-10
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Thanks peeps, on it's way, free postage as well?  Ebay sellers usually charge more for postage than the actual item.    Don't you love Paypal as well.

2018-2-11
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Happy you were able to find your own replacement part.
Sending it to DJI they may send you back a different refurbished drone.
I sent my 2 weeks old (then) mavic pro for a broken gimbal vibration bracket and got a refurbished drone back.
2018-2-11
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

lomo2017 Posted at 2018-2-11 08:21
Happy you were able to find your own replacement part.
Sending it to DJI they may send you back a different refurbished drone.
I sent my 2 weeks old (then) mavic pro for a broken gimbal vibration bracket and got a refurbished drone back.

That is so unacceptable.  They need to be brought to the front on this.

Your drone is your property like a car etc.

Your serial number on your original drone may bring down a passenger aircraft one day.

There needs to be a transfer of property.

I doubt they keep much logs when things are melanged.
2018-2-11
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Then again I suppose my old tv had a serial?  Tho who is going to chuck that into an aeroplanes engine.  747 brought down by old toshiba tv .....
2018-2-11
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2018-2-11 08:41
That is so unacceptable.  They need to be brought to the front on this.

Your drone is your property like a car etc.

One good thing. So far the replacement drone flies as good once I had the RC linked and updated some FW. Really don't have the chance to fly it long. Weather doesn't permit.
But you are right. They should repair your drone before replacing it with a refurbished. Unless the damage is beyond repair. I believe they want you back in the air as soon as possible.
I emailed them with a few questions after they quoted me the repair cost where they also stated that they gonna repair the drone or replace it with an equivalent.
After 4 days with no replies from DJI I just went ahead and made the payment thinking they will repair my drone. But I was wrong.
2018-2-11
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Crappy eh.  I have a repair place about 30 miles away.

Hardly flown the bird as I purchased just as winter set in but hope to use a lot.

At the moment I am scared of the rth not working, sunlight throwing a spanner in the works.

tbh,  DJI I  love the adventure in life but no confidence in your product and code, sry DJI but I have better things to get on with.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules