DJI Customer Service Escalation Fail
549 3 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josh.sunvalleyphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1857421 ft
United States

Anyone else experience video feed drops on their Inspire 1 since the latest firmware update?  I own three drones (2 x Inspire 1 Pro and 1s Inspire 1 x3).  Five remotes.  I use an ipad mini V4 and an iphone 6 plus.  Ever since I updated the firmware, I cannot get a consistent video feed to my ios devices.  It basically makes it impossible to film/video record with any level of proficiency.  I can shoot photos but have to wait for the video lag to catch up.  And of course this makes POV flying impossible.  
Very frustrated.  Have updated all software/firmware on all devices.  I have also tried different setup configurations between all of them.  No luck.  Not getting any response from DJI other than they cannot detect anything on their end.  

I've ready about other people having this problem with the i1 and the i2.  Any fixes?

Totally bummed - I've invested in three platforms for my company and none of them are working correctly.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Josh, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties recently, are the footage in SD card normal or just the image transmission? If only the image transmission has the problem, please check the gimbal contact to make sure it is not oxidized, then doubke check the gimbal cable to make sure they are tight enough. Here are the pictures for your reference. contact.png pin.png
2018-1-30
Use props
josh.sunvalleyphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1857421 ft
United States

Thanks for your response.  Only the video feed is bad.   The video on card is fine.  I have this problem with three separate drones and five separate controllers with two different iOS devices.  I had one of my drones repaired by DJI in September 2017 for hardware failure.  They sent it back.  The transmission problem remains.  It is not a hardware issue.  

NOTE:  I did not have these problems before the last firmware update.  

I have contacted DJI on 10 occasions about this.  No lower level customer service reps can assist and it is impossible to get in touch with a higher level technician.  

At this point, my drones are grounded until I can solve the transmission issue.  Very frustrated.  
2018-1-30
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

josh.sunvalleyphoto Posted at 2018-1-30 06:05
Thanks for your response.  Only the video feed is bad.   The video on card is fine.  I have this problem with three separate drones and five separate controllers with two different iOS devices.  I had one of my drones repaired by DJI in September 2017 for hardware failure.  They sent it back.  The transmission problem remains.  It is not a hardware issue.  

NOTE:  I did not have these problems before the last firmware update.  

Check out the thread" Worst video lag and green screen" you will see 2 pages discussing your problem (I have the same issue) Donnie has some great suggestions and I hope you can find a solution .I you read my issue you will laugh at my service experience. Good luck
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules