Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 motor vibration update
597363 597363 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I was having serious motor vibration after latest firmware update. What I did was, I went into basic gain setting and changed the yaw setting from 100% to 80% this has taken most of the vibration out and now only a slight shake remains after releasing the left stick. So if anybody else has this problem I'd suggest playing around with gain settings
2018-1-29
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Mine has this issue sometimes! DJI, any position about this problem? I am afraid shell cracking issues due that vibration.
2018-1-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I'm happy to hear that you were able to do a self repair.

Those are the best. & no down time..

RedHotPoker
2018-1-30
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Ive noticed this on mine also after the latest update.

I spooled up my p4 on the workbench with the propellers detached. Thats when i heard vibrations during spool up. No observable vibrations from the motor shafts and motor housing/bell though.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Kokok Posted at 2018-1-30 23:28
Ive noticed this on mine also after the latest update.

I spooled up my p4 on the workbench with the propellers detached. Thats when i heard vibrations during spool up. No observable vibrations from the motor shafts and motor housing/bell though.

Did you also do the VPS calibration after the update?

I installed .700 via GO 4 and did the VPS in Assistant 2 (Which would not allow for the firmware update in Windows so I had to use GO 4 through the iPad.).  I believe the VPS affects the drone's flight near the ground.  It was so smooth I could have done a waypoint mission at 3-4 inches off the asphalt.  Landings were light as a feather.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-31 08:54

I installed .700 via GO 4 and did the VPS in Assistant 2 (Which would not allow for the firmware update in Windows so I had to use GO 4 through the iPad.).  I believe the VPS affects the drone's flight near the ground.  It was so smooth I could have done a waypoint mission at 3-4 inches off the asphalt.  Landings were light as a feather.

No it was vibrating  with the props detached ,sitting on a bench ,when the motors where slowing down.
2018-1-31
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

Mine P4 has the same vibration after start motors. Any value of gain (80-120%) doesnt solve shaking motors.
I'm afraid it could destroy motors... DJI ???
2018-1-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

What I did was, went into basic gain settings changed the yaw setting from 100% to 80% , this has taken the majority of the vibration out. DJI need to look at this again or we all going to have cracked shells
2018-1-31
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Same issue here, I haven't done a flight test yet, but very important vibration without props when releasing the throttle stick after powering it up, just before the motors get a quiet revolution state. Yaw gain at 80% improves the vibration but it is still present
2018-1-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Pareja IV Posted at 2018-1-31 13:34
Same issue here, I haven't done a flight test yet, but very important vibration without props when releasing the throttle stick after powering it up, just before the motors get a quiet revolution state. Yaw gain at 80% improves the vibration but it is still present

Yes your having the same issue as me. So DJI had 7 months to give us a stable firmware., but guess what, it not all stable. Well done DJI , NOT
2018-1-31
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Are you guys sure you should be spinning those motors up without props? I’m not sure how DJI governs the RPM’s but I certainly can see over speed causing vibration and possible failure.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

It's the same issue  with the props on.it happens when the motors are slowing down
2018-1-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

It's the same issue  with the props on.it happens when the motors are slowing down
2018-1-31
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI, any position about it?
2018-2-1
Use props
bugbee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167556 ft

United States

The motor arm shook like 60's harley Davidson motor cycle when I landed the drone after update.
2018-2-1
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

bugbee Posted at 2018-2-1 15:12
The motor arm shook like 60's harley Davidson motor cycle when I landed the drone after update.

Yes, I realized the vibration without the propellers and during the land. Take off is all ok.
2018-2-1
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Surely somebody at DJI test firmware before releasing.  This new vibration issue could potentially be a dangerous issue. If the new firmware hasn't been tested prior to release, it's totally irresponsible and dangerous on DJI's  part
2018-2-2
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Yes. I can confirm this vibration upon landing also. Phantom has been flying well since firmware update but I did look for this today for the first time and tried several closeup landings. This does not look healthy for something that flys. I would not be flying my Cherokee with a vibration like that. Somethings up. What ?
2018-2-2
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Archangel3356 Posted at 2018-2-2 14:46
Yes. I can confirm this vibration upon landing also. Phantom has been flying well since firmware update but I did look for this today for the first time and tried several closeup landings. This does not look healthy for something that flys. I would not be flying my Cherokee with a vibration like that. Somethings up. What ?

DJI Susan suggested not to fly with this issue, but unfortunately Iam unable to send flight logs ,as my PC is down , hopefully somebody else can forward the data to DJI.
2018-2-2
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-31 08:54

Yes i did all the calibrations.

I investigated this issue further and found out that the vibration occurs everytime i power up coming from idle motor speed, and powering down to idle motor speeds. These were done when the p4 was on the bench without props.

During test flights, i cannot observe any significant effects this has on the flight performance. But as with any flying machine, vibrations are bad and it will cause damage to the p4 airframe/shell.

Has dji confirmed this issue?
2018-2-2
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Kokok Posted at 2018-2-2 20:53

I investigated this issue further and found out that the vibration occurs everytime i power up coming from idle motor speed, and powering down to idle motor speeds. These were done when the p4 was on the bench without props.

No conformation from DJI on this issue,  silence from DJI, typical really.
2018-2-3
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

I’ll be happy to post my data files if requested of me. In the mean time I think I’ll look and see if beta 6 is still available for me to fall back on.
2018-2-3
Use props
Nabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1627031 ft
Japan

Kokok Posted at 2018-2-2 20:53

I investigated this issue further and found out that the vibration occurs everytime i power up coming from idle motor speed, and powering down to idle motor speeds. These were done when the p4 was on the bench without props.

I am in the same state.
It was aircraft firmware occurred from ver.02.00.0106.
2018-2-3
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

As kokok stated above, the vibration is through all four arms when you first spin up the motors past the idle speed and happens again when they spin back to idle speed. Props on or off, it’s the same.  But it flys perfect and I went out over 6000 feet yesterday and all systems worked flawlessly. Not sure how much of a concern this is, maybe no concern at all and it looks worse than it is but I’ll be sure to keep my eye out for any fix. Not holding my breath for any new firmware for the P4 since its been discontinued makes me believe they might not be interested in supporting this bird any longer. Only time will tell I guess.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

I didn't notice any odd startup as I pop it up into the air pretty quick, but when I brought it in for landing and once it was firmly on the ground and I held the lever down to shut it off, there was a howl and shudder.  I thought a bearing went out just then, but maybe it's just the way it behaves on shutting down.  Props spun by hand freely and no noise or grinding so bearing is ruled out.

I haven't tried it with auto-landing to see if it is any different.  Other than that, it flew fine.

2018-2-4
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-4 08:02
I didn't notice any odd startup as I pop it up into the air pretty quick, but when I brought it in for landing and once it was firmly on the ground and I held the lever down to shut it off, there was a howl and shudder.  I thought a bearing went out just then, but maybe it's just the way it behaves on shutting down.  Props spun by hand freely and no noise or grinding so bearing is ruled out.

I haven't tried it with auto-landing to see if it is any different.  Other than that, it flew fine.

It shouldn't behave like that on landing,. There's definitely something going on with the motors
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the late response first as I just received the message in PM. Regarding the wobble, does it only appear on the ground? We've received some feedback on the ground, but not appear in the air. Our engineers have been aware of this and will fix it soon. If you meet wobble in the air, please export the flight logs for further analysis, thanks!
2018-2-8
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Susan, it's hard to tell if it's happening in the air, but it's definitely happening on the ground. Hope this helps, I turned down the  yaw from 100% to 80% in the basic gain setting and this took the majority of the wobble out , however there is still some vibration there
2018-2-8
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-8 02:31
Hi there, sorry for the late response first as I just received the message in PM. Regarding the wobble, does it only appear on the ground? We've received some feedback on the ground, but not appear in the air. Our engineers have been aware of this and will fix it soon. If you meet wobble in the air, please export the flight logs for further analysis, thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

I realized it happens only on the ground when I change from idle to throttled and from throttled to idle. I will keep watching if during the flight it occurs... if so, I’ll send you the log files.
2018-2-8
Use props
Giorgos007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217218 ft
Greece

The vibration is happening on the ground when you throttled the motors to take of and again when the motors go back to idle speed.in the air i havent see any vibrations it flys perfect without problems.now we waiting dji to solve the problem
2018-2-9
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wel i brought the p4p yesterday back to the shop , discovered stress cracks at partition of 2 air vents on the arm. I have posted a post before regarding the notice of vibration in arms upon take of and landing when drone is in contact with ground. I regular inspect the drone for cracks and unfortunately discovered 2 small hairline cracks.it all started after update p4p to .700 fw , not with .602. Its still under warranty, so i hope dji repairs it under this warranty and not finding another excuse. I have reported this many times before. Its very strange that these hairline cracks are in the left front arm and the right back arm airvents
2018-2-9
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Hello Susan, please inform the engineers that the motors do not vibrate when the Drone is turned slightly forwards or backwards, ? but when it is level or when you push on the Drone it vibrates.
I still have the wobble when flying fast in P,S or ATTI mode. When flying slow the Drone flies perfect. When flying with the wind it flies perfect, but flying into only a slight breeze it starts to wobble as mentioned before. Everything is on the latest version.   
2018-2-10
Use props
Farmflyer321
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236250 ft
Australia

I have the same issue after last update. Seems to be ok in the air. But on the ground scary.  If this causes a crack or other problem i will be  very upset with DJI.
Its a major problem and need to  be fixed.
2018-2-12
Use props
Farmflyer321
lvl.1
Australia

Farmflyer321 Posted at 2018-2-12 01:59
I have the same issue after last update. Seems to be ok in the air. But on the ground scary.  If this causes a crack or other problem i will be  very upset with DJI.
Its a major problem and need to  be fixed.

It seems to be the right rear arm on mine
2018-2-12
Use props
Farmflyer321
lvl.1
Australia

Farmflyer321 Posted at 2018-2-12 02:07
It seems to be the right rear arm on mine

Have just been investigating further. My screws are tight i would be scared to try and make them tighter. At idle there is vibration with or without props. Definitely worse with props on. And as i take off it get real bad but then in the air not reallly noticeable. Flight seems to be ok maybe not quite as stable as it was before. I have never crashed or had a hard landing, everything still seems ok no cracks but i am worried of this causing a crack or crash.
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi there, sorry for the late response first as I just received the message in PM. Regarding the wobble, does it only appear on the ground? We've received some feedback on the ground, but not appear in the air. Our engineers have been aware of this and will fix it soon. If you meet wobble in the air, please export the flight logs for further analysis, thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Hello susan,

anymore information regarding wobbling upon startup and landing from the engineers?
I will receive my p4p back soon from dji repair , as I discovered cracks in the engine arms (btw they repaired it under warranty luckily) but I don't know now what to do , keep flying or downgrade firmware back from .700 to 602 ? please advise as soon as possible

thanks
2018-2-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

fans1f690efe Posted at 2018-2-8 02:47
Hi Susan, it's hard to tell if it's happening in the air, but it's definitely happening on the ground. Hope this helps, I turned down the  yaw from 100% to 80% in the basic gain setting and this took the majority of the wobble out , however there is still some vibration there

Interesting about the lowering of the gain control of Yaw <100%.

In the Inspire 2 side, they recommended lowering the Pitch to around 87% and leaving the others, including Yaw, at 100%.

This is confusing.  Okay maddening too!
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans1f690efe Posted at 2018-2-8 02:47
Hi Susan, it's hard to tell if it's happening in the air, but it's definitely happening on the ground. Hope this helps, I turned down the  yaw from 100% to 80% in the basic gain setting and this took the majority of the wobble out , however there is still some vibration there

Thanks for reaching us. Have you tested the performance in the air? Generally, the recording will be affected if the drone wobble in the air. Please keep us posted on the test results, thanks!
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2018-2-8 06:10
I realized it happens only on the ground when I change from idle to throttled and from throttled to idle. I will keep watching if during the flight it occurs... if so, I’ll send you the log files.

Noted with thanks! We'll wait for your update.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-9 23:49
Wel i brought the p4p yesterday back to the shop , discovered stress cracks at partition of 2 air vents on the arm. I have posted a post before regarding the notice of vibration in arms upon take of and landing when drone is in contact with ground. I regular inspect the drone for cracks and unfortunately discovered 2 small hairline cracks.it all started after update p4p to .700 fw , not with .602. Its still under warranty, so i hope dji repairs it under this warranty and not finding another excuse. I have reported this many times before. Its very strange that these hairline cracks are in the left front arm and the right back arm airvents

I have replied your post of P4P: https://forum.dji.com/thread-136078-1-1.html please keep us updated there, thanks!
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules