Is there a OTG cable for P3SE??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 889688 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey guys please bare with me as I'll be the first to admit that I am a nubbie.

I bought a Phantom 3 SE in the last 10 days and it's taken me at least a week before getting to the maiden flight, not least because the WiFi connection to the controller is so hard to establish. Once connected I don't have any lag in the video feed and opperation is smooth enough (as far as I can tell being a nube), just connecting in the first place to run the app.

So after watching videos on YouTube of people using OTG on the SPARK, Phantom 3 standard and Phantom 4 plus a few vids of drones I'm unsure of, I see they're all using OTG cables and some even make recommedations to the fact because of the lag or signal dropping out during a flight.

However I have noticed the Phantom 3 standard and the P4 have a different USB port on the back of the controller and mine is on the front, does this mean I can't use an OTG? Is one even availible for my model? or worst case is the a work around by making a lead and the de-bugging my USB of my phone. (my phone is on android 7.0 and I was trying not to my an iPad unless really necessary)

I should point out that when I say it's taken me a week to get this far I don't mean I've been on it 24-7, more like during time off work etc.
Any help greatfully recieved, thank you.

2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

not possible in our aircrfats ...
2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Im Phantom 3 SE owner ;)
2018-1-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh okay thank you. How do you get on with connecting? Do you use an IOS and is it smoother to connect?
I've waited upto 8 minutes and tried closing/opening the app and WiFi before it finally connects. Seems totally mad concidering the tech involved.
2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-1-29 11:14
Oh okay thank you. How do you get on with connecting? Do you use an IOS and is it smoother to connect?
I've waited upto 8 minutes and tried closing/opening the app and WiFi before it finally connects. Seems totally mad concidering the tech involved.

im poor guy ...
i use android device LG G3 mINI & hUAWEI Y635 L01

2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

both are 1 gb Ram But them run fine with my Phantom 3 SE
2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Did youTried Reinstall the app  ? Clean caches etc ?
2018-1-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The P3S is as the P3SE start the RC and AC first and then connect  the phone to the Phantoms WIFI via WIFI settings and then start the app. OTG is only to spread Voltage between the RC and Mobile.
The latest version of DJI GO fore SE is 3.1.26 on both OS´s(android and iOS)
2018-1-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-29 11:30
im poor guy ...
i use android device LG G3 mINI & hUAWEI Y635 L01

Dude me too, lol.
I'm Using the Motorola G4 2 gb ram and I think the snapdragon processor, cheap phone but still reliable.
2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-1-29 11:51
Dude me too, lol.
I'm Using the Motorola G4 2 gb ram and I think the snapdragon processor, cheap phone but still reliable.

the 2 GB RAM MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
2018-1-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2018-1-29 11:37
The P3S is as the P3SE start the RC and AC first and then connect  the phone to the Phantoms WIFI via WIFI settings and then start the app. OTG is only to spread Voltage between the RC and Mobile.
The latest version of DJI GO fore SE is 3.1.26 on both OS´s(android and iOS)

<The P3S is as the P3SE start the RC and AC first and then connect  the phone to the Phantoms WIFI>

Been starting up that way and tried some other combinations later on as someone pointed out it doesn't aways work. Just checked that build number and it's the same one. I've now found another problem, each time I try to connect, I may get lucky I may not, either I don't always get the camera working every time.
2018-1-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think I might have to ask some friends to let me borrow an iPad etc.... and see if it's the Anroid at fault.
2018-1-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-29 11:53
the 2 GB RAM MAKE THE DIFFERENCE

I'm at 1.6gb of mine right now and that's after clearing the caches.
2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-1-29 12:01
I think I might have to ask some friends to let me borrow an iPad etc.... and see if it's the Anroid at fault.

i would try in plane mode to avoid processes of other applications below ... disable cache recording option in the app ....
2018-1-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-29 12:10
i would try in plane mode to avoid processes of other applications below ... disable cache recording option in the app ....

Oh okay yeah that sounds like a good idea, it does work sometimes not other so might be stacking.
What is Force stop? is that like the same, mine shows a warning saying it could damage the app if I use it.
2018-1-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-1-29 12:16
Oh okay yeah that sounds like a good idea, it does work sometimes not other so might be stacking.
What is Force stop? is that like the same, mine shows a warning saying it could damage the app if I use it.

simply use plane mode , then you can activate wifi anyway , then try if in this mode you get better results
2018-1-29
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-1-29 11:59
Been starting up that way and tried some other combinations later on as someone pointed out it doesn't aways work. Just checked that build number and it's the same one. I've now found another problem, each time I try to connect, I may get lucky I may not, either I don't always get the camera working every time.

that is a common problem esp with certain phone...i got a asus handset which got up to 4GB ram but the video link sometime dont work and lag like craps..but the other phone asus with only 2gb ram works better...so its all based on the handset models u are using...now i am using a xiaomi mi max to fly...so basically this handset is only meant to use on the P3SE......nothing else..
2018-1-30
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-1-29 12:01

I have the Go app on both iOS and android and both running with out a serious issues.
2018-1-30
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quick Update:

Today I had a few friends over and we tested the drone on multiple devices, iPad Air (first gen), a iPhone 5s, a iPhone 6s plus, a HUAWEI phone (couldn't tell you the model) and some nameless Android tablet on the EE network and apart from a short bit of video lag when connected to the iPad Air they all connected first time without any problems. During a flight test I lost signal with the iPad Air but it went out of sight over my house (so my fault), it recovered as soon as it returned via the RTH mode.

So in conclusion the Wifi signal is strong enough and my Motorola G4 phone is the problem and doesn't look like I'll need the OTG cable anyway. I did try another attempt with the Motorola just to be consistant and it still won't connect.
Thanks for the comments guys.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules