Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reset Ronin bluetooth password
50140 18 2014-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nico
New

Switzerland

Hi,
I'm trying to reset the password (bluetooth) of my Ronin. I know there's a way with the PC Assistant but I'm on a Mac... How can I do this ?
Thanks!
2014-10-27
Use props
info
New

Australia

Hi,
A image capture device that tunes off an iphone but you need to use a PC to unlock the Ronin if things go pear shaped.
Macs are computers too and i would think a fair proportion of your buying segment. Cmon DJI get a mac version of the assistant for Ronin.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

It is depressing ..but we only have Window software now
2014-10-28
Use props
asimmons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm almost awestruck that there's no way to reset using a Mac.  I have a Phantom 2, and it has a Mac version Assistant.  I'm genuinely disappointed.  I expect that they'll remedy the problem, or else I'm going to have to return mine.
2014-10-29
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

A Mac assistant will be released shortly.
2014-10-31
Use props
asimmons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's good to hear. But I need to plan my production schedule.  Is there a window set for the release date?
2014-11-1
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
  • >>>
China

A Mac assistant should be released some time this coming week.
2014-11-2
Use props
Cata
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The DNG for mac is now available to download.
2014-11-9
Use props
acaldwell
lvl.1
Australia

Is there any way to reset the ronin bluetooth password using the app?
What is the default password?
I can't even connect it and I need to adjust the gains urgently.
2014-11-27
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
  • >>>
China

There's no way to reset the password via bluetooth. This would be a security issue meaning anyone can then reset your Ronin password and take control of it.
2014-11-27
Use props
parisrem
New

United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 2014-11-28 12:32
There's no way to reset the password via bluetooth. This would be a security issue meaning anyone ca ...

I bought a Ronin from the used department at B&H Photo. I need to be able to reset the password because I'm locked out of being able to use the Assistant App. Please direct me to instructions on how to do that on a Mac or within the App.
2014-12-7
Use props
brian.drywallna
New

Canada

Im still experiencing this problem. Bought a used Ronin and I cant connect via the assistant app. I've managed to connect by PC and can play with the settings there, and Ive even reset the password, but it doesnt tell me what its been reset too. So I still cant login on my mobile. Any solutions or guesses as to what the password is?
2015-7-25
Use props
darrin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

brian.drywallna Posted at 2015-7-25 08:48
Im still experiencing this problem. Bought a used Ronin and I cant connect via the assistant app. I' ...

same issue here defauted ronin for other issues and now locked out!! The reset password doesn't allow a password to be added or provide a hint..does anyone at DJI test the software before release?? This is production equipment rendered useless..sad dji very sad!!!

when reopening the app a new name/password can be set but the go button doesnt work?? on android
when connected to PC via bluetooth asks for password only..no reset option..whats the defalt password??
2016-5-15
Use props
fansf732512f
New

Qatar

info@brisbanehe Posted at 2014-10-27 21:39
Hi,
A image capture device that tunes off an iphone but you need to use a PC to unlock the Ronin if things go pear shaped.
Macs are computers too and i would think a fair proportion of your buying segment. Cmon DJI get a mac version of the assistant for Ronin.

I forgot the password of my dji ronin
Thank you
2017-1-10
Use props
fansf732512f
New

Qatar

info@brisbanehe Posted at 2014-10-27 21:39
Hi,

Thank you
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansf732512f Posted at 2017-1-10 01:52
Thank you

You can connecto to the Gimbal Assistant software in order to reset the password on the Ronin.
2017-1-12
Use props
fanseda59aa3
New

South Africa

Hi guys.

I connected my Ronin (first gen) to the Windows app and click Reset Password, and it said Reset Successful, however I still cannot log in using the app. Please advise what to type in the box that pops up for password? Numbers+letters or either only don't work.
2017-12-2
Use props
fanseda59aa3
New

South Africa

Hi guys.

I connected my Ronin (first gen) to the Windows app and click Reset Password, and it said Reset Successful, however I still cannot log in using the app. Please advise what to type in the box that pops up for password? Numbers+letters or either only don't work.
2017-12-2
Use props
Ryan Merch
New
United States

fanseda59aa3 Posted at 2017-12-2 09:12
Hi guys.

I connected my Ronin (first gen) to the Windows app and click Reset Password, and it said Reset Successful, however I still cannot log in using the app. Please advise what to type in the box that pops up for password? Numbers+letters or either only don't work.

Fanseda59aa3, I am SO SORRY that none of the DJI representatives could properly help you. I was having this same problem yesterday and was looking for answers and was SHOCKED that no one could give you a clear answer. So here is a clear, step-by-step process to fix your issue. And this is for all the others with the same problem now and in the future.

This will work with both the Mac and Windows version of DJI assist. You do need a computer for this reset process.  Download from here: https://www.dji.com/ronin/info#downloads

Open the DJI assist program. On the mac it would open just fine for me. On Windows, the DJI assist window was either not formatted correctly or something was wrong with my display settings, because the app had many words compressed, pushed off the window, and just flat our not visible.

After the DJI assist is open, connect your Ronin to your computer via a micro USB cable. The micro USB port is on the neck of the Ronin. Turn on your Ronin.
Now you should have your parameters being read from your Ronin by your DJI assist desktop app. This lets you know that your Ronin is INDEED connected.
NOW you can go ahead and click the "reset Password" button. It is located on the first page of the DJI assist program ("Basic" - "Gimbal" - "Reset Password")

Now be sure you close your DJI Ronin Assist app on your mobile device (completely kill it, don't just click your home button), and turn off your Ronin.
Now open your DJI Ronin Assist app on your mobile device and turn your Ronin back on. You SHOULD now see a RoninNEW device to connect to in the app. Connect to it and it should prompt you to set a password.

Please be sure to write down your passwords somewhere secure in the future.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules