DJI Care Refresh - Renewal?
3014 8 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

I have had DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic Pro since new.  It will run out in March 2018.  I have used it once to get a new Mavic Pro after a crash.  I am wondering if you can buy it again when it runs out.  I have just activated my new drone (replaced under Care refresh) and it is giving me 48hrs to buy a new Care Refresh.  Is this possible?
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tex, sorry to tell you that each product is eligible for only one DJI Care Refresh. The service plan cannot be renewed after it expires currently, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. GTScreenshot_20180130_155537.png
2018-1-29
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

That's a pity - thanks Mindy.  I didn't think it would be possible.  I can fly pretty well, but sometimes things just happen unexpectedly.  I'm going to have to be more careful after March this year!
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tex21 Posted at 2018-1-30 00:03
That's a pity - thanks Mindy.  I didn't think it would be possible.  I can fly pretty well, but sometimes things just happen unexpectedly.  I'm going to have to be more careful after March this year!

I fully understand your concern, while according to the current policy, the Care Refresh cannot be renewed. Hope you fly more carefully in the future.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suggest that once care refresh runs out after 12 months from activation you arrange insurance on your home insurance cover
2018-1-30
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 00:11
I suggest that once care refresh runs out after 12 months from activation you arrange insurance on your home insurance cover

How do you explain a crash/loss to your insurance company?  Not sure how this would work.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tex21 Posted at 2018-1-30 00:13
How do you explain a crash/loss to your insurance company?  Not sure how this would work.

It will depend on your policy and provider but I have a gadget cover extension on my home insurance in which I specify my drones for recreational/hobby use. The gadget cover includes accidental damage so if I lose my drone or crash it I describe what happened in my claim and they will buy me a brand new replacement minus the excess. It's expensive to insure but cheaper than buying a new one yourself.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_MdhRQK8qUagI
New

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 00:20
It will depend on your policy and provider but I have a gadget cover extension on my home insurance in which I specify my drones for recreational/hobby use. The gadget cover includes accidental damage so if I lose my drone or crash it I describe what happened in my claim and they will buy me a brand new replacement minus the excess. It's expensive to insure but cheaper than buying a new one yourself.

My homeowners insurance has a $400 deductible and if I make more than two claims in a 3 year period.. they'll drop me. I just had some crash damage and the new board and another part was going to cost just over $400 without the DJI Refresh. In this situation, my homeowners insurance would've shelled out $20 bucks after the deductible, but the claim would count against me if I ever needed serious help in the future.
2018-6-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_MdhRQK8qUagI Posted at 2018-6-28 08:51
My homeowners insurance has a $400 deductible and if I make more than two claims in a 3 year period.. they'll drop me. I just had some crash damage and the new board and another part was going to cost just over $400 without the DJI Refresh. In this situation, my homeowners insurance would've shelled out $20 bucks after the deductible, but the claim would count against me if I ever needed serious help in the future.

Looks like US and UK underwriters operate differently. No claim restrictions on my policy here but it will bump the premium for sure.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules