Video issues
896 5 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans773350f4
lvl.1
United States

So couple months ago I had plans to go flying with a friend who was interested in buying my Mavic.  The night before I set the drone up and updated the firmware.  When we tried to fly the next day the video displayed was horrible.  It was alternating pinks and green...distorted badly enough that you couldnt make out what you were looking at.  Occasionally part of the display would be completely fine while the rest was messed up. Still pictures from the drone are not affected at all.  They look great.  It's just the video that's bad.  At first I blamed it on the tablet I was using at it was the first time flying with that device but that turned out to not be the issue. I ended calling DJI support and they had me send it in.  They since told me that the issue is with the gymbal.  Does that make sence to anyone?  I've had a drone with the gymbal shake error so I've experience with what to expect when the gymbal fails to stabilize...and this is nothing like it.  If this problem occurred on a computer it would be either bad firmware/drivers or a bad video card.  I've tried trading emails with the tech but I just get vague non-answers back like " The gymbal and the camera are one unit".  Ok great I get that but how does a bad gymbal/camera unit affect the video but not the still photos?  So can someone please enlighten me?  Am I wrong in thinking this is miss diagnosed or does it make total sense?

Oh ...one other question/complaint that noone will answer.  Why am I being charged for a set of Propellers?  I get it they need to test fly but I shouldn't be charged for props.  I don't need another set of props.  I have 6 already. I didn't send a set with the drone.  I don't expect or need another set to come back with it.  Keep that set for the next drone you're testing.

I'm going to attach a link to a youtube video I found where the guy is having a similar issue so you can see what I am talking about.

Rob
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rob, we are so sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing now, the original footage is saved in the SD card and the issue you are having is the image transmission, what mobile device are you using? Is it with strong decoding ability? Have you checked the image transmission outside just in case the signal is interrupted? Besides, have you tried to flash the firmware again to see if the issue persists?
As for the propeller charge, may I have the previous case number? So that I can check more details for better support. Thank you.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans773350f4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-29 23:31
Hi Rob, we are so sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing now, the original footage is saved in the SD card and the issue you are having is the image transmission, what mobile device are you using? Is it with strong decoding ability? Have you checked the image transmission outside just in case the signal is interrupted? Besides, have you tried to flash the firmware again to see if the issue persists?
As for the propeller charge, may I have the previous case number? So that I can check more details for better support. Thank you.

Hi Mindy thanks for writing me back.

The device i am using is a Samsung Galaxy tablet.  I'm not sure what you are asking about when you ask about "checking the image transmission outside".  I've only flown the  Mavic outside.

The problem occurred right after updating the firmware so it was up to date at the time.  I had thought about trying to roll it back to a previous version or even resetting back to factory but when I researched how to do so the folks online said it was a bad idea and suggested that if that was actually needed to leave it to the techs at DJI to do.  That's when I called in and started the support process.

The case was CAS-1371635-G7K7T4.      

At this point I had given up and used my DJI care.  Thanks for taking a look.

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propellers        2        9.00        18.00
Gimbal and Camera Module        1        101.00        101.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        79.00
Total Payment:                        79.00

Rob
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans773350f4 Posted at 2018-2-3 22:33
Hi Mindy thanks for writing me back.

The device i am using is a Samsung Galaxy tablet.  I'm not sure what you are asking about when you ask about "checking the image transmission outside".  I've only flown the  Mavic outside.

Hi Rob, sorry for the late response and appreciate your clarification, have you tried another mobile device with stronger decoding ability? Per the video, only the image transmission in mobile device is not well, you can also try to reset camera settings.
If the issue persists, I'm afraid the drone will also need to be sent in for further evaluation.
2018-2-6
Use props
fans773350f4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 02:19
Hi Rob, sorry for the late response and appreciate your clarification, have you tried another mobile device with stronger decoding ability? Per the video, only the image transmission in mobile device is not well, you can also try to reset camera settings.
If the issue persists, I'm afraid the drone will also need to be sent in for further evaluation.

The video saved on the SD card on the Mavic was also distorted not just what was sent to the  mobile device.  And the drone was sent in.  They told me it was a problem with the gimbal.   Once it's back here I'll try again with both of my mobile devices.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans773350f4 Posted at 2018-2-6 20:59
The video saved on the SD card on the Mavic was also distorted not just what was sent to the  mobile device.  And the drone was sent in.  They told me it was a problem with the gimbal.   Once it's back here I'll try again with both of my mobile devices.

OK, our repair team will take care of it, hope the issue will get addressed soon.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules