Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A few quick questions
824 4 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Texas-Mark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

New Phantom 3 standard owner here with a few questions.

1. Is there a search function on this forum? If there is one, I can't seem to find it.

2. I have downloaded what I believe is the latest user manual, but it still seems out of date with some of the functions. Is there somewhere to find the most up to date directions? See #3 below.

3. Not so much a question as much as a gripe. I have been messing around with the Home Lock function and had a heck of a time figuring out how to make it work. I already had multi flight mode enabled, but flipping S1 down did not cause a pop-up to appear as I had read. So then after some more searching, I saw that you had to first select the IOC menu. Well that was not where I read it was either. I finally found that it is located under the RTH icon. Then the first time I selected it, I got a pop-up that I had to acknowledge blah, blah, blah.  Good thing I was just doing a test flight, and did not need to do this in a rush. Then I had to select the Home Lock option, Then I had to apply that. Just seems to me to be way to many steps to actually turn it on. At a minimum flipping the switch should pop up the options. And selecting one of those options should not require another press to apply what you just selected.
2018-1-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

1.  You should see a magnifying glass icon in the upper right of the page.  Search there.  But it's not a great search.  I like to use google.  Like this:

Phantom 3 standard home lock site:forum.dji.com

2.  I believe the latest manual is dated June 2017  

3.  (I don't have a P3S so maybe somebody else could help you there.)

Good luck

2018-1-29
Use props
Texas-Mark
Second Officer
United States

Ok, apparently the magnifying glass thing does not work with Internet Explorer (I thought that was the search button but it does not do anything). But I just tried it with Chrome and it does work.  

I have the July 2017 manual and it has the wrong info for selecting the IOC modes (on an ipad).  it shows it at the top of the screen next to the GPS icon, and not below the RTH button where it actually is now.
2018-1-29
Use props
Texas-Mark
Second Officer
United States

Oh, one more question. I was searching about how to rename the drone (since I got this used). I found the spot in the app and followed the directions., I had cleared/deleted all flight logs and synced to make sure everything was gone on the DJI servers too. When I start the app, it has the correct new name. I then synced a new flight log with DJI and then used HD Sync to view the data on Airdata. But it still shows the old name there. What am I doing wrong?
2018-1-29
Use props
Texas-Mark
Second Officer
United States

Just another attempt to see if someone can help with the drone name change. Here is what I did.

1. Deleted flight logs from app (IOS).
2. Synced with DJI servers.
3. Synced again to ensure all logs were actually deleted (i.e. after second sync I had no files in app).
4. Deleted log files from Airdata site.
5. With P3S powered up, renamed drone in the app and saved it.
6. Powered everything down and back up again. New name is still in app.
7. Did a few test flights.
8. Synced with DJI servers.
9. Used HD Sync to transfer logs to Airdata site.
10. These new log files on Airdata site still show the old drone name.

Am I missing something, or is the name change in the app not really changing it everywhere it should.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules