Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OTG lag
1079 8 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wreo
First Officer
Flight distance : 531014 ft
Canada

hello, so I noticed I was getting tons of lag when using sport mode so I thought I’d buy an otg cable to get rid of that.. so today I received it and went to fly the spark and it was still just as laggy if not worse.  Not sure if there’s any settings I should be using when the otg is plugged in but just wondering what other peoples experiences are
2018-1-29
Use props
fansde510068
lvl.3
United States

Tons of threads on here about the OTG cable but at this point if you have up to date GO 4 then OTG is only working with IOS. I have all up to date app and equipment and the OTG cable works swell with my iPhone 7+.
2018-1-29
Use props
warubikku
Captain
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Yea the phone and version of the djigo 4 ap you are using would help...if you still want help on this, but there are a million threads about OTG out there already.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wreo, I would recommend you fly in a recommened environment. You can enter wifi setting and choose the channel with the best signal. What is your model of device? Please use devices in our recommended list. Thanks for your support.
app spark.JPG
2018-1-31
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132717 ft
Brazil

First question: Android, right?
OTG is not supported by DJI for now, but it works really better than WiFi for me.
ZERO lags and ZERO disconnects, it is my Spark at its best.

Are you sure the communication between your Controller and your phone was going through OTG cable?
Try disabling WiFi to make sure it is over OTG.

Basic procedure:

Turn Spark on
Turn Controller on
Open DJI Go 4 App

When everything is on, the app is opened and communication between controller and spark is ok (green light on), only then you connect your OTG cable in the controller.

You will see "Go Fly" and experience a marvelous non-laggy flight.

But as I said in the beginning, OTG is not officially supported right now, DJI is working on this solution right now.
The problem? Latest DJI Go 4 App (ANDROID) is not working correctly with OTG. (No telemetry, no battery info, no quickshot modes... etc)
Solution? Download DJI Go 4 version 4.1.15 as it is the last version known to work with OTG.
2018-1-31
Use props
Wreo
First Officer
Canada

FelBRax Posted at 2018-1-31 04:47
First question: Android, right?
OTG is not supported by DJI for now, but it works really better than WiFi for me.
ZERO lags and ZERO disconnects, it is my Spark at its best.

Hello, I’m using an iPhone 6. I have airplane mode on when otg is plugged in.  I find I get the same amount of lag when using wifi?  Do I have to select a certain channel when using otg?  Thansk
2018-2-4
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

are you sure your phone is on airplane mode.

Once i was flying and noticed that even though OTG was plugged in, Wifi was still on and being used.     So I always put into airplane mode now when I fly.

Not sure if that's your problem, but one thing to look out for
2018-2-4
Use props
Wreo
First Officer
Canada

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-2-4 13:22
are you sure your phone is on airplane mode.

Once i was flying and noticed that even though OTG was plugged in, Wifi was still on and being used.     So I always put into airplane mode now when I fly.

100% sure.  I only see, to get lag while flying in sport mode... is this the same for you?
2018-2-4
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

Wreo Posted at 2018-2-4 13:29
100% sure.  I only see, to get lag while flying in sport mode... is this the same for you?

not something i've noticed, but possible.  Often I try fly straight line as i'm taking footage..so don't notice lag there.   When I bank i don't recall recall lag either.

I do get some lag when I'm getting further out...ie approaching 1K
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules