Non-cinematic footage (Powerdirector)
1139 12 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

So i have two questions this time.
The first one is: is there a way to, when editing your footage, see it in 1080p in powerdirector or is it only possible to view it in 1080p after rendered?

My second question is why does my mavic footage have flickering blacks and whites, I'll link a video but if you look you can see the white lines in the parking lot moving, and that really throws me off.

Also a side note, how should i be editing my photos so look up tables work? they look insanely blown out now when i put them on my photos and videos

Thanks for any responses i get, please help

IronicGull
2018-1-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Powerdirector creates "shadow Files" to make editing easier and faster.  Go to Setup and I believe its under display to change the resolution of your shadow files.  If you have more questions about Powerdirector, check out Maleke at Powerdirector University.  His older vids are sorta dry, but his later one are informative and funny .  

https://www.youtube.com/user/vigor2001/videos?view=0&sort=p&shelf_id=2

as for the flickering, no idea there... sorry
2018-1-29
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-1-29 15:47
Powerdirector creates "shadow Files" to make editing easier and faster.  Go to Setup and I believe its under display to change the resolution of your shadow files.  If you have more questions about Powerdirector, check out Maleke at Powerdirector University.  His older vids are sorta dry, but his later one are informative and funny .  

Thank you, I will try that shadow file possibility, but LUTS haven't done much, and I cant make it look better, even in premiere
2018-1-29
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-1-29 15:47
Powerdirector creates "shadow Files" to make editing easier and faster.  Go to Setup and I believe its under display to change the resolution of your shadow files.  If you have more questions about Powerdirector, check out Maleke at Powerdirector University.  His older vids are sorta dry, but his later one are informative and funny .  

Thank you, I will try that shadow file possibility, but LUTS haven't done much, and I cant make it look better, even in premiere
2018-1-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I've downloaded a few LUTS files also...  and like you, I haven't seen much improvement.  I just do the color enhance and go from there.  
2018-1-29
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

RE: White Lines  -- this can be from poor anti-aliasing when transcoding from higher res to lower res video, or when shooting at >30 FPS in 1080p, which, at least on older Mavic Pros result in lower quality video.
2018-1-29
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-29 15:57
RE: White Lines  -- this can be from poor anti-aliasing when transcoding from higher res to lower res video, or when shooting at >30 FPS in 1080p, which, at least on older Mavic Pros result in lower quality video.

I got my Mavic in October of this year

As for the anti-aliasing, how do i fix this?
2018-1-29
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

ironicgull68 Posted at 2018-1-29 16:04
I got my Mavic in October of this year

As for the anti-aliasing, how do i fix this?

We'll need to know more about how you are shooting: what frame rate and video resolution are you using in your example video?
2018-1-29
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-29 16:24
We'll need to know more about how you are shooting: what frame rate and video resolution are you using in your example video?

I believe it was 60 fps in the max which i believe is 1080, but i also remember something about 2.7k footage
2018-1-29
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

ironicgull68 Posted at 2018-1-29 16:28
I believe it was 60 fps in the max which i believe is 1080, but i also remember something about 2.7k footage

So it could be either of the scenarios I described -- poor transcoding from 2.7K to 1080p in Powerdirector, which might be fixable by a configuration change, confess I'm not at all familiar with that app, or quality loss due to 60FPS in 1080 mode.

For the former, if 2.7K video straight off your card looks good, then you might be doing something wrong when you transcode it to 1080p, or maybe Powerdirector just doesn't do a very good job in that area. You can test the latter by reshooting the parking lot in 1080p 30FPS and 60FPS modes and compare the results.

Hope this helps.
2018-1-29
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-29 17:05
So it could be either of the scenarios I described -- poor transcoding from 2.7K to 1080p in Powerdirector, which might be fixable by a configuration change, confess I'm not at all familiar with that app, or quality loss due to 60FPS in 1080 mode.

For the former, if 2.7K video straight off your card looks good, then you might be doing something wrong when you transcode it to 1080p, or maybe Powerdirector just doesn't do a very good job in that area. You can test the latter by reshooting the parking lot in 1080p 30FPS and 60FPS modes and compare the results.

thanks mate, will test all of those and see if i can play around in power director
2018-1-30
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

thanks mate, will test all of those and see if i can play around in power director
2018-1-30
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules