Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll: Official OTG Support For Android and iOS
12Next >
15818 47 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pappy3
First Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Please note official support means OTG will work in all future GO 4 app releases versus yeah it works in this release, is still unsupported, so it may not work in a future release.

When the Spark was released some adventureous users found out by connecting an OTG cable from the RC to the phone/tablet the Spark would operate in a similar fashion as the Mavic Pro. Once word got out, the official word from DJI recommended to use wifi and not OTG as OTG is not supported. It seems the tune is starting to change a little as DJI is now saying it's coming, but no word if and when it comes OTG will be supported for the Spark. OTG was hobbled (no telemetry data) in version 4.1.18 and 4.1.22. The latest update is OTG works again in version 4.2.4 on iOS but NOT for android.
So I thought it would be fun to have a guessing game as to when or if OTG will ever be supported for the Spark.

Single SelectVote, Total 114 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

19.30% (22)
15.79% (18)
17.54% (20)
15.79% (18)
21.05% (24)
10.53% (12)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-1-29
Use props
Grmachine
Second Officer
United States

I had asked in another thread about the Jan 23rd update and OTG working in IOS. I got an administrator response stating that OTG has been optimized in IOS, but it’s still not officially supported, so I voted within the next 2 months. I’m thinking March, and the Mavic Pro II rumors, will bring another big update to DJI Go.
2018-1-29
Use props
Zookeeper
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You should ask everyone that votes to post a reply or your poll will very quickly fall off the front page..
2018-1-29
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since it works now on iOS and historically android is usually a month or so behind, I'd say within the next 2 months. That gives the android developers time to get their stuff done.
2018-1-29
Use props
Pappy3
First Officer
United States

Zookeeper Posted at 2018-1-29 09:03
You should ask everyone that votes to post a reply or your poll will very quickly fall off the front page..

Thanks for the heads up. This is my first poll posting. I'll monitor and post a bump up message if it does fall off the first page.
2018-1-29
Use props
Pappy3
First Officer
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-29 09:06
Since it works now on iOS and historically android is usually a month or so behind, I'd say within the next 2 months. That gives the android developers time to get their stuff done.

I would think the developers have been pretty busy over the last 2-3 months in adding support for the Mavic Air. This will probably be the case for at least another month or 2.
2018-1-29
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

Picked 3 weeks just trying to be optimistic nothing else , as for now am still using my old version with otg
2018-1-29
Use props
Leonb63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132726 ft
United Kingdom

Pappy3 Posted at 2018-1-29 09:46
I would think the developers have been pretty busy over the last 2-3 months in adding support for the Mavic Air. This will probably be the case for at least another month or 2.

I agree with this post. Let me ask a question, is it correct or good customer support that those of us that have already got a Spark have to wait for an update on Android. WiFi in europe just does not give me the stability that OTG does regarding range. I do not fly my drone far as I am a beginner and totally support the safety rules but I have had times when the drone is  less than 80m away from me at an altitude of 50m or less and lost signal.
2018-1-30
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I don't care any more, I gave up all hope, I am now on the dark side... 4.1.15 mod for Spark, everything works now so why upgrade . I am on latest firmware 0900 and everything is oke, never had any issues since.
2018-1-30
Use props
Ram-UK
Captain
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

OTG cable is working now on Spark with IOS after the latest DJI Go update. I have tested it with my iPhone 7 and iPad Pro. It’s brilliant. !!!!   Switch on the RC and wait for it to be ready before connecting the Otg cable from your IOS device. It get upset sometimes.
2018-1-30
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-30 03:28
I don't care any more, I gave up all hope, I am now on the dark side... 4.1.15 mod for Spark, everything works now so why upgrade . I am on latest firmware 0900 and everything is oke, never had any issues since.

Is there much of a difference between the 4.1.15 mod and the 4.1.5 from APKmirror?
2018-1-30
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Netherlands

Remove the need to login with a actual DJI account.
Set the Tx power to FCC mode (US based high power tx) Europe uses a lower power setting, so this is now set at the higher output level.
Blocked firmware upgrade check (the Go app no longer knows what firmware you are on)
RemoveUpdateForce: This prevents the GO app from locking until you update
Blocked ALL communications back to DJI from the app.
Allows Here maps to get through, so you can fly with full internet/data enabled
Enable Mavic Flight Modes on the Spark
Enable Wifi Channel Select

2018-1-30
Use props
AdeP
First Officer
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-30 05:08
Remove the need to login with a actual DJI account.
Set the Tx power to FCC mode (US based high power tx) Europe uses a lower power setting, so this is now set at the higher output level.
Blocked firmware upgrade check (the Go app no longer knows what firmware you are on)

And which specific mod do you use Jos?
2018-1-30
Use props
salmenda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9879 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-29 09:06
Since it works now on iOS and historically android is usually a month or so behind, I'd say within the next 2 months. That gives the android developers time to get their stuff done.

I litterally just got my ipad mini yesterday and tried thr otg cable with no luck. You have no problems??
2018-1-30
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

salmenda Posted at 2018-1-30 07:27
I litterally just got my ipad mini yesterday and tried thr otg cable with no luck. You have no problems??

Nope, I've only tried once and everything worked for me.
2018-1-30
Use props
Arcicorsa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

I do not see the possibilities:

I do not care, I use modded 4.1.15 app with OTG

I do not care, I use official 4.1.15 app with OTG
2018-1-30
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Where can you get the modded app? Anyone have a link - interested in the mavic flight modes.

What are the mavic flight modes this unlocks?
2018-1-30
Use props
BeastMaster_101
First Officer
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Honestly, its DJI, they could bring it back within a split second but will they really? No, cuz its DJI
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your attention. We would inform users if we support OTG cable for spark in the release not. Have fun!
2018-1-31
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Netherlands

DJI Elektra, did you delete my reply showing mavic flightmodes on Spark?I am only reply someone's question
2018-1-31
Use props
fans8a13941d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33862 ft
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-31 01:54
Thanks for your attention. We would inform users if we support OTG cable for spark in the release not. Have fun!

DJI Go 4 4.2.5 for iOS is active and otg cable seems to be working fine, isn't it? is it now supported by DJI?
2018-2-2
Use props
lelie21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126867 ft
Switzerland

Magic fly modes on spark? Plus OTG! Dark side looks to be so more grateful of users
2018-2-2
Use props
Smolly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15712 ft

South Africa

Hate to say it, but if the otg issue is not fixed, I'm also keen to use a mod app.
Losing signal within under a 100m is not on.
I'm not asking for miracles or to break the law, I would just like to get the most out of AC when I travel to beautiful open spaces like I often do.
Come on DJI. Please.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Seems like DJI was lacklustre when adding back OTG support.
2018-2-2
Use props
jrfarrar
lvl.1
United States

Hoping for soon.  My max distance with WIFI(and controller) is 3000 feet (or 1000 meters). From the DJI website for the spark "FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km)"  I'd be happy with just 1 mile if I could get it.  Also I'm trying to understand this.

If you are using the controller, isn't the wifi ONLY connecting to the controller?  If so why does the OTG cable help with distance?  Doesn't the controller talk to the drone and the controller talk to the phone at the same time?  I can see the video signal possibly being better just because of a physical cable and not sending over wifi...but I don't understand a longer drone distance. Can someone help me understand this?
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans8a13941d Posted at 2018-2-2 00:46
DJI Go 4 4.2.5 for iOS is active and otg cable seems to be working fine, isn't it? is it now supported by DJI?

Sir, it is not supported for now. We will inform users if OTG cable is supported.
2018-2-6
Use props
djisharpshooter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17365 ft
India

Hi DJI Elektra,

Just one question will DJI spark support OTG for android ??
I mean is the DJI go 4 app development  for OTG is under progress the reason for asking is we will not be in false hope that it will be supported for spark

Thank you
2018-2-6
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

Hi guys I just saw an update Dji go 4 vr 4.2.6 for android has anyone try it yet?it may fix the OTG cable I may give it a try
2018-2-8
Use props
Daigo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57106 ft
Germany

Tried it yesterday and OTG still shows no readings for the battery etc. So sorry, no support for it in 2.4.6 it seems...
2018-2-8
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

Daigo Posted at 2018-2-8 07:16
Tried it yesterday and OTG still shows no readings for the battery etc. So sorry, no support for it in 2.4.6 it seems...

Ohhh I decided to upgrade it and test it, yet am charging my battery now then i will test it if not then back to black  
2018-2-8
Use props
Smark
Captain
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Finally downgraded to 4.1.15 - using an OTG cable - and I am a happy flier. Everything works and the video is responsive. Finally feeling better about this purchase.
2018-2-8
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132717 ft
Brazil

New App available for android (4.2.6)
I wonder if OTG is back with everything working.
If it is not working, I will stay with 4.1.15.
2018-2-8
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

FelBRax Posted at 2018-2-8 08:51
New App available for android (4.2.6)
I wonder if OTG is back with everything working.
If it is not working, I will stay with 4.1.15.

3 posts above yours someone already tried it still doesn’t work
2018-2-8
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

Confirmed not working
2018-2-8
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.3
Brazil

Yesterday? man ... I wish Google Play Store was the same for all phones, version 4.2.6 was available to me just a few hours ago...

Anyway ...

So, OTG still not working perfectly in this new version? well, ty for the info, I am not even lose time trying to upgrade the app.

I will continue with version 4.1.15 ... witch is working perfectly for me ...
2018-2-8
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.3
Brazil

Smark Posted at 2018-2-8 08:02
Finally downgraded to 4.1.15 - using an OTG cable - and I am a happy flier. Everything works and the video is responsive. Finally feeling better about this purchase.

Same line of thought over here.

I just fell better about my purchase for having the option of OTG, if we had to use the laggy WiFi connection with the controller I would sell my spark for sure and hope for alternatives drone companies to make something as good as DJI does (hardware related speaking)
2018-2-8
Use props
MiNiO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9895 ft
Poland

djisharpshooter Posted at 2018-2-6 03:45
Hi DJI Elektra,

Just one question will DJI spark support OTG for android ??

I am also asking for this information. If otab is not supported, I will consider selling DJI SPARK.
2018-2-8
Use props
Mildman
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-31 01:54

You didnt put anything in the release notes about removing offline maps, whic was a proper feature!  Forgve me for not believing what you say.
2018-2-8
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You actually need to redo this poll and reset it with the current versions of Spark FW and IOS and Android App. The DJI GO4 app was updated only a few days ago for the Air and the Spark FW is currently .900.

OTG Support for IOS and Android has been flaky as it is not tested by DJI as they do FW and App updates. The OTG connection to the Spark is supported by DJI but for the DJI Goggles app only.

DJI have committed to supporting OTG for Android and IOS but no date or timeframe has been published by them. It is unlikely to be a priority as they are dealing with too many other issues with newer product.

I have found you can get a reliable OTG Connection if you connect the cable after the RC has linked with the drone. This connection is recognised 100% of the time if you do this. The only way to get it to work at all for IOS.

The connection and features however may have issues version to version.

2018-2-15
Use props
fans6df632d5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15928 ft
Malaysia

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-15 03:54
You actually need to redo this poll and reset it with the current versions of Spark FW and IOS and Android App. The DJI GO4 app was updated only a few days ago for the Air and the Spark FW is currently .900.

OTG Support for IOS and Android has been flaky as it is not tested by DJI as they do FW and App updates. The OTG connection to the Spark is supported by DJI but for the DJI Goggles app only.

dont think its a question on whether it connects but whether the telemetry is shown. connects perfectly to my android phone but telemetry still not shown. reverted to 4.1.15. hope to be a happy buyer this time
2018-3-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules