brand new mavic pro ejects battery in flight
2152 20 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sammoore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683366 ft
Australia

hi . just wondering can anyone help me with this problem ?
having experienced flying harder drones to fly than a mavic i decided to put myself in debt and buy a mavic pro .
after no more than about 5 minutes of flying in a couple of short flights disaster struck .
i had the mavic pro in the air not even a minute when i seen somthing falling from the mavic .next thing the mavic
falls from the sky and on to a neighbours roof , anyhow i was able to retrieve the craft but it was smashed . at first
i thought it had chucked a prop as ive had that happen before on other drones but on inspection all the props were
still on but the battery was not and had been smashed to bits , also the lady who owns the house said she heard a
bang on her tin roof followed by a lighter bang , this suggested to me that it was in fact the battery hitting first being
heavier , then the mavic .
anyhow after contacting dji support i was emailed a shipping label , so after afew weeks of waiting i get a bill for
550 dollars .
how can i get a bill for 550 dollars to fix when it was obvious if they checked the data on the drone and would clearly
see some kind of power failure .so back i goes to dji support and they open a dispute for me and told i have to wait
again for analyisis .
last night i was eventually able to get the flight logs from my phone to my pc and i checked the logs on airdata . it
was plain for me to see there was no objects around that i could have crashed into ..
all i,m asking for is a fair trial as i cannot afford 550 dollars as i have a disability and struggle to make ends meet
without this bill ..
its like i,m in a loop with online support so i thought i would post here ,
here is my original case number CAS-1403088-L8R8N1
can i upload my flight data to this forum ?
any help will be much appreciated as i,m very frustrated
sam moore

2018-1-29
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just PM one of the moderator with your case number and they should be able to help you.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans9553217f
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Spain

I can't imagine how a battery could fall out if it is fitted properly. It clicks into place with 2 seperate catches. Not only that, it rests in the battery recess on top of the drone. (As against hanging from below. I suspect the battery was improperly fitted and broke contact so the drone flipped, dropped out the battery and fell to earth. Perhaps you were rather gentle when you pressed the battery into position and didn't check for the loud click or try to tug it free, before flying.
2018-1-29
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I have had my battery come loose once, but that was after I had a run in with a tree. But nature the battery is seated on top so I can't imagine that it would come loose by itself. Unless the connectors were faulty.
2018-1-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey sam - that really bad luck - unfortunately i am thinking the same as the other posts - the battery cant simply fall out mid flight if it was installed properly.
2018-1-29
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I have seen people not secure the battery all the way when they put it in. Some people get in a hurry and only push on the one side so only the one side is attached. If those batteries are put in correctly they don’t just pop out. When you get your drone back I would call State Farm insurance company and insured. It’s only $60 a year full replacement value. It’s going to save you a whole lot of hassle down the road not to mention money.
2018-1-29
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

No State Farm here in Australia

* hex *
2018-1-29
Use props
sammoore
lvl.1
Australia

of course i checked the battery was fitted properly . with the expense of the drone i wasnt taking any chances , everything was double checked and to be honest i jumped to the conclusion it was the battery ejected .

2018-1-29
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Hexacopter Posted at 2018-1-29 17:30
No State Farm here in Australia

* hex *

I know how sad right?
You can get drone insurance but it costs quite a lot.
2018-1-29
Use props
sammoore
lvl.1
Australia

1 minute flight time on a 100 pecent charged battery and it falls from the sky ? what could have happened
2018-1-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Sorry but the Mavic just cannot eject the battery. You really do need to press down on both sides of the battery to make sure it is locked into place and, sometimes, carrying the Mavic to the takeoff point with your fingers clamped over the battery clips can partially release the battery. You may have to accept this one as user fault.
2018-1-29
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Please upload your flight logs to Phantom help so we can help you.
2018-1-29
Use props
sammoore
lvl.1
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-29 21:49
Sorry but the Mavic just cannot eject the battery. You really do need to press down on both sides of the battery to make sure it is locked into place and, sometimes, carrying the Mavic to the takeoff point with your fingers clamped over the battery clips can partially release the battery. You may have to accept this one as user fault.

and who are you ? are you captain of the ship ? the guy who decides without giving a damn ?

2018-1-29
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

sammoore Posted at 2018-1-29 22:59
and who are you ? are you captain of the ship ? the guy who decides without giving a damn ?

His title does say Captain.  But why do some people that come here with issues are always so defensive?  It could be user error, it could be hardware malfunction, it could be many things, but discrediting an observation or a theory because it doesn't go in your favor is not very helpful to find out why your mavic fell from the sky.
Also, air data sucks for flight diagnostics.  Use this instead http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-1-29
Use props
sammoore
lvl.1
Australia

well i was right they are fixing it free of charge
2018-1-31
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

But you haven't helped anybody else out by not diagnosing what went wrong. Your whole thread is pointless.
2018-1-31
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sam.. It comes down to this.  You came to this forum for help.  A place where the users have a combined Hundreds of flight hours and Thousands of flights.  People who are more than willing to help with our new members and new Mavic Pilots.  That being said...you are a new pilot and I am sure you were very careful in setting up your new drone.  But the fact remains... Your are new to this aircraft.  The chances of you missing something or not fully engaging the battery are very possible.  This does not mean you are some how a bad or irresponsible pilot.  You are just new to this particular aircraft.  These things happen.

I am glad you got a new replacement.  I am right there with you.  Something similar happened to me.  Just take it as a lesson learned and take to the skies as a better prepared pilot.  

Remember, we really like to help on this forum.  When suggestions are made they are made based on all oue combine knowledge.  Please take that with a brain of salt.
2018-2-3
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Puerto Rico

Such nastiness!
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You get 3 points for relying to a post on here mate and Jenee 2 has EARNED over 5,000 points to achieve the highest rank on this forum... Added to his 1.57 million metres of flight distance I think he was giving you his opinion based on extensive experience. Your reply was dismissive, uncalled for and frankly quite rude!
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

sammoore Posted at 2018-1-29 17:37
of course i checked the battery was fitted properly . with the expense of the drone i wasnt taking any chances , everything was double checked and to be honest i jumped to the conclusion it was the battery ejected .

Sir, really sorry for the accident of your drone. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. And you can provide us the case number so we can track it. Thanks for your support and understanding.  
2018-2-4
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Wow, first person i've seen where DJI actually admitted fault to an issue and replaced / fixed it on their behalf. Go get yourself a lottery ticket before the luck runs out!
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules