Repair vrs Refresh
863 12 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicMan5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

Unfortunately I crashed my Mavic again and had to use my 2nd and last Dji Refresh Express. I notified Dji via email and in the email I thought I would gather some info regarding refresh policy so I asked a simple question. I asked if I ever had a minor issue that I could repair myself, could I do the repair and save my dji refresh for a catastrophic incident. But I made it clear in the email that I was only asking but wanted to proceed with my second Dji refresh.
Somehow the word "repair" triggered some lady by the name of April, to ship my drone and remote to texas and then asked me to pay $215, which I did; all the while thinking it odd they didnt ship to california as before and charged me $215 instead of $139 as stated in the Dji policy.

A few days later I got the trigger that told me something was wrong when I received an email stating that they were accessing the damage and would send me a "quote". I emediately called and after the usual lengthy hold, I get a lady by the name of Rain, one of the hundreds of support staff who simply read from scripts and limited in their ability to make decisions with regards to help solve issues. Instead they simply take notes and forward the info to someone else.

I asked Rain to speak to her supervisor. He wasny available but called me back within five or ten minutes. I told him a little portion of my situation and then asked if he understood everything I said, which he replied with a yes. I spilled the entire storry and he advised me that he would get things streightened out, ship me a replacement drone and their policy states, and locate my remote and ship it all 2nd day air.

Its not 4 days later and since i have spoken to three more individuals, one of which said he too would ship my drone and controller back promptly and refund me the overpayment. No sooner did I get off the phone that I get an email stating I needed to pay $139 for the Dji refresh express... really.

I called back yet again just now and got yet another operator who seemed quite frustrated due to the huge amount of calls they are receiving. She even went as far as to tell me i was just one frome many countries calling; I suppose I was suppose to feel at ease knowing my drone was simply stacked in a mountain of other drones awaiting service.

I decided to agree to sit quietly for the next five days and see what happens, which is the time the last operator said it would take for final processing.

in summary, I know Dji refresh works but i advise anyone who is planning on sending their drone, just figure on it taking three weeks. They are simply overwhelmed; a simple case of supply barely keeping up with demand, and support getting swamped in the process.

I have a second Mavic and flew it quite a bit this weekend sitting in my car and flying with my dji goggles. I have to say that Dji's product is awesome to say the least. I had to remind myself I was sitting in my car in the middle of a field, totally emersed. Landing while looking at myself sitting in the car was like an out of body experience. Hopefully Dji's service will catch up with their product by being just as spectacular.
2018-1-29
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

There is a simpler solution to all this. Just call State Farm insurance company and get it insured not only is it cheaper but it’s much better. $60 a year to ensure my MP. To me this is a no-brainer.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

That must have been frustrating for you, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support, just to clarify, you haven't received the refund and the replacement yet, right? If so, may I have the case number so that I check more details and escalate the case for you? Thank you.
2018-1-29
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
United States

sorry for the delayed response.
Try all these. I'm not sure which case is the origional. All I know is it has been changes so much that I have lost track.

CAS-1448584-D5J2B4
CAS-1389237-WOQ3P2 CRM
CAS-1426403-Q9M5N6

2018-1-30
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
United States

I believe the last one was the one created by mistake by april because it shows where they asked for my drone and remote. The first refresh they only asked for the drone. Maybe you can tell me whats going on.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MavicMan5 Posted at 2018-1-30 17:01
I believe the last one was the one created by mistake by april because it shows where they asked for my drone and remote. The first refresh they only asked for the drone. Maybe you can tell me whats going on.

CAS-1389237-WOQ3P2 and CAS-1448584-D5J2B4 all are the correct case number, the payment has been confirmed in CAS-1389237-WOQ3P2, but CAS-1448584-D5J2B4 was also created, we are sorry for the mess, I have escalated the case to local team to verify if the overpayment can be refunded, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-30
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 23:53
CAS-1389237-WOQ3P2 and CAS-1448584-D5J2B4 all are the correct case number, the payment has been confirmed in CAS-1389237-WOQ3P2, but CAS-1448584-D5J2B4 was also created, we are sorry for the mess, I have escalated the case to local team to verify if the overpayment can be refunded, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.

are all three cases for the same drone?  I have been told that everything is now held up in accounting. I have spoken to and emailed several people at Dji in an effort to get this issue resolved. One person was going to have my replacements shipped back overnight, but unfortunately I never received them. I have been told by so many people that they would take care of the issue and get me my replacement Mavic,  but nothing ever changed. I'm  simply waiting to see what happens.
2018-1-31
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 23:53

i forgot to add one thing Mindy.

On my Dji account page I have a reminder to pay $139.

I have paid to have both my Mavic's to be covered under Dji refresh.

I have also paid for one case resulting from a crash of one of the drones

I paid for a second case in the amount of $217, as a result of a crash of the same drone (this is the case that iis active now. The one that got mixed up and sent to Texas for repair, as opposed to going through the Dji refresh as my  first case did}

All was paid in full through Paypal. I am due a refund so I can understand why I have a panding balance. It seems accounting needs to transfer  $139 out of the $217 they charged me by mistake and than as you said, refund me the balance.

It apears that the balance on my account may have the system locked awaiting my payment. Can you check that and see if you can get accounting to correct this.

Thanks Mindy for looking into this for me.

2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MavicMan5 Posted at 2018-1-31 02:17
i forgot to add one thing Mindy.

On my Dji account page I have a reminder to pay $139.

All the three cases for the same drone, I'm sorry about this. Mindy has escalated your case to the Care team for investigation. They will take care of this and get it addressed shortly. We'll keep follow and update here as well.
2018-2-1
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 01:23
All the three cases for the same drone, I'm sorry about this. Mindy has escalated your case to the Care team for investigation. They will take care of this and get it addressed shortly. We'll keep follow and update here as well.

im not sure but I think this is the original agreement and case. As you can see, there is one refresh left which is what I have been trying to use.  

BASIC INFORMATION BACK
AGREEMENT NUMBER        AIRCRAFT SERIAL NUMBER        START DATE        END DATE        REMAINING TIMES
4UGD8OS2NPL51TBJ        08QCEBHP02AJD9        2017/12/27        2018/12/26        1

REPAIR INFORMATION
CASE NO.        DATE CREATED       
CAS-1357978-K0T0M2        2018-01-11 11:26:46       
SERIAL NUMBER REPLACEMENT RECORD
OLD AIRCRAFT SERIAL NUMBER        NEW AIRCRAFT SERIAL NUMBER        DATE CREATED
08QCEBQP02B35C        08QCEBHP02AJD9        2018-01-11 13:14:40
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MavicMan5 Posted at 2018-2-1 01:44
im not sure but I think this is the original agreement and case. As you can see, there is one refresh left which is what I have been trying to use.  

I've checked your case and found that the new package has been shipped. I'll PM you the tracking number , please check later.
2018-2-1
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 22:09
I've checked your case and found that the new package has been shipped. I'll PM you the tracking number , please check later.

The new package they shipped was simply a battery and a set of propellers. They weren't able to ship me my drone and remote overnight due to being out of stock.

It seems that demand has overcome supply. hopefully it will be resolved soon.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MavicMan5 Posted at 2018-2-3 03:11
The new package they shipped was simply a battery and a set of propellers. They weren't able to ship me my drone and remote overnight due to being out of stock.

It seems that demand has overcome supply. hopefully it will be resolved soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, hope you will receive your drone very soon.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules