serious concerns
4232 29 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1654 ft
Italy

Hi, all, i have been reading the forums now for several hours and the one thing that keeps popping up is loss of transmission due to latest app and firmware. i have also read numerous posts where the power has shut of the mavic for no reason and its just fell out the sky. This is my first proper drone and i'm using lastest app and firmware and have also experinced problems with signal loss at very short distances. now don't get me wrong this is an amazing aircraft and its capabilities astound me, but thats no good if i'm scared to fly it. i brought mine second hand from a guy who said he brought it october but when i went to dji site and put the serial number in for a repair on the auto focus, it said unavailable. what does that mean? has it run out of warranty or what, dji are next to useless to speak too, and if you point the blame in their direction they try their best to dodge the bullet. all in all i'm very dissapointed with the service from dji saying the drone costs 800 upwards. it may not be a lot of money to some of you on here but to me thats a lot. dji should test their firmaware more and not release untill %100 bug free. Dji if you're on here, i expected better for the no 1 leader in the drone market. we shell out and in return we get poor support and dodgy firmware.
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Been happening for 3-4 months for me. I have made threads, had tons of responses, but almost zero input from DJI. They know this is a problem, and 100% ignore anybody asking about it. Good luck, buy my 1200$ drone is really a 120$ drone because of the app dropping issues. DJI is a disgrace when it comes to this issue. Really sad.
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

Yes because they know if they admit their error it will cost them. dji should be more curtious to its customers or how the hell do they expect to get repeat customers then again they own the drone market so what little choice do we have, so basically they have by the short and curlies lol
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

It's almost painful to watch DJI completely ignore everybody that asks about this. Then they tell them to send the drone back in for repairs, and sends out somebody else's broken drone and buys themselves a months time. Disgraceful.
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

I hear you mate, we should set up a petition then send it to the ceo of dji lol. the only way we would be heard is if we boycotted their products then they'd have to listen and actually say something productive back to  their customers. I'm losing faith in this company and if there was a better alternative i would have taken it by now. would i recommend dji to a friend?  hmm let me think, in its present status that would be a massive NOPE!!!!
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Massive NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for me too. My brother wanted to buy a drone, but I told him about my troubles. He put his money back in his pocket to buy something else. Too bad, cause flying drones is amazing. Dealing with DJI is the opposite.
2018-1-29
Use props
Mianmach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447293 ft
Mexico

Yeah! I just went back to some clips I used to shoot a year ago and nowadays I'm terrified to even consider doing those shots because I feel my drone is so unstable and wouldn't want to loose it because of a problem foreing to my skills
2018-1-29
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

That's the thing with Forums...
You get the enthusiasts that like to participate and contribute, then there are people with specific issues.
What you don't get, very often, are the many people saying everything is fine/great... etc
So with out knowing how many drones DJI have sold, compared to issues, it difficult to assess failure rates

The forum may give you a dark and bleak picture, with 1000's of failure/complaint postings, but from how many people..?? ...
If they have sold a Million drones that less than a few %
Google "iPhone Failure Rates", quite revealing... This example

A lot(not all) of consumer Technology today is built around a disposable model... Sad but True

Like they say "Caveat Emptor",
but if you based your decisions on everything you read on the internet... Would you ever buy anything..??
I still bought a Mavic, I bought an iPad Mini4(Still on IOS 10.3) because it appeared more stable.
I'm a noob, but have not had any issues, todate.

Just my 2 penneth/2 cents

GL.. YMMV
2018-1-29
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

good two pennies worth lol, made sense. they probably only check one in ten at quality control
2018-1-29
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

I used to have all kinds of trouble, drop outs every flight, since switching to a 7" tablet with a gamer processor, i havenl;t had one drop out, or lag since!
Just android issues, for reasons we all know compared to Apple
If you loose screen but you can still control your bird, 9 x out of 10, its that damn mobile device your using!

2018-1-29
Use props
fans9553217f
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Spain

Where I fly at home, there are places that seem ideal for flying, but do give rise to very occasional, momentary glitches. I have traced them to beamed radio waves.
I am flying abroad at the moment and well away from obvious interference, however, the Mavic frequently lost signal at 100m altitude and at 50m just 200m away.
Obviously there were beamed interference locations, because I could reproduce the faults by going back to that position in the sky.
I can't blame updates or anything else, because I was not able to apply them where I am.
I wonder if the people who experience these loss of signal situations check the controller fro interference from external sources?
Have they encountered a radio beam they were not aware of?
Why is it always the drone's fault?
2018-1-29
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

There was a version of firmware that had massive "lost contact" and garbled screen problems, it was in late Nov.  DJI put on a new firmware, sometime late Nov, and fixed everything.  So far,  I have encountered no such problems.  Just the occasional gimbal reset (once only, during a fly over in a city full of high rise buildings) during flight and video flickers. So these could be due to external radio interference, but can't tell for sure.

It is difficult for DJI to respond to each and every passing complains as there are so many external factors to take into accounts.  However, they should keep track of the complain patterns and arrest systemic issues early.

My 2c worth.
2018-1-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i feel for you guys - with my most recent flights i am getting some issues again. I dreaded the arrival of the last update (because for the past few weeks my drone was working great) now i am praying for the next update to come quick and hoping that it will fix the issues that have come up again.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

frequent flyer 46 Posted at 2018-1-29 09:24
good two pennies worth lol, made sense. they probably only check one in ten at quality control

Please tell me the SN of your mavic. I would check the warranty period for you. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I personally have never experienced one problem with my MP. I keep up with all the firmware updates and I do the same with my iPad Mini 2. I read a lot of complaints and I just don’t understand why people are having so many problems but I’ve have never experienced one. I think it has to do with a lot of pilot errors.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansd22952ba
lvl.1
United States

Some people have problems some people never experienced any problems with the drones.
DJI is a Chines company based in China. No matter what, they never do good quality control on their products. As the sales go up, the quality will come down. I bought mine on Friday and after 2 hours found out, this thing has to go back to the store, very unreliable software behaviors. Not going to risk flying something designed, built, manufactured in China.
2018-2-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the Mavic Pro(sold) and now have the Mavic Platinum I also had a Spark(sold) and also a P4(gone, Long story) and now have an Inspire 1.  With all the DJI drones I have-had I have never had a problem with signal transmission loss on any of my birds.  Always pay attention to your signals before/during flight and you should not have problems.
2018-2-4
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

In my own experience with going to the dji site to register my MPP, I also got the 'unavailable' notice when I entered my S/N, so I called  dji support, and it turned out that it was the BROWSER (Safari) I was using that caused the issue. While I was on the phone with the dji rep, I opened the Chrome browser (at her suggestion) and got through the registration with no issues. I don't know if this is also your problem, but it might be.
2018-2-5
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-4 01:07
Please tell me the SN of your mavic. I would check the warranty period for you. Thanks for your support.

Dji electra please could you tell me the warranty period for my dji mavic pro as i brought this second hand.
20180126_005419.jpg
2018-2-5
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dji electra please could you tell me the warranty period for my dji mavic pro as i brought this second hand.
2018-2-5
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

frequent flyer 46 Posted at 2018-2-5 05:14

I can see this is in the system and it is a Mavic Pro.  Service plan shows 'unavailable.  Let me check a little further for warranty status.
2018-2-5
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

MFPullen Posted at 2018-2-5 06:21
I can see this is in the system and it is a Mavic Pro.  Service plan shows 'unavailable.  Let me check a little further for warranty status.

I would just get on chat with them and confirm the date of warranty expire.  I cannot get that information other than it is a valid serial # for your Mavic.
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My DJI background:
P3P - DOA - replaced and sold
P4P - DOA - replaced and now let out as too noisy for me but love the camera - considering selling it
Mavic Pro fly more combo - no issues - sold
Spark fly more combo - performance issues/GPS loss - sold after 7 weeks!
Mavic pro - DOA - full refund
Mavic Pro Alpine White combo - DOA - full refund
Mavic Pro Alpine White Combo - fine but fully refunded as didn't like it after all the previous issues
Mavic Pro Platinum - all good and I'm still flying it
That's 4 DOA's & 1 glitchy Spark in 8 drones - thats why I always buy in store in London - I get a DOA I get every penny of my money back there and then!

2018-2-5
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

MFPullen Posted at 2018-2-5 06:28
I would just get on chat with them and confirm the date of warranty expire.  I cannot get that information other than it is a valid serial # for your Mavic.

hi, thanks for the reply, contacted dji and it is still under warranty, until august. however when i trie and set up the repair it says service unavailable as if the warranty has ran out. frustrated lol
2018-2-6
Use props
fans6fcbfc93
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 08:04
My DJI background:
P3P - DOA - replaced and sold
P4P - DOA - replaced and now let out as too noisy for me but love the camera - considering selling it

Which store are you buying your drones from in London? Thanks!
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6fcbfc93 Posted at 2018-2-6 02:08
Which store are you buying your drones from in London? Thanks!

The 3 returned Mavic's was Apple.
The P3P,  Spark and Mavic Pro fly more combo was Maplins
The Mavic Platinum was Jessops
The P4P from the DJI online store as soon as it was announced in Nov '16.
2018-2-6
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 27. April 2017
2018-2-6
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-2-6 02:12
Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 27. April 2017

was registered in august and aparently warranty doubles if in eu according to chat i had with dji so effectivly august 2019
2018-2-6
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

hi, tried to raise a ticket for repair but it says service unavailable when i know its under warranty.
sn. 08qde4t01202ye
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

frequent flyer 46 Posted at 2018-2-6 02:41
hi, tried to raise a ticket for repair but it says service unavailable when i know its under warranty.
sn. 08qde4t01202ye

Did you try to contact our support? If not, please enter the link and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.  
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules