DISABLE SAMSUNG S8 CHARGING FROM THE REMOTE
3778 7 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MBoshoff
New
South Africa

My phone keeps draining the Mavic remotes power by charging as soon as its plugged it in. Is there a way to disable charging when my phone is connected to the remote?
2018-1-29
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

No. Simply make sure that your phone is fully charged. (You could use a power bank if you wished, in the side usb slot.)
2018-1-30
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

there's a way if you root your phone , there's an app that lets you set your max charge %.  just turn it down when you don't want it to charge... nothing really convenient though
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry, there might not be a way to disable the charging for Android device on the app.
2018-2-3
Use props
SanDiegoAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14980 ft
United States

Several claim you can cut the black wire on your USB cable to prevent charging.  I am going to test this when I have time.

DJI really should be warning us about this -- it's a safety issue since I've ALREADY had the RC controller run out of charge in the middle of the 3rd Mavic flight because it was continuously charging my tablet against my wishes.

Why isn't DJI on this with a fix?  Or at least warning users about this safety issue?
2018-2-3
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-1-30 00:13
No. Simply make sure that your phone is fully charged. (You could use a power bank if you wished, in the side usb slot.)

Take care, this option is not recommended by DJI, please check: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1133028
2018-2-3
Use props
Mad Mavic5
lvl.1
Australia

Good to know that it's not just my S8+ doing this ­
­
There must be another way

2018-8-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

SanDiegoAir Posted at 2018-2-3 15:52
Several claim you can cut the black wire on your USB cable to prevent charging.  I am going to test this when I have time.

DJI really should be warning us about this -- it's a safety issue since I've ALREADY had the RC controller run out of charge in the middle of the 3rd Mavic flight because it was continuously charging my tablet against my wishes.

Done that, did not work for me. I use a small powerbank connected to the side usb of the RC, while phone is connected to the bottom usb.
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules