3035 19 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2S3jGnh1ePFi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2088153 ft
Chile

Hey guys, dear DJI

Please explain me how the gimbl can get destroyed during flight and without crash!

I had the screen recorder on when it happend. After this flight I could fly one more time until the gimbl won't to initalize anymore (last part of the video).

I won't repair to my own cost because there seems to be mal construction of your side. Many other users are affected and I think the newest firmware update did bring the gibml to "crash" during the flight.

Thank you for an explenation dear Dji.

I'm travelling around south america and I can't send my device in. I'll go to Santiago and hope they can fix my device. But who pays me that?!?!

2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_2S3jGnh1ePFi
lvl.2
Chile

By the way.. I'm using the newest app version and firmware and I think that's why the gimbl now isn't working anymore. See a lot of other people with the same problem!!!! DJI GO 4 version 4.2.4

2018-1-29
Use props
DonMigel1979
Second Officer
Germany

I have a similar problem.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-131653-1-1.html
2018-1-30
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Stuff happens. Machines malfunction.
2018-1-30
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-1-30 07:24
Stuff happens. Machines malfunction.

If the malfunction cannot be attributed to the user, then DJI should not charge for the repair.  Accountability works both ways--I break it I pay for it, if DJI breaks it (through defect or malfunction) DJI should repair for free.
2018-1-30
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

Were you able to resolve your issue?  I had the same problem with my mavic pro at around the same time as you after a firmware update even though mine had no history of crashes or problems but for when I updated the drone.  I was advised by DJI to send it in for diagnostic and repair but after receipt and a call DJI conceded no diagnostics but they default to replace the whole gimbal solution no matter if it was your fault or the firmware's fault--and of course at your cost.  In hindsight, I should have troubleshot it by rolling back to an earlier firmware or waited for a new firmware.  I am currently waiting for a call from a supervisor from DJI repair. Please also refer to my thread Gimbal Overload and DJI Repair USeless. I provided a video sample and it is similar to yours (https://forum.dji.com/thread-132292-1-1.html).

I have a feeling DJI is trying to sweep this problem under the rug.  They'd rather just have us send it in for repair, blame the user regardless of the cause, and default to replace the whole gimbal at the cost of course to the owner.
2018-1-30
Use props
userc364e61ecd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210 ft
United States

I have a similar problem.  DJI needs to rectify this.  Gimbal overload STARTED AFTER UPDATE TO LATEST FIRMWARE.  No crashes or hard landings before that.  Less than 2 hour of total flight time since I had it, less than 25 take offs/landings.  I'M BEGINNING TO THINK THIS IS A SCAM!  I hope people with similar problems speak up.  I will keep this thread to the top until DJI does something.  
2018-1-30
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

I agree with userc364e61ecd. This requires attention by DJI especially if a buggy firmware update is the root of the problem, and DJI's solution is to charge the owner for the fix.  That would have the earmarks of fraudulent conduct, unfair conduct, breach of implied duty, unjust enrichment and breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing. Sort of smells and sounds like when Apple was throttling iphones to force consumers to abandon old phones for new ones or just force them to pay for new batteries-- wouldn't go this far yet, but I'm starting to see similarities.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Send it in for sure
2018-1-30
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 14:59
Send it in for sure

I'm in vacation here in south america. I don't have the time to send it in and wait until I receive it back. Waiting costs me.. because I need a place to sleep.
2018-1-30
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

Foxglove84 Posted at 2018-1-30 14:55
I agree with userc364e61ecd. This requires attention by DJI especially if a buggy firmware update is the root of the problem, and DJI's solution is to charge the owner for the fix.  That would have the earmarks of fraudulent conduct, unfair conduct, breach of implied duty, unjust enrichment and breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing. Sort of smells and sounds like when Apple was throttling iphones to force consumers to abandon old phones for new ones or just force them to pay for new batteries-- wouldn't go this far yet, but I'm starting to see similarities.

I think this guy here is on the right way and he's a fix for the bad/fault gimbl design:

I can understand DJI to not publish this... otherwise they've to return all mavic pros. So it's easier for them that we clients repair it by our own when it get's destroeyed.
2018-1-30
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

userc364e61ecd Posted at 2018-1-30 13:15
I have a similar problem.  DJI needs to rectify this.  Gimbal overload STARTED AFTER UPDATE TO LATEST FIRMWARE.  No crashes or hard landings before that.  Less than 2 hour of total flight time since I had it, less than 25 take offs/landings.  I'M BEGINNING TO THINK THIS IS A SCAM!  I hope people with similar problems speak up.  I will keep this thread to the top until DJI does something.

WIth every firmware update something new didn't work.. but finally I can't use my drone anymore because the gimbl won't initialize anymore
2018-1-30
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

I went today to the official dji repair center here in Santiago and they said I need to repaire the flex cable.
2018-2-2
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

I went today to the official DJI repair center here in Santiago. The will charge me a lot to repair the flex gimbal cable and the cleaning..
In total it's 75.000 CPL (125 USD!!!) For me a way too much. But which options do I have?

Cost details
- 1 Flex gimbal Mavic Pro: $35.000 (disponible en 10 días aproximadamente)
- Servicio, mantención y reparación: $40.000

I'm disappointed
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mdeti Posted at 2018-2-2 19:02
I went today to the official DJI repair center here in Santiago. The will charge me a lot to repair the flex gimbal cable and the cleaning..
In total it's 75.000 CPL (125 USD!!!) For me a way too much. But which options do I have?

I am sorry for your case. Where did you purchase the drone? If it was not purchased locally, the local repair centre will charge for the repair. If it is possible, you might need to send the drone to the repair center that the drone belongs to if you want to apply for the warranty within the warranty period. Sorry again.
2018-2-3
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-3 02:29
I am sorry for your case. Where did you purchase the drone? If it was not purchased locally, the local repair centre will charge for the repair. If it is possible, you might need to send the drone to the repair center that the drone belongs to if you want to apply for the warranty within the warranty period. Sorry again.

Hello dear DJI Thor
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know that it would be the best to bring it there where I bought it.
But I can't (or better I won't) send it from South America to Europe/Switzerland.
I want to finish my trip through south america and I just don't have time, that's why I bring it to a local repair center.
Finally I hope that I won't get the same problem anymore during my trip.
Best regards,
Matthias
2018-2-5
Use props
axmont
lvl.1
Ecuador

TRY TURNING ON THE MAVIC sideways, motor of gimbal towards ground.  Theres a vid showing this fix and it worked for me.
2018-2-8
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

I had the same problem, send in to DJI they fixed at no charge
2018-2-8
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

duke123 Posted at 2018-2-8 12:51
I had the same problem, send in to DJI they fixed at no charge

I would like to send it in direct in but I don't have time and an address here, because I'm traveling trough South America and  I'm currently in Santiago (Chile)

And it's sad that the an official repair center charges that much for just changing the cable...
2018-2-8
Use props
mdeti
lvl.2
Chile

axmont Posted at 2018-2-8 12:34
TRY TURNING ON THE MAVIC sideways, motor of gimbal towards ground.  Theres a vid showing this fix and it worked for me.

Hello dear axmont
Thank you. I tried that already and it didn't worked for me
Also it's still in the repair center. I'm waiting for the cable now more than a week. I'm so disappointed about the official dji repair center here in Santiago. Unfriendly stuff and the charge a way too much.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules