• >>>
Netherlands

Pro for me
2018-1-29
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I like them both for different reasons but as of now I love the Mavic Air for its extreme portability with minimal compromise for its other options, distance, battery etc.
2018-1-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

It's either wifi for the Spark, or enhanced wifi for the Air
The MavicPro has Occusync, which is far better....
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This is interesting because not coming from one of the sponsored "influencers" I believe ;-):
2018-1-29
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I think they both have their place personally. The air is good for those people who want something to play with why they are on vacation. The Mavic pro or for the more serious people. The air is nothing more then an upgrade from the spark. I would never get rid of my MP for the air. I can’t wait for them to come out with the Mavic pro too. Now that will be nice.
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-29 15:03
I think they both have their place personally. The air is good for those people who want something to play with why they are on vacation. The Mavic pro or for the more serious people. The air is nothing more then an upgrade from the spark. I would never get rid of my MP for the air. I can’t wait for them to come out with the Mavic pro too. Now that will be nice.

I am sure that the Pro 2 will be extremely nice whenever it will come.
2018-1-29
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

In my opinion I’ve said it and I will say it again , the Mavic Pro is a beast of a drone , I have both on hand but if I was buying from zero right now , I’ll go for the Pro/ Pro platinum . The Mavic 2 is going to have to be darn good for me to sell my MP to upgrade to it.
2018-1-29
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

It honestly depends on what you want, they advertised Air as a slow motion drone, but i can shoot slo-mo on my Mavic, and also mavic has longer battery, so i think its worth the price, just like the air is worth the price
2018-1-29
Use props
fanscb1ca424
lvl.1
United States

Costco is running the Pro for same price as Air til early Feb. Now I am really confused. Reply Here#
2018-1-29
Use props
Gregormendal
lvl.1

United States

Amazon also has the pro for a similar price as the air. I will be a first drone buyer/flyer soon. If the air had occusync, that would seal the deal. But I’d like to hear how stable the enhanced WiFi is. So for now I’m still on the fence.
2018-1-29
Use props
Glenn Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146939 ft
Australia

I was looking at both Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic Air.

My thought process was:

Noise: Mavic Pro Platinum large margin
Range: Mavic Pro Platinum, Mavic Pro
Battery life: Mavic Pro Platinum, Mavic Pro
Video Quality: Mavic Air due to much higher bitrate
Speed: Mavic Air just
Function: Mavic Air
Portability: Mavic Air by large margin
Front/Rear sensors: Mavic Air only
Adjustable Focus: Mavic Pro Platinum/Mavic Pro - not a big deal
Price: Mavic Air for sure
High wind: Most reporting that Air more stable in high wind than Pro.
Maneuverability: Hands down to Mavic Air.

Mavic Air ended up being choice taking all into account. The Mavic Pro just doesn't trump the Air in enough of these.
At the same price point, this is just a case of pros and cons for almost equal arguments

Pro has:
Range and battery life

Air has everything else:
portability, speed, maneuverability, back sensors, video bitrate, features

It's this list that is possibly the reason most of the vlogger's releasing first thoughts are considering making Air their primary over the Pro/ProP
2018-1-29
Use props
Infosmercial
lvl.2

United States

Glenn Stewart Posted at 2018-1-29 19:48
I was looking at both Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic Air.

My thought process was:

Thank you for posting this Glenn. I have been up in the air about which to get. The fly more for Air is right at my budget max at the moment. I was contemplating the Air brand new or a used Mavic Pro bundle, which I have seen in the $800 range. The portability is the biggest thing to me though. I want to be able to carry this thing every time I go out. The Mavic Pro might be jusssssttttt too much size and weight.

2018-1-29
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

pro and air same price, at least for US users.  pro at costco.com $799 it comes down to size vs flight time/range.
2018-1-29
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

The more limited battery/range and higher noise are turn offs for me and why I'll wait for the Mavic Pro 2.
2018-1-29
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

not more noise, it's quieter than then pro, louder than the platinum
2018-1-29
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I think what ever you end up getting you're going to be happy with, as many other people have said they're both beasts of a drone. I personally really value flight time as an important deciding factor and with that in mind the Platinum would be my drone of choice. This comparison may help you out though.

One thing I would consider is how long is it going to be until the MP 2 comes out? I'm personally very excited for that and am hoping it's before the end of summer! I would imagine the MP 2's bitrate would atleast match that of the Mavic Air, making it a much more inviting option. Anyone else here got any idea when it could be released?

I've read a few things online that the recent price drop in the Mavic Pro hints at a MP 2 release? Guess it's also speculation though so who knows!
2018-4-30
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

I have the Air, but when I was buying had the option to get a refurbed Pro for only £30 more from DJI.

I still went with the Air for a few reasons.

Size & weight.  The Pro is almost twice the weight of the Air, so although it does still fold up small, it was still too big and heavy for one of my main uses, taking it MTBing.
Robustness. The flimsy gimbal on the Pro and the 2 piece cover didn't appeal versus the tough Air gimbal and the well designed one piece cover of the Air.
Slow Mo.  Yes the Pro does 96fps (so about 3x) but the Airs 120 fps (4x) is the better option.
Manoeuvrability.  The small flying size of the Air is great for navigating through small spaces - I did some filming yesterday in a woods of some bluebells, once edited will post but I'd have struggled getting the Pro in the same areas.
Looks. Not that important, but I love the design of the Air, looks so sleek.

With regards to Occusync, yes that's obviously a better tech to connect to the drone with, no denying.  However, I've been in the low power CE mode and easily had 1km flight, and on other occasions connection has been solid and reliable for me.  No complaints with the 'enhanced wifi' from me.  My previous Spark the connection was far inferior so not sure what DJI did to make in enhanced, but it's great.

So to recap, both great drones.  Each have their positives and negatives and are suited to slightly different tasks.  As I want a 4K drone with decent slight time that can fit in a pocket, the Air is perfect for my needs.
2018-4-30
Use props
Heincon
lvl.2

I dont have a mavic pro but im loving my mavic air. It is compact and perfect size for me
2018-4-30
Use props
SebastianShaw
lvl.1

Georgia

Both drones are amazing. They are portable and easy to carry. I'll write about their advantages as well - First of all, Mavic Air has higher bitrate of 100Mbps vs Mavic Pro's 60Mbps, which is why Mavic Air is collecting all the data faster. One of Mavic Pro's big advantages is the controller, because it has Built-In LCD Screen which gives the user more satisfying flight experience. Speaking flight experience Mavic Air is more advanced, because it operates on FlightAutonomy 2.0 and has the APAS (Advanced Pilot Assistance System) - combining it with the 3 directional obstacle sensing makes Mavic Air better pilot than Mavic Pro. As for camera capabilities both of them have 3 Axis Gimbal and Mavic Pro is also able to shoot at 4096×2160 24p, unlike Mavic Air. Mavic Pro also has the bigger flight-time and 3 directional obstacle sensing system comparing with Mavic Pro's 2 directional OSS. In DJI Mavic Air vs Mavic Pro comparison I'd say Mavic Air comes out on top.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules