Cannot Load Firmware List
26854 24 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

Just trying to update my Mavic Pro as I received a new one through Care Refresh.  I have linked to the RC successfully.  It wants me to update the No-Fly zones, but it wont do it through the RC - says "Contact DJI if the problem persists".  So I connect using DJI Assistant (ver 1.1.0-2) and it cannot load the firmware list.  I have disconnected and reconnected several times.  Any ideas?  I have used DJI Assistant many times in the past successfully.

Error screen

Error screen

2018-1-29
Use props
PilotX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60771 ft
Netherlands

I have the same screen for my Phantom 4 Pro Plus!
Schermafbeelding 2018-01-30 om 03.42.45.png
2018-1-29
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks PilotX - I am not alone then.

Status at present is that I have just updated DJI GO4 app to latest version on my device and am now in the process of trying to update firmware via the device WiFi/RC connected to aircraft.  Takes more than 30 mins, started with a 100% battery, hope it lasts...
2018-1-29
Use props
Numpty12345
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34042 ft
United States

I had to delete and reinstall assistant on my mac for it to show FW
maybe try that
2018-1-29
Use props
Numpty12345
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34042 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/oNd1nJnSDUo
also this might help
2018-1-29
Use props
StarboyDJI
New

United States

I'm having the same issue. I can't update the "precise fly safe database" on my Spark from either the Assistant 2 program on my PC or on my phone on the Go 4 app.  

Looks like there are numerous reports of this today from what I've found on this forum so far.  I'm guessing there might be something widespread going on, but I haven't tried calling support and probably won't get a chance to due to their support hours vs when I work.  Anyway, just thought I'd share what I found so far:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-132118-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-132128-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-132087-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-132213-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-132208-1-1.html
2018-1-29
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks Starboy - I managed to update the firmware via the app, but as yet am having the same result as you with the "precise Fly Zones" - just wont update.  Looks like we can just wait till they sort it out.
2018-1-29
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Ensure you've connecting things in the proper order.  I haven't done it in awhile, but you can google "mavic firmware updates" and get a video on it.  I recall in the video that the order of connecting and powering up things is important.
2018-1-29
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Iraq

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-1-29 20:40
Ensure you've connecting things in the proper order.  I haven't done it in awhile, but you can google "mavic firmware updates" and get a video on it.  I recall in the video that the order of connecting and powering up things is important.

Same here o my Mavic pro via phone app....PreciseFlysafeDatabaseUpdate not updating ,

2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, for those who have the issue to load the firmware on DJI Assistant 2, please first ensure if you are using version v1.2.0, please update the app if you are not, if you are using this version, please kindly provide me with the log of the DJI Assistant 2 for a further help.
The route to the file is in following: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\log. Appreciate your help.
2018-1-29
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

DJI_Thor how do we send you the log files?
2018-1-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem installing the latest Precise Flysafen Database from DJIGO4 (Android V4.2.4) to my Mavic PRO. I suppose this is because DJI has problems with their programming (again again and again).   

Regards Leif.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Hi there, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. The database issue has been aware and fixed at this moment. Please try to refresh and check again. Regarding the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to reinstall the latest version to confirm. If still no helps, please refer Thor's reply and send us the log by Dropbox or Google Drive. Thanks so much!
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tex21 Posted at 2018-1-29 22:44
DJI_Thor how do we send you the log files?

Tex, please upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link here, thanks!
2018-1-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, you can also solve this problem by deleting the requirement for updating the Precise Flysafen Database. That's why it seems normal again.   

Regards Leif.
2018-1-30
Use props
JimmmyWA
New
Flight distance : 493658 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-30 00:19
Update: Hi there, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. The database issue has been aware and fixed at this moment. Please try to refresh and check again. Regarding the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to reinstall the latest version to confirm. If still no helps, please refer Thor's reply and send us the log by Dropbox or Google Drive. Thanks so much!

As a software developer, I think it is terrible that:

A. There is no update function in the DJI Assistant App (unless the new version has it)
B. That no notification was sent to DJI owners of the new App
C. That the previous app's functionality is broken when the new version has been released.

Imagine how many owners have been resetting their hardware back to the factory reset - as it suggests - when the firmware list fails to load!
2018-1-31
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

JimmmyWA Posted at 2018-1-31 18:20
As a software developer, I think it is terrible that:

A. There is no update function in the DJI Assistant App (unless the new version has it)

I agree with that, The brick the old version assistant but guess what, you can have both
2018-2-1
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Brand new platy pro and I cant make it update the zone firmware.

Ive already done a SPARK so I know what to do, far out $2500 sitting there doing nothing and now I have to send files to DJI or something I am never going to figure this out what a bad choice of drone maybe I can get a cash back from PAYPAL because it is not FIT FOR PURPOSE?
2018-2-7
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

OK got it done, airspace data and FW Update.

Don't know why it didn't work in Assistant2 but it worked on the second try with iPhone GO4 and wifi.

It's pretty good software I think it's just a bit wobbly in parts.

Now to attempt to buy the CARE Insurance. It is advertised as $USD99.00 on DJI>COM but using GO4 it wants to charge me $AUD200.

That is $USD156.00 so I don't know why we have to pay 50% more tham Americans, but Apple do the same thing here, charge 30% extra because they can.

2018-2-7
Use props
rstekeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167477 ft
United States

I had the same problem last night with the can't load firmware list. I believe it has something to do with the drivers and Windows 10. I finally gave up installed the assistant 2 on a fresh windows 10 on a Macbook with bootcamp and it connected showed the firmware list and I was able to update the firmware.
2018-2-21
Use props
fans4ea40516
New
United States

just uninstall the dji assistant 2 software from your computer and reinstall the latest version, you must uninstall the old version first!, then do the rest from the app, good to go
2018-3-3
Use props
Saturnnatar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 888425 ft

If it is of any help, I've just had the Firmware List in the Assistant locked somehow on the search mode... Didn't detect anything on my Mavic 2 Zoom. I stopped Assistant, deactivated the firewall from BitDefender. Restarted Assistant and Windows 10 Firewall asked me for permission for vision-something from Assistant (an executable of this software). I pressed "Allowed".

Voila, list of Firmware appeared, everything worked well.

BitDefender did interfere with the installation of Assistant, considering it to be some sort of malware or something.

So please check your firewall or antivirus. It might help...

It was a surprise for me.

Cheers!
2018-9-17
Use props
djiuser_QmPqIzCklHWW
New
Flight distance : 43114 ft
United Kingdom

I too got a Mavic2 pro last week, spent two days trying to update firmware with Assistant2, every time 15 -20% dropped connection, tried all suggestions on this list to no avail. So today being a calm and sunny day decided to try my first flight, which was very successful, After a few celebratory gin & tonics, a moment of inspiration.... I bought a new laptop to run things on. WINDOWS FIREWALL, turned it off, restarted everything and Bingo all firmware downloaded first attempt.

2018-12-9
Use props
martinflashgordon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619587 ft
Poland

I have Phantom 44 Pro + and I can not load firmware list with version DJI+Assistant+2+For+Phantom+2.0.7.exe
What to do?
2019-6-20
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

I was getting the same firmware error message. I updated my DJI Assistant to the latest version and it is now fixed. I didn't even have to uninstall the old version.

Thanks for the help
2019-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules