123Next >
5861 86 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257428 ft
Mexico

hi friends, I  know we´ve all lost the signal or control of the spark at some point, but I would  like to know how many times and why that happened?, how you solved it?  and How did you feel when spark was going away?
(if it happened)
Single SelectVote, Total 296 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I actually never lost control of my spark so far.
But I only let it cruise in my line of sight and in open areas.
2018-1-29
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

once, but it returned to my control in short order and was landed safely.
2018-1-29
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Never.         
2018-1-29
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

When reviewing a flight log file i noticed the comment that signal was lost for about 1 second.   The drone was about 100m high, 370m out in the country with no buildings and few if any other wifi sources around.  Did not know the signal was lost during the flight, so would be hard to say how often it happens.
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_yxfdr03jCyHh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

Once at takeoff it just took off about 2 meters high. It thought I was in Germany but actually I was in Canada. Scared me but no damage. Landed in snow.
2018-1-29
Use props
ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Mexico

djiuser_yxfdr03jCyHh Posted at 2018-1-29 15:26
Once at takeoff it just took off about 2 meters high. It thought I was in Germany but actually I was in Canada. Scared me but no damage. Landed in snow.

Your story caused me terror, XD, the first time I see that
2018-1-29
Use props
ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Mexico

spookster Posted at 2018-1-29 14:33
I actually never lost control of my spark so far.
But I only let it cruise in my line of sight and in open areas.

I agree with you, it is better to fly it always in sight
2018-1-29
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Never lost control.  It has good links.  Once the video started breaking up at 1000 feet or so.  It did it because I lifted the screen up to block the sun on it only to wind up pointing the antennas at myself.  Lost video to the spark but gained video from an overhead satellite.  Tilted the controller back down and raced the Spark back to me.
2018-1-29
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Never, but I always fly VLOS.
2018-1-29
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

App was crashing bad a few updates ago.
But never lost control of the drone, just the app crashing.
Glad I read about it on forum so when it did happen I didn't FREAK!!!
2018-1-29
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

Lost signal many times (never managed to fly more than 400m away), but never lost control
2018-1-29
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Have two instances, one for loss of signal due out of range, second due Drone going behind an obstruction. Both were loss of signal to the RC, fortunately safe RTH.
2018-1-29
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

Crashing app freaks me a bit, there's the RC then.
But once a sudden gust took it away in seconds right after it reported "magnetic filed" [sic] interference and gone to ATTI in the middle of nowhere. No RTH, only to pray that it gets GPS again, which it did about 50m further away. RTH then immediately.
2018-1-29
Use props
Cubi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27776 ft
Germany

I'm losing connection pretty often, even after my RC has been replaced. It's better than before but I still keep having connection issues. Last time it happened when I was at a height of 70m and range of 300m. But I learned that losing connection isn't really a huge issue. Spark RTH function does what it is supposed to do and the drone always came back to it's starting point.
2018-1-30
Use props
fans209e8746
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754872 ft
Australia

I’ve lost gps once in 140 flights don’t know why it was windy and I hadn’t experienced no gps and it flew into a tree but it’s ok
2018-1-30
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I never lost signal of my Spark. I always fly within the range (well below 100m altitude and 300m distance) and ensure I keep VLOS at all times. It helps to keep my Spark safe and enjoy my drone flying.
2018-1-30
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Never lost control but lose video signal every flight, especially over 70M away!!! (I am Uk user who sadly has a Samsung S8)
2018-1-30
Use props
manolism
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

headshot9 Posted at 2018-1-29 20:08
Lost signal many times (never managed to fly more than 400m away), but never lost control

The  same.
2018-1-30
Use props
Madseason
lvl.2
United States

Voted once but have to be honest. I'm pretty sure it was my fault. I had only had it for a couple of days and didn't have the safety checklist I now use before flying. I'm almost certain it was compass interference created by me trying to calibrate it some 15 feet away from overhead powerlines Now I go through a 5 step process of checking stuff before flying and I never calibrate anything unless the drone prompts. Not one issue since. I've learned that these drones can really be fail safe if you take the time to understand them. I was very luck because the drone shot through the gap between the power lines without touching them and then I landed it safely.
2018-1-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

munchausen Posted at 2018-1-29 22:36
Crashing app freaks me a bit, there's the RC then.
But once a sudden gust took it away in seconds right after it reported "magnetic filed" [sic] interference and gone to ATTI in the middle of nowhere. No RTH, only to pray that it gets GPS again, which it did about 50m further away. RTH then immediately.

Gutsy move to put the autopilot in charge of flying the drone home, at slow speeds, when GPS is cutting out.  Putting it in Sport mode and racing back manually seems safer.
2018-1-30
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

twice + , battery fell out of no.1 spark and crashed to the ground, second time was delibrate to see what happens when the rc unit battery goes flat during flight, third run the spark battery to flat during hover to see what happens.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Twice but regained both times and landed safely - sold it after the second time.
2018-1-30
Use props
ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Mexico

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 15:04
Twice but regained both times and landed safely - sold it after the second time.

Of the drones you have had, which one do you think is the best?
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ADM-Frank Posted at 2018-1-30 22:11
Of the drones you have had, which one do you think is the best?

For my personal needs the Mavic Pro Platinum has been the best all round drone that I have owned although the Phantom 4 Pro has the best camera. I've also flown a friends Inspire 2 X5S but yet to own one of those LOL
2018-1-30
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

2 times of 350 flights. Both times the Spark came back safely. BTW, you can't answer 2 in the poll
2018-1-31
Use props
ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Mexico

Bing Err Posted at 2018-1-31 02:58
2 times of 350 flights. Both times the Spark came back safely. BTW, you can't answer 2 in the poll

you're right, the correct way would be two or more, thanks for the info
2018-2-2
Use props
ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Mexico

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 23:54
For my personal needs the Mavic Pro Platinum has been the best all round drone that I have owned although the Phantom 4 Pro has the best camera. I've also flown a friends Inspire 2 X5S but yet to own one of those LOL

XD, I'm thinking about getting a mavic pro, but I'm waiting to see if the mavic pro 2 comes out
2018-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is tough as you don’t want buyers remorse but equally you do want the next step ASAP! It’s important you make the right choice as selling and buying drones loses you a lot of cash. The Mavic Pro is a great drone, the Platinum slightly better due to the added flight time and quieter motors but there are also some great deals now on the Alpine White and even better on the original MP. The ‘MP2’ hasn’t been announced and nobody can say when it’s coming - the Mavic Air also looks like a great upgrade to the Spark
2018-2-2
Use props
ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Mexico

A CW Posted at 2018-2-2 14:50
It is tough as you don’t want buyers remorse but equally you do want the next step ASAP! It’s important you make the right choice as selling and buying drones loses you a lot of cash. The Mavic Pro is a great drone, the Platinum slightly better due to the added flight time and quieter motors but there are also some great deals now on the Alpine White and even better on the original MP. The ‘MP2’ hasn’t been announced and nobody can say when it’s coming - the Mavic Air also looks like a great upgrade to the Spark

thanks for the advice, friend, then I will wait a little longer to plan what will be the next drone to buy
2018-2-2
Use props
Chirpz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
United States

Often, but we do have a lot of wifi interference in our area.  I loose visual connection to my Ipad 4 mini, but I do not loose control of the ship.  I always pay close attention to the direction the ship is pointing so that if I do loose the connection, I can still fly home on dead reckoning.  I do not trust the RTH feature and would never use it unless there is no other option.
2018-2-3
Use props
Beario
lvl.3
United States

I've never lost signal but I've never flown with anything other than the remote controller.  I do not think flying with a phone is ideal and I wont ever fly without the remote.
2018-2-3
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have received weak signal messages but never have lost control of the drone. The few times this has occurred have been at the beginning of a flight when the drone was close by and could be landed easily.
2018-2-4
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Recently, it happens on almost EVERY flight with my Spark - sad, but true!!!
2018-2-5
Use props
Velospinner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 532671 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No loss of signal or control so far. But I always fly VLOS, for me this means 150 m at max. - distance and/or height.
2018-3-17
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

After reading this I think I want to calibrate something or update a firmware because I loose signal a lot, sometimes a few times on each flight.  I don't have a incredible range on it either sometimes I cannot even break 500 meters.... I got to 1000 meters once but, I was sitting in my attic with the remote basically out of the window.  I might have been able to go further however, hitting the 1000 meters was accomplishment enough for me since most flights in that direction have signal lose.  
2018-3-17
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

Oh forgot to add that all of the times that I have lost signal only three times I lost GPS and had to fly home to me in ATTI mode.  I have had a few instances recently that with GPS lock and 10+ sats the Spark has drifted and wont hover still... I snatched it out of the air last week because I was trying to land it in a parking lot that had little poles that had reserved spaces signs and it was drifting right for a cluster of them and I didn't want to accidently over correct and break a prop.  
2018-3-17
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

I have had it lose connection intermittently when i was flying at 600+ metres away, but it was usually only for a moment,  I think the longest I have lost connection was probably about 20 seconds.  I do not fly unless I get confirmation in the app that the homepoint is set though, so i have not worried so far.
2018-3-18
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

I loose signal often, but always have a home point set near me. When it happens I usually try to make it ascend for better gps and rc reception.
2018-5-26
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft

Never really lost control.

Just lost the signal a couple of times, due to distance and urban interference.

Both times, the Spark faithfully flew home.

Sid
2018-5-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules