871 24 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9e92d8e7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3809 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me, was rather upset to see my new and first done to drop out the sky at random.

Resulting in 3 bent prop shafts, cracked housing and an unknown gimble function?!

Needless to say it is not in a good state, I have reviewed the logs an it looks like a battery issue.

Went from 12.4v to 11v, kinda recovered at one point before plumiting to its death.

I have looked at the cost of repair, it looks cheaper to buy another. However to say this was though no fault of mine I think this is insane, I have literally owned this thing less than 2 months!

What can I do, really loathed to pay anything to repair due to a design fault. Arguable the product was not fit for purpose!

Many thanks in advance

Den
91E416E4-C0C6-478C-9506-740E90515E57.jpeg
5FA3E451-897E-4415-B8FC-4E18A0B25D86.jpeg
2018-1-29
Use props
Jetje200
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14006 ft
Netherlands

it hurts to see a spark in this condition GL
2018-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can upload logs to link below and come back here and post link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Sorry for the crash.

Upload the flight log file here  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Copy the link and paste it here to see the details.
2018-1-29
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

So sad, poor little guy. Send in the log and open a case, can’t hurt to try.
2018-1-29
Use props
fansde510068
lvl.2
United States

Hurts to see him like this hopefully the logs can give some info and maybe help replace him!
2018-1-29
Use props
fans9e92d8e7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NVZPKO8BI6TFIES243GT/ this is the log before the crash, something fishy going on.

2018-1-29
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

the log seems clean. try raising a case with DJI Support. you may need to export the blackbox data from Spark as well.
but as other posts are suggesting, it seems Sport mode may be the issue..i'll let the more experienced forum members to comment.
sorry for your loss.
2018-1-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

sorry for your lost , it looks like another battery drop out

2018-1-29
Use props
fans9e92d8e7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The battery did click and the spark retention clips look ok, and the battery clips seem solid!

Is 12.5v to 11v reasonable at 80+%
2018-1-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

looks ok to me but i'm no expert , your spark damage and flight log are similar to my crash caused by the battery ejecting in sports mode back in september last year
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Den, sorry for the crash accident, we recommend to contact our support to start a ticket and our data analysis team will help to find out the reason if the data is sufficient, if the accident was caused by product itself, the repair will be free of charge, good luck to you.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans9e92d8e7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-29 19:05
Hi Den, sorry for the crash accident, we recommend to contact our support to start a ticket and our data analysis team will help to find out the reason if the data is sufficient, if the accident was caused by product itself, the repair will be free of charge, good luck to you.

Hi,

i have logged a ticket, but i am not sure what i am suppose to do? I don't have a return address or pre paid postage label.

i have been waiting 3-4 days but still nothing, as i do not want to incur any costs can they review the Blackbox and the Flight logs prior to me sending the unit?

Regards
Den
2018-1-30
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

I've seen the log file and there was nothing wrong with the battery.

fans9e92d8e7, was there any birds around at that time? Was it a windy day?

2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans9e92d8e7 Posted at 2018-1-30 00:47
Hi,

i have logged a ticket, but i am not sure what i am suppose to do? I don't have a return address or pre paid postage label.

Den, I'm afraid not, the drone will need to be sent in for data analysis.
May I have the case number so that I check the status for you? Thank you.
2018-1-31
Use props
DenLid
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-1-30 10:04
I've seen the log file and there was nothing wrong with the battery.

Zero wind, and Zero birds it was night time.
2018-1-31
Use props
DenLid
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-31 00:44
Den, I'm afraid not, the drone will need to be sent in for data analysis.
May I have the case number so that I check the status for you? Thank you.

CAS-1422795-Z4D1Z4
2018-1-31
Use props
DenLid
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Am i going to get charged anything to get the broken drone back if i decide not to have it repaired, as i said for something that only lasted 2 months this is terrible.

Really not happy that £500 just dropped out the sky, also knocked my confidence after getting it repaired. I will look to sell if this get repaired FOC, as this is shocking on something i have only flown a hand full of times.  Which can be seen from my Flight Distance!

I don't want to pay anything to get this repaired even postage really, as the product was defective though no fault of my own.

Basically i am looking to cut my losses, I don't want to send it in be charged postal costs both ways.
As i could sell this as a broken unit on eBay to try and recover some of my costs!

Thanks in advance
Den
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DenLid Posted at 2018-1-31 07:00
Am i going to get charged anything to get the broken drone back if i decide not to have it repaired, as i said for something that only lasted 2 months this is terrible.

Really not happy that £500 just dropped out the sky, also knocked my confidence after getting it repaired. I will look to sell if this get repaired FOC, as this is shocking on something i have only flown a hand full of times.  Which can be seen from my Flight Distance!

Den, thanks for getting back to us. I've checked your case, the shipping label has been sent to you, please kindly send it in at your earliest convenience. The local team will take care of it. Data analysis is recommended to check the exact status. If you do not want to repair it, we can arrange return without repair as well.
2018-2-1
Use props
DenLid
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 01:14
Den, thanks for getting back to us. I've checked your case, the shipping label has been sent to you, please kindly send it in at your earliest convenience. The local team will take care of it. Data analysis is recommended to check the exact status. If you do not want to repair it, we can arrange return without repair as well.

I have had nothing though, where/when was this sent?
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DenLid Posted at 2018-2-1 03:20
I have had nothing though, where/when was this sent?

Just to verify, have you received the shipping label? It has been sent to you on 23rd Jan. Please check the spam to see whether it can be found.  If still not, please kindly offer a backup email address, we'll re-arrange for you. Please keep us updated, thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
DenLid
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 22:17
Just to verify, have you received the shipping label? It has been sent to you on 23rd Jan. Please check the spam to see whether it can be found.  If still not, please kindly offer a backup email address, we'll re-arrange for you. Please keep us updated, thanks!

No i have not had anything, please could you send to djshrew@gmail.com
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DenLid Posted at 2018-2-2 00:39
No i have not had anything, please could you send to

Hi Den, the shipping label should've been sent to the email that ends with "co.uk". Please check. And I will also inform the relative team to send again to the account that you provided.
2018-2-2
Use props
DenLid
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Could someone please let me know what has been repaired on this?  I can see this has been processed and repaired, but i am wondering what was found and repaired.
I made it a cracked housing, 3 bent prop shafts, 4 shattered propellers, 1 broken battery. and unknown internal damage.

would also be nice to know the reason for the incident, or what their finding were?

does the warranty renew?
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DenLid Posted at 2018-5-25 06:39
Could someone please let me know what has been repaired on this?  I can see this has been processed and repaired, but i am wondering what was found and repaired.
I made it a cracked housing, 3 bent prop shafts, 4 shattered propellers, 1 broken battery. and unknown internal damage.

Den, I've checked your case, no pilot error found from the log, so it is a warranty case according to the data analysis result. You can find the details in the quotation. The package has been shipped, you will receive it soon.
Also, the warranty will not be renewed, please kindly note and understand.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules