Beware The Military
1742 13 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USMCCWO
New
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

Iv hade my P4 for a little more than a year, and flew all over the area where I live.  That is untill a month or two ago.  I did the usual up-date and all seemed well untill the 2nd time I atempted to fly.  Evrything booted up as normal but it will not fly.  Will not even start up. NOTHING but a warning on the screen saying im in a restricted area.  I live more than 5 miles from any air field.  I checked B4 you fly and it was normal, I checked the local FFA charts and they were normal.   After some digging a found that the military has outlawed drones on base and apperently in or near any Military Air Space.  I live 3-4 miles from the Base but it seems that now they can restrict any air space they choose to use.  
So beware if you live near a base.  Today your flying, tommorow you have a $1500 paper waight.
2018-1-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Hopefully you'll be able to use your drone a little further away from the NFZ if you travel a little?   Good luck !
2018-1-29
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

That is more of a problem with the DJI Geo Fence program.  The airspace restriction only applies to that airspace directly above base/military reservation land, they could possibly consider a slight bleed over in interpretation of a few hundred feet but it should not extend beyond those limits.  However, Geo Fence looks at everything as a circle, in this case, that will not work as no installation is laid out as a circle.
This is one of the major flaws with that damned system, amongst several others.
2018-1-29
Use props
USMCCWO
New
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-1-29 12:49
Hopefully you'll be able to use your drone a little further away from the NFZ if you travel a little?   Good luck !

We travel a lot and that's the only reason I have not sold it (that and its hard to demo something that don't work)
2018-1-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-29 13:04
That is more of a problem with the DJI Geo Fence program.  The airspace restriction only applies to that airspace directly above base/military reservation land, they could possibly consider a slight bleed over in interpretation of a few hundred feet but it should not extend beyond those limits.  However, Geo Fence looks at everything as a circle, in this case, that will not work as no installation is laid out as a circle.
This is one of the major flaws with that damned system, amongst several others.

If you want accuracy you need a fitness watch, apparently they're very good at setting out the perimeters of military bases :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42853072

There goes the security again
2018-1-30
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Just make a Downgrade. May the no Fly zone is better then.
2018-1-30
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Get a ghost drone. They just fly good. No silly software
2018-1-30
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

T-R Posted at 2018-1-30 05:22
Get a ghost drone. They just fly good. No silly software

Good idea but the problem is that you can't see them.
2018-1-30
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-30 04:57
If you want accuracy you need a fitness watch, apparently they're very good at setting out the perimeters of military bases :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42853072

Yes that is funny
Funnier still, go see how many Chinese or Russian bases you can ID that way...uhmmm?

OPSEC has been complicated a thousand fold with the advent of all the technology a person can carry on their person these days, especially for the west...
Just carrying a cell phone was bad enough then they added cameras and that was the beginning of the end...now watches and glasses...I'd prefer to not see what is coming next.
2018-1-30
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2018-1-30 09:25
Good idea but the problem is that you can't see them.

This is a product name, find in google. Open source software, very helpfully programmers and good hardware....and cheap.  I love it.
2018-1-30
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

T-R Posted at 2018-1-30 18:46
This is a product name, find in google. Open source software, very helpfully programmers and good hardware....and cheap.  I love it.

Looking at the reviews on Amazon Ehang Ghost drone has terrible reviews by many people.
2018-1-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-1-30 19:53
Looking at the reviews on Amazon Ehang Ghost drone has terrible reviews by many people.

Yet they want countries to permit their passenger carrying aircraft to be certified....
2018-1-30
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-30 21:26
Yet they want countries to permit their passenger carrying aircraft to be certified....

That is a scary thought!
2018-1-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

T-R Posted at 2018-1-30 18:46

Can you please be more specific, i only find some Ehang things, and for sure does not look like being Open Sourced so i guess i find something different than you had in mind?
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules